eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to e-crater, feedback and tips wanted! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My statement was directed to the new member as a compliment to them

No offense meant. I agree that it is impressive since most 'bilingual' sellers have an extremely hard time with English, the language that must be used here. But then there are many that only speak English and forgot to listen in school and their writing skills are atrocious.

Many newbies come here and decide they want to do something a certain way and when told that it is against ecrater rules, assume that the rule doesn't apply to them or they will write ecrater and should receive some special dispensation. I only stated what I did so that no one is confused. No matter how nice it would be for a Greek to get to read the listing in their own language, they can't here on ecrater.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cutiehandmade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a very nice shop.

How long have you been on eCrater?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long have you been on eCrater?

Me? I started on ecrater in mid-2008 and in January 2009 I turned off my eBay store and went full time here. A couple of years ago I started also using another venue, but eBay was giving me ulcers with all the changes they kept making and I had to get out even though at the time I closed my eBay store, the most I had sold on ecrater up to then was less than $200. Very glad I switched over. I like ecrater MUCH better.
cutiehandmade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally was on Etsy and left bc of all the changes, fees and slow sells. Tried Zibbet and had sales, but its slowly becoming another Etsy.

Actually joined eCrater back 2009. It was extremely slow in sales and had a bad reputation of spams. Over the years this has changed so I decided to come back and give it a second try.

Have also started selling on eBay. There are so many rules - do not know where to find answers to half of them LOL. My friend who has been selling on eBay for years was even having a hard time finding where to go to get the answers.

As a new member they require you to meet these specifications:

$250.00 in sales
90 days member
25 transactions

Until you meet all 3 requirements they hold your funds in paypal for every sale you have. The funds can be held anywhere from 3 to 21 days. I find this extremely annoying. Ebay did this when they took over paypal. The goal is to prevent spamming.

The fact is that I am selling product. But until I get past these 3 requirements - I'm just selling small paper goods. I refuse to come out of pocket for shipping fees, when the funds are already in paypal where the customer was charged. It's a bit backwards. Ebay will advance you the shipping funds if needed and then you can pay them back. Pay them back for funds that is already there that they will not release. LOL

I'm sorry if I may have sounded a bit on the offensive side. You have been here a long time and want everyone to follow the rules. But please try to give people a small break and remember that when you are new there is alot of information to learn here on eCrater as well.

Have a nice 4th of July!

Cutie
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually joined eCrater back 2009. It was extremely slow in sales and had a bad reputation of spams.

Not sure what you mean about that as ecrater sure wasn't spamming people or sellers. I didn't find sales to be slow either. I find them slower now than they were then! But that is my experience.

Quote:
. You have been here a long time and want everyone to follow the rules. But please try to give people a small break and remember that when you are new there is alot of information to learn here on eCrater as well.

Whether I've been here a long time or not, it isn't my rules they have to follow. So there is no need, nor do I have the ability, for me to give anyone a 'break'. This isn't my website. However, many of us 'older' sellers, if we see a newbie heading down a wrong path, try to stop them because they either haven't found the information yet or are choosing to deliberately ignore it. And it is amazing how many choose to deliberately do something that is against the rules and then find themselves suspended. It also amazes me how many sellers join up to a selling venue without researching it at all and don't know a thing about selling here. Then get angry when they can't do what they would like here. Or want us to have and do everything just like ebay does but apparently without the headaches!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: