eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pre newbie first listings and price checking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Pre newbie first listings and price checking Reply with quote

OK, I've set up a (no frills) store. I, for the life of me, can not figure out how to search products current and sold. If I were a buyer I would be confused too.

I learn best by searching a product, then comparing it to prior sold listings, the pictures, prices, shipping descriptions (not even dealing with the google stuff yet).

So far, and I'm planning to sell health/beauty, I haven't been able to search and/or advance search without entering the exact name. Spelling errors bring nothing

By actually doing the search, I could better understand how ecrater works before I make a fool out of myself and start listing.

Is there a tutorial? I'm xbay, so I can complete a sale! I'm totally overwhelmed with the idea of the first couple of listings.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pre newbie first listings and price checking Reply with quote

Saintspillow wrote:
OK, I've set up a (no frills) store. I, for the life of me, can not figure out how to search products current and sold. If I were a buyer I would be confused too.

I learn best by searching a product, then comparing it to prior sold listings, the pictures, prices, shipping descriptions (not even dealing with the google stuff yet).

So far, and I'm planning to sell health/beauty, I haven't been able to search and/or advance search without entering the exact name. Spelling errors bring nothing

By actually doing the search, I could better understand how ecrater works before I make a fool out of myself and start listing.

Is there a tutorial? I'm xbay, so I can complete a sale! I'm totally overwhelmed with the idea of the first couple of listings.

You can't search for sold products at eCrater.
At eBay you can search for sold products if you are logged in to your account. Ecrater does not require buyers to create an account to make a purchase.

You have registered to create a store.
Explore your Admin panel options to set up your store.
Note the little "?" marks for information about a given option.

Review all the topics on the Index page of the forum to learn more, particularly the first three at the top. Most questions have been answered there.

Read the sticky for each topic for more information about posting questions you can't find answers for.

Welcome to eCrater and the Community.

Many sales to you.
ralph
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Saintspillow

There is no tracking of items sold here. You might be able to claw a few links out of Google/organic (keywords site:ecrater.com) and see if they are active or sold.

Also use the marketplace search on the main front page of eCrater to see listings currently active.

Looking at your (no frills) store, I see nothing. No Terms, no contact, no about, no images, no categories. Might want to fix the ancillary stuff before setting up the first listing.
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both good points.
Thanks for answereing the research question. Now I can stop looking.
I'll miss that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well generally, items sell here for what their posted price is so if you search for the same items as you will sell, you might get an idea of what is being charged. At the same time check to see that store's feedback and when their last one was and when they last updated their store (you can see that on the lower left hand of the Home page for your store). You obviously don't want to get 'advice' from dead or abandoned stores.

Lots of stuff to read here to get a general understanding of what to do and how to do it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: