eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Adding a photo to a post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
humfreybearscloset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Adding a photo to a post Reply with quote

I want to add photos on my post on the Promote Your Store page. I don't really want to have to go to Photobucket & set up an account. I saw where you could use the photo that's in your listing, but I never could get it to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't difficult. You go to the item page and depending of your browser. You choose the option to see the link of the photo. In the forum it is just use the "[img]http:[/img]" BBcode.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a photo to a post Reply with quote

humfreybearscloset wrote:
I want to add photos on my post on the Promote Your Store page. I don't really want to have to go to Photobucket & set up an account. I saw where you could use the photo that's in your listing, but I never could get it to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Smile
What internet browser are you using? In Firefox, when you right click on the photo you want to use, you are given several choices. One of those choices is "Copy Image Location" which you can use and then paste the link into your forum post. Another option is "View Image Info" which will open a small window which will show the location that you can copy to paste into your forum post. Be sure your photo location starts with http://s.ecrater.com/. When you first list an item, the photos are stored in a temporary location and later are moved to their permanent location. I don't remember exactly what the temp location says, but it is not //s.ecrater. Once the link changes to //s.ecrater you can use the link to post the photo on the forum or anywhere else you want to use the photo. Once you have the location link pasted into your forum post, highlight all of the link and click on the button URL that is above the window where you are typing your post. There is also a way to post the photo so if someone clicks on the image they are taken to that page in your store. I forget how to do that, but the directions are in the first topic that is locked at the top of the Promote your Store forum.

If your browser doesn't work like Firefox, there is a way to see the link to the photo. If you use a different browser and can't find the location link, post back with the type internet browser you use and someone will be able to tell you how to find the link.
humfreybearscloset

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Sheila,

I am using FF & used the "Copy Image Location" which wasn't working. The "View Image Info" worked properly.

Thanks a bunch! Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: