eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Catching up! Google Attributes, red exclamation marks etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dockerills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Catching up! Google Attributes, red exclamation marks etc. Reply with quote

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point out anything I've missed.

n.b. My store is an older one, I listed several hundred items and then there was a long gap until now when I've started listing again.

Until a few days ago all my items had red exclamation marks against them in "Manage Products". Reading around I realized what the exclamation marks were and that I now have to add Google attributes to listings myself. To that end I've now made use of the Global editor to add values to the "Attribute Name" and "Attribute Value" columns under the "Google Attributes" tab. I added "identifier_exists" and "false" to the two columns respectively as all my items are vintage and predate upc, gtin etc.

The results of this action have been mixed. On ecrater, within the administrative tool the Google Shopping status tab shows that everything is O.K. Three feeds processed (US, UK, and AU stores) with no problems marked. In the Products section a few of the red exclamation marks have disappeared but most remain. Searching on Google Shopping itself most items are showing up but there are still large groups of items that are completely absent eg. a number of Meccano Magazines that I added recently. Oddly enough, these are items where the red exclamation mark has disappeared on ecrater.

Even more confusing, an earlier batch of the same magazines do show up.

eg. old listing - http://dockerills.ecrater.com/p/14238464/meccano-magazine-vol-xlviii-no-9 - showing on Google

eg. new listing - http://dockerills.ecrater.com/p/20150850/meccano-magazine-may-1947-vol-xxxii - not showing

You can easily spot the different listings as I've revised the price down from $3.33 to $3.20. I'll be deleting the older listings soon but I've left them for the moment just to illustrate the problem.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dockerills

Pick one listing that still has a red flag on it. Tell us the URL to the listing, and the exact values you have for attributes.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the listings I linked to above the first does have an exclamation mark and does appear on Google Shopping. The second listing doesn't have an exclamation mark and doesn't appear on Google. It's the opposite of what you would expect.

Another example of a listing with red exclamation mark would be - http://dockerills.ecrater.com/p/20173264/the-druids-temple-berkshire-england

I used the global editor to enter identifier_exists & false for all my items into the Google Attributes page. Like the item above, they are too old to have any identifying numbers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can see from looking at the Google Products Feed Specification is that they use the attribute value of FALSE (upper-case) and not false. Not sure if the feed is that picky.

[!identifier_exists:FALSE!]

The global category of the listing is
Home > All Categories > Art > Prints > Antique (Pre-1900)

I don't see how anything else in that category could be required.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I now have to add Google attributes to listings myself

I'm sure I was reading this comment wrong, but we have always had to add Google attributes to our listings ourselves. Never had anyone else to do it for us.

BTW, I just inserted "Meccano Magazine May 1947" into the Google search and your listing for this same magazine, even the correct volume is in first place on the first page of this particular search. While you may not always find what you are looking for, doesn't mean your stuff isn't out there. It didn't show up in Google shopping though, but if it shows up on the main search, in my opinion, a much better place to be seen. The actual magazine name does show 9 magazines in Google Shopping.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sure I was reading this comment wrong, but we have always had to add Google attributes to our listings ourselves. Never had anyone else to do it for us.

I've never added them before. I had to apply for an exemption for the whole shop. That was a while back and it's the reason I'm catching up now.

For me getting my stuff listed on GS US, UK, and AU is one of the main reasons for selling from an ecrater store. It's not possible with other sites I've used. I'd like to work out exactly what's happening if I can.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume it's just a mystery then!

Not to worry. The orders are beginning to come through so I'll just carry on listing the way I have been. Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dockerills, your best answer is going to come from eCRATER customer service. They can see the exact answer back from GS. Also, there can be as much as a month before your store is updated after you make the corrections. You make your corrections, the feed goes through, but you may still have the red marks and comments until the store is updated. A quick email to CS will give you the best answer.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll have to try that.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to those who offered advice. The red exclamation marks did eventually clear themselves without me taking any further action.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: