eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sycmystic - I cannot even do the Google Attribute thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sycmystic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Hi. I am NEW here! Reply with quote

Hello, fellow Ecraters!
My store is:
sycmystic.ecrater.com.
I am a refugee from Evilbay.
I sell pure organic products and I love what I do, because my company has helped so many people.
However, I am not making any sales here, eventhough I post on Facebook and drive traffic here.
I am NOT TECH SAVVY.
I cannot even do the Google Attribute thing, because it stumps me.
Please post advice.
And help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sycmystic: You are changing the topic of this thread from promoting to google attributes. Sort of like kidnaping the topic. There are many current threads in the different topics about the attributes and you should find them, study them, and then try things out. If you have a specific question AFTER trying, just ask.

Just as a note, and not saying this to be rude, many of us that sell here, personal computers weren't even dreamed of when we were in school and yet we learned. Get rid of the mind set that you aren't tech minded because if you want to sell on line, you have to use the technology. It is as simple as that. We are always happy to help with specific questions, unless it is the 10th time that week it has been asked, but it is expected that you try to figure some things out on your own from the many in detail posts that are here on the forum.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Sycmystic: You are changing the topic of this thread from promoting to google attributes. Sort of like kidnaping the topic.

No worries ... I've fixed it
sycmystic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Sycmystic: You are changing the topic of this thread from promoting to google attributes. Sort of like kidnaping the topic. There are many current threads in the different topics about the attributes and you should find them, study them, and then try things out. If you have a specific question AFTER trying, just ask.

Just as a note, and not saying this to be rude, many of us that sell here, personal computers weren't even dreamed of when we were in school and yet we learned. Get rid of the mind set that you aren't tech minded because if you want to sell on line, you have to use the technology. It is as simple as that. We are always happy to help with specific questions, unless it is the 10th time that week it has been asked, but it is expected that you try to figure some things out on your own from the many in detail posts that are here on the forum.

Wow.
What a welcome...
Yes, you ARE being rude.
No need to attack me.
YES, I am here to find out exactly how to promote my store and drive traffic(buying customers, not just window shoppers) to it.
And if you had read the post correctly, then you have seen that as my FIRST question.
But while I was here, I thought to also ask about Google attributes.
I had this idea that this forum was of like-minded people that are friendly and welcoming. I wasn't expecting this underhanded attack.
I still will remain here, hoping someone with a DIFFERENT mind-set than you will come along and help me.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycmystic wrote:
Wow.
What a welcome...
Yes, you ARE being rude.
No need to attack me.
YES, I am here to find out exactly how to promote my store and drive traffic(buying customers, not just window shoppers) to it.
And if you had read the post correctly, then you have seen that as my FIRST question.
I had this idea that this forum was of like-minded people that are friendly and welcoming. I wasn't expecting this underhanded attack.
I still will remain here, hoping someone with a DIFFERENT mind-set than you will come along and help me.

Hi, Welcome to eCrater.

There is a ton of information available in the community, if only you look around for it. eCrater has even issued a document to help people start their stores. That can be accessed from the main eCrater front page.

If people seem a bit short tempered, it may be because they are doing this on a volunteer basis, and the questions being asked suggest that the new store owner has not done much research, and read the same questions and answers, that have been supplied hundreds of time before.

I hope your store is successful.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not attack you - as you can see my first comment was picked up by the moderator and she moved your post into it's own thread so that it could be seen and commented on appropriately. I'm sorry that you took offense at my post that was only meant to be informative and helpful, from a seller with over 10,000 on line sales at this point.

Second, I did read the post correctly and you didn't ask any questions - I don't see a '?' anywhere on your note. I did respond to the part of the post - google attributes, that have several currently active threads going on with it in the last week and it is in your best interest to find them and read them. I was giving you the information that you can find the information here that you need.

I am not rude. I am very helpful. When people decide to use technology to sell on line and then claim they aren't tech savvy it makes me scratch my head. Are you planning on learning? If you don't have plans to learn and expect others to tell you every step of the way what to do, I can assure you that that will not happen. As I said many, many of us are older, with no computer backgrounds as we are all far to old to have learned it in school or college. But we wanted to do this so we have learned how to use computers, printers, scanners, cameras, software, etc. so that we could successfully sell here. Each of us has to learn. If you are having problems with a specific thing then ask about that thing.

There are many threads here on promoting your stores. I posted one this week regarding using Pinterest. There are many fairly current threads (as in posted in July) about different aspects of improving listings, which deal with some of the problems with your listings, such as using all caps (considered shouting on line), misspelled words, such as Wishing you WELLTH! Were you trying for Wealth or Wellness or just making up a word for your store? Let's just say if you didn't like my first response, you certainly aren't going to like what others have to say about your listings as potential problems for preventing sales, such as why are you charging sales tax in all states? Normally you only charge sales tax for the state you reside and sell from.

Don't worry, I won't bother you again.
sycmystic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I did not attack you - as you can see my first comment was picked up by the moderator and she moved your post into it's own thread so that it could be seen and commented on appropriately. I'm sorry that you took offense at my post that was only meant to be informative and helpful, from a seller with over 10,000 on line sales at this point.

Second, I did read the post correctly and you didn't ask any questions - I don't see a '?' anywhere on your note. I did respond to the part of the post - google attributes, that have several currently active threads going on with it in the last week and it is in your best interest to find them and read them. I was giving you the information that you can find the information here that you need.

I am not rude. I am very helpful. When people decide to use technology to sell on line and then claim they aren't tech savvy it makes me scratch my head. Are you planning on learning? If you don't have plans to learn and expect others to tell you every step of the way what to do, I can assure you that that will not happen. As I said many, many of us are older, with no computer backgrounds as we are all far to old to have learned it in school or college. But we wanted to do this so we have learned how to use computers, printers, scanners, cameras, software, etc. so that we could successfully sell here. Each of us has to learn. If you are having problems with a specific thing then ask about that thing.

There are many threads here on promoting your stores. I posted one this week regarding using Pinterest. There are many fairly current threads (as in posted in July) about different aspects of improving listings, which deal with some of the problems with your listings, such as using all caps (considered shouting on line), misspelled words, such as Wishing you WELLTH! Were you trying for Wealth or Wellness or just making up a word for your store? Let's just say if you didn't like my first response, you certainly aren't going to like what others have to say about your listings as potential problems for preventing sales, such as why are you charging sales tax in all states? Normally you only charge sales tax for the state you reside and sell from.

Don't worry, I won't bother you again.

"Wellth" is a deliberately "misspelled" word.
That should have been obvious--however, I'll just go ahead and explain it:
WELLTH:
Wealth of wellness.
Really...
sycmystic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
sycmystic wrote:
Wow.
What a welcome...
Yes, you ARE being rude.
No need to attack me.

Hi, Welcome to eCrater.

There is a ton of information available in the community, if only you look around for it. eCrater has even issued a document to help people start their stores. That can be accessed from the main eCrater front page.

If people seem a bit short tempered, it may be because they are doing this on a volunteer basis, and the questions being asked suggest that the new store owner has not done much research, and read the same questions and answers, that have been supplied hundreds of time before.

I hope your store is successful.

Hello Cosmicray!
Thank you!
This does help somewhat.
Furthermore,just the fact that you chose to be welcoming and rather kind makes a huge difference.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to comment on rudeness or lack of it. I looked at one of your items.

http://sycmystic.ecrater.com/p/12258581/fit-pet-advanced
Title:
Fit pet advanced
Photo:
A running dog with a man in the background
Description:
As our beloved pets age, their joints can experience various problems.
Just like humans, they need the extra help.
FIT PET ADVANCED lubricates and protects joints, tendons, muscles and has extra calcium to protect bones.

That is it. No where do you mention if this is an ointment, pill, drops, etc. No mention of the amount you are selling. No mention of the ingredients or that it is organic which you state on your home page but not in your listing which is probably all a buyer will see.

You need to really work on your titles and descriptions so that shoppers know what they are buying. You do not need to be tech savvy to do that. The google attributes also do not require technical aptitude, just knowing the correct format and what attributes are appropriate for your inventory.
sycmystic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Not going to comment on rudeness or lack of it. I looked at one of your items.

http://sycmystic.ecrater.com/p/12258581/fit-pet-advanced
Title:
Fit pet advanced
Photo:
A running dog with a man in the background
Description:
As our beloved pets age, their joints can experience various problems.
Just like humans, they need the extra help.
FIT PET ADVANCED lubricates and protects joints, tendons, muscles and has extra calcium to protect bones.

That is it. No where do you mention if this is an ointment, pill, drops, etc. No mention of the amount you are selling. No mention of the ingredients or that it is organic which you state on your home page but not in your listing which is probably all a buyer will see.

You need to really work on your titles and descriptions so that shoppers know what they are buying. You do not need to be tech savvy to do that. The google attributes also do not require technical aptitude, just knowing the correct format and what attributes are appropriate for your inventory.

Okay, I thank you.
I will be working on all of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: