eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not exactly new, but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangePoppyFashion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Not exactly new, but.... Reply with quote

determined to stay! Very Happy I love ecrater, and have been listing here, on and off, for a couple of years. Recent changes on ebay convinced me that I will no longer have a future there; though 100% feedback and all stars 5, TRS and PS and I do not have many DEFECTS, as they lovingly refer to their ill-fated program there. Yet, it has become a scary place to do business. It is refreshing to see places like ecrater that treat their sellers with respect and do not try to micro-manage our business activities.

So, I will study how to bring my listings over here. Not sure of the process. Although I may leave my existing listings there, and simply create all the new ones here, only. We shall see which is better.

I wish all oldies and newbies lots of sales!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't sold on eBay for years (since I discovered eCRATER). Don't know if they have loosened the rules or not but can you add to your listings a line about all new listings can be found on www.yourstorename.ecrater.com.

If you have a lot of items on eBay you can use a bulk lister to move them but so much has to be edited to get rid of eBay references etc that it may be easier to copy and paste the descriptions.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said toodle-oo to ebay years ago, I downloaded Turbo-lister, mistakes and all, and then manually set up each of my listings since ecrater listings need different things than ebay did. Just remember when doing so that there are NO auctions here. One of the things we see all the time with ebay escapees, who haven't spent anytime cleaning up their listings.
OrangePoppyFashion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
I haven't sold on eBay for years (since I discovered eCRATER). Don't know if they have loosened the rules or not but can you add to your listings a line about all new listings can be found on www.yourstorename.ecrater.com.

If you have a lot of items on eBay you can use a bulk lister to move them but so much has to be edited to get rid of eBay references etc that it may be easier to copy and paste the descriptions.

Hi maggiethehousecat
Thank you so much for your kind and informative response! I created this line

My new listings can be found on www.orangepoppyfashion.ecrater.com

and have a question. Is there a bulk edit option here that would add this line to all listings, at once?

Thanks.

As to your other tip, I think you may be right, I would probably benefit from just recreating the listings I wish to bring over, and not mess with a bulk importer tool. I still have about 600 listings on ebay, which are (slowly) selling, so I may either leave them there, and just do all new listings right here - as the current listings in my ecrater store are not listed anywhere else - or, I will bring them over in batches and copy / paste the content. Slowly selling = ebay security breach, new seller policies, Chinese items flooding the site, the search being rigged to favor certain sellers and bury the items of others...arrrgh. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Your input is much appreciated.

Last edited by OrangePoppyFashion on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
OrangePoppyFashion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
When I said toodle-oo to ebay years ago, I downloaded Turbo-lister, mistakes and all, and then manually set up each of my listings since ecrater listings need different things than ebay did. Just remember when doing so that there are NO auctions here. One of the things we see all the time with ebay escapees, who haven't spent anytime cleaning up their listings.

Moonwishes
Thanks for your comments, too! No worries. I am not normally doing Auctions, much prefer the Fixed Price listings. Although, after I closed my store on Feepay, I had to use auctions for that is the only thing that is FREE now (no listing fees) and they no longer give out FP promos as generously as they used to in the past. Thanks anyways, for the reminder to be careful when importing things. As stated above, I am still on the fence on that, perhaps I will just leave the existing listings there, and then bring them over in batches, crating the listings from the scratch, as my time allows.

Have a great evening! Smile
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange Poppy, you don't need the line about new listings on eCRATER. You need them on your eBay listings. There is a bulk editor here BYW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: