eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Where should I put that shipping method has no tracking?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldenstonebazaar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Where should I put that shipping method has no tracking? Reply with quote

While browsing forums here, I found buyer's request: I want my tracking number or refund.

This concerns me, because I offer cheaper, but not trackable shipping method.
The cheapest shipping method by Canada Post has no tracking capability and, unlike in US, no option to get tracking number or delivery confirmation for a small additional fee, you can only get next, tracked shipping method, that roughly costs 2x more.

If we should not include shipping info in description and do not use boilerplate text ("Small Packet service has no tracking number"), where should I place that information, in store Terms?

I already asked in shipping thread, but is there any way to add more expensive, tracked method of shipping? I can't see how, so far.

Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you're in Canada, the customer does not get a pick-and-choose multiple-choice list of shipping options. You have to pick one for them (potentially the more expensive one). You could put something in your Terms that indicates that cheaper non-trackable shipping is available upon request. You cannot offer cheap, then upsell the more expensive one.

Keep in mind that for most situations, tracking is for you and for the payment service, not so much for the customer. If you have no tracking to show delivery, be prepared to make refunds.
goldenstonebazaar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
So, specifying that shipping is not trackable goes in Terms, not listing. Let's hope they would look there before buying.

I have to offer the cheapest ($8.30) shipping, not the trackable one($16.50). Only few people chose tracked shipping when I was able to give them a choice. I made refunds, there were not so many requests for them, mostly from Germany, and after receiving package they paid back.

For me (and PayPal) it should be proof of delivery, not proof of shipping, to US it starts from $20, around $60 to EU. I can't include this in price, this will kill sales, nor can I afford spend such amount for own peace of mind, I'm not that wealthy.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: