eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How much does Market place cost?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But those places lead you to the store links, google blocks our store links and puts them in the omitted search

Not necessarily. I just searched for an item I just sold so I figured it would still visible. I found it on the second page midway down and it did lead directly to my store, not my store on on the marketplace.

Google may put some listing in omitted search (whatever that is) but not all. Some listings are right there, ready to be found on the organic search.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd, just had an order go through store direct, but I can see no results in organic on any of the major search engines. I wonder just where it was seen??
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possibility would be someone who looked at the item prior to purchasing and saved a link to the page as a bookmark/favorite. When they decided to purchase (or after they made a deposit in their bank account) they used the direct link to come back and purchase.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, ANY link you have that goes directly to your store can be considered a direct sale, so if you posted a link three years ago and someone found it on a blog or something and clicked on it and come to your store, gets you the direct sale. One of two of my favorite ways for getting sales, with the other being Pinterest, because I figure that I did the work and am seeing the fruits of my labors to promote my store Very Happy . Even an old customer that you sent a packing slip or a shipping email with your store url can also get the direct.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have been a link that was emailed from one person to another. Those would have no obvious referral.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
But those places lead you to the store links, google blocks our store links and puts them in the omitted search

Not necessarily. I just searched for an item I just sold so I figured it would still visible. I found it on the second page midway down and it did lead directly to my store, not my store on on the marketplace.

Google may put some listing in omitted search (whatever that is) but not all. Some listings are right there, ready to be found on the organic search.

Because you have a lot more places you post your link from, so you got lucky.
But in comparison to the omitted search, the listings get stuffed there. Like I said , search, see bottom of page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Keep going to the last one, then see a link at the last search at the bottom and see "omitted" and then see what is in it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because you have a lot more places you post your link from, so you got lucky.

I don't consider myself lucky but a hard worker over the last six or more years that I have been here, promoting endlessly in as many ways as I can.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I bet your yard is chock full of 4 leaf clovers, you know it is. Razz

I mean that you been at it longer, post more places, and sell at other places. So your link managed to survive or get found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: