eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what does google shopping status explain?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supermarios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: what does google shopping status explain? Reply with quote

If you click google shopping,you will see status buttom.It shows US store and UK store.In my store there noticed me erros:Invalid GTIN value. I think it is becasue I used wrong upn number when I fill in google attributes,I wonder if this will cause no traffic from google or something.My store get very small traffic after 5 days.Is there anybody meet with the same trouble with me?Is there someone knows how to fix this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 items is a very small store. Having the shipping at the beginning of your titles is wasted space. No one will start search with "DHL shippping" That should not in in the title at all. Put the most important info first. I am sure that one thing is making it hard for people to find you. On eCrater you need to promote your own store. I have no idea how to promote what you sell, but having searchable titles will be a start.

Also, because you are selling things that drop shippers sell, your items will and up mixed in with them. Aliexpress can pay to be at the beginning of google shopping results, your items will always be rank lower.

It takes a while for listing to show up in searches. It isn't automatic. Have you submitted your store to other search engines?
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your tittles. Cool
supermarios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
22 items is a very small store. Having the shipping at the beginning of your titles is wasted space. No one will start search with "DHL shippping" That should not in in the title at all. Put the most important info first. I am sure that one thing is making it hard for people to find you. On eCrater you need to promote your own store. I have no idea how to promote what you sell, but having searchable titles will be a start.

Also, because you are selling things that drop shippers sell, your items will and up mixed in with them. Aliexpress can pay to be at the beginning of google shopping results, your items will always be rank lower.

It takes a while for listing to show up in searches. It isn't automatic. Have you submitted your store to other search engines?

ok,thank you so much for your suggestion,I will revise the titles.About other search engines,I tried msn bing search engine,always fails at the last step...I will try again.
supermarios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:

But,about the Invalid GTIN value problem?How you deal with this?I find the only way is check the product and fill into the right GTIN number.Or else items can't be find in google shopping.

Last edited by supermarios on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
supermarios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Check your tittles. Cool

Ok,i will change the titles.
supermarios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Check your tittles. Cool

Ok,i will change the titles.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have no idea what your problem is with your attributes unless you show us an example of what you have done with them. And yes, not having your attributes correct will prevent them from showing in google shopping.

I wouldn't be surprised at all at little traffic in your store after 5 days. Most of the traffic that you would have seen is those of us here checking your store to see what problems you are having. Also the web crawlers will have made hits, but probably no true buyers. You have a very small amount of products for sale and ecrater is a place where you have to work hard to promote your goods to be able to get sales.

As the other posters have mentioned you have a very small amount of goods up for sales, with poor titles, poor descriptions, poor grammer, no categories for your products, your attributes aren't right as you mentioned, high prices from a foreign country which will make all buyers leary about buying. You need to get rid of cash on delivery as a payment source as I doubt you can even use it in your country to send mail here. You apparently just moved the DHL shipping to the end of titles--it does not belong in the title at all. You never write a simple couple of sentences to explain what you are selling, just massive amounts of data, but for someone that isn't tech savvy, they most likely aren't going to know what they would be buying so they don't.

YOU have to do your own promoting and not count on ecraters's sending info to google. In the midst of your pormoting be ready to face the consequences of using a trademarked name for your store. You may not think it is a problem but undoubtedly the Super Mario people will, as will quite possibly ecrater itself.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: supermarios.. Reply with quote

Am I the only one having an Issue?
When I click on the (www) choice, it says this seller does not have a store.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the seller was suspended or closed the store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution to his GTIN this is to not use the wrong UPC, use the correct numbers. All of his electronic items should have had a proper UPC, but they were from China I believe and if pirated goods maybe they didn't put the correct UPC on them. The seller I know has changed their store name, and that store is currently operating. I don't know if he is still having trouble with his attributes.

I don't know why people would deliberately use the wrong UPC because in some places the first person to list an item with a UPC, then the venue assumes all future items with that UPC is the same thing. I've seen sneakers with a UPC that belongs to a Simplicity sewing pattern. Considering the first half of a UPC designates the country it is produced in (or for) and the rest the actual company and the last half of the number, the item itself, there is no way that a pair of sneakers can have or just be one digit off from a pattern. When I saw that I spent about an hour researching on line and found the appropriate UPC which was completely dissimilar from the one used incorrectly. So when someone listed something under the wrong UPC, unless it is a same type item that had one or two of the last numbers wrong, there is no way a mistake of that magnitude is an accident, it is deliberate. And at this point in time with all the info in google's 'brain' they know what is right and what is wrong for simple things like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: