eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ATTENTION New ecrater.com Sellers - please read
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiboux

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: No menu No orders! Reply with quote

I'm really sorry not to have known about this & I'm trying to find how to put the shop on hold till it's all sorted,but when I sign in there isn't an orders and therefore no menu to do it?! DO you have a link to it?I'm baffled
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Ns1expressions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: New to Erater Reply with quote

Hello All,
I happy to be a part of a growing community. I have placed my store (ns1expressions) on hold and hidden my pictures until I have upload all product, with correct description. This forum has been very helpful so far. I must admit, I've made a few mistakes already (like not realizing the store was live before putting all the correct information in the description or understanding the shipping method.

Thanks for reading,

(Ns1expressions)
Rocks-of-Joy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just opened my eCrater store this weekend. I will be adding new items daily, and have at least 800 different items to list. Yes, it's a bit of a hodge-podge with crystals and minerals, jewelry, and vintage collectibles, but I don't want to have to keep track of more than one store.

So far, the only thing I have found to be troublesome is the shipping options, as have many other sellers I noticed by reading other forum topics. The products I sell range in weight from 2 or 3 ounces to 20 pounds or more. So, the way the shipping matrix is set up may cause some lost sales because of shipping fees. If I chose the option of fixed shipping prices, seems like Australia and the UK are excluded from buying anything in my shop. Yet, I don't want to offer free shipping because I would make little or no money because of shipping fees. Or, I would have to greatly increase the price of the item to the point it probably wouldn't sell anyway.

Otherwise, I'm excited to be part of the eCrater community and hope my sales take off soon!

http://rocks-of-joy.ecrater.com/
Hirotechnion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Question about shipping matrix Reply with quote

Good evening,

I am new to e-Crater but I have two-year experience in online selling through Etsy. My main problem with E-crater is to determine the shipping matrix. I sell from Greece to anywhere in the world, so in the shipping zones I have added all of the countries available. The thing is that it seems I have to fill in every single matrix for each individual country which is quite dissapointing (>100 countries x 10 weight categories). Do I have to fill them in according to each country's shipping policies or just Greece's policies?

Thanks in advance,
Efstratia Dokeri

---http://hirotechnion.ecrater.com/---
steveesmarket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO; WHERE CAN I FIND AN OVERALL VIEW OF WHAT ECRATER DOES AND IS? IS IT JUST A SUBSTITUTE FOR EBAY? GOOGLE ADVERTISING? DO I FIND GLOBAL SUPPLIERS THAT I COULDN'T GET ON AMAZON? ETC. HELP!
MAYBE I'M IN THE WRONG PLACE. HOW DO I FIND SUPPLIERS/MANUFACTURERS THAT DROPSHIP, ELIMINATING THE MIDDLE MEN. WHERE DO I FIND SOURCES? SINCERELY, STEVEE.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater is a marketplace where each store owner has their own store or stores to sell on. No fees except one very small one.

As to the rest, you need to come here with your own suppliers, etc. and drop shippers have to follow strict rules here although I don't know what they are since I don't use dropshippers. I doubt if many would share their sources for inventory. Many of us here sell our own products or inventory we have sourced over the years.

Once you have decided what and where you want to sell whether here or eleswhere, remember to read up about the site, read forum posts, posts on how to sell here and what to do, etc. Also please note, in case you didn't know, the use of all caps in a post is considered shouting and is actually quite hard to read.
steveesmarket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THAT HELPS WITH THE GIST. HAS ANYONE SUGGESTIONS UPON WHERE TO LOCATE A SUPPLIER DIRECTORY? WHAT ABOUT DIFFERENT VENUES FOR SELLING?
I AM HANDICAPPED- SO IT MAKES IT A LOT EASIER ON ME IN ALL CAPS. I GUESS I'M SHOUTING! PLEASE FORGIVE AND THANKS FOR THE EFFORT! SHALL WORK ON PROPER PROTOCOL STEVEE.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevee, Have you taken the time to actually read the first few pages of this thread? The purpose of this thread, is not so much to ask questions, but to tell newbies important details about selling here at ecrater. There is a Help thread where you can ask questions. But it is a good idea to really read up on things before asking specifics.

However, I do think that your best bet for finding suppliers and venues is to do internet searches and see what comes up. I don't think in 12 years of selling I have ever seen anyone share their supplier publicly on line. To do so is an open door to competition for sales for the exact same goods. I do believe also that ecrater's latest rule for drop shippers, etc. is you have to maintain your inventory at your home or place of business, so you can't just find a drop shipper and take orders for them here. You have to actively be involved in the whole selling process. But check the rules on this as I may be wrong since as I said before, I don't sell that way.

Not sure what your disability is, but there are several us that are disabled sellers here, so we have had to adjust our business to meet our needs. I for one had to stop selling books as they got too heavy for me to pack. Your need to type in all caps can end up being a problems if that is how you plan to type a listing title and the listing itself, as it can turn off buyers. I know it does me as it is extremely hard to read especially since you can not change fonts etc. on your listings. There is only the one default font and the default font size.

Anyhow, good luck finding what you need and be sure this is something that you want to do. Selling on line is not the only way to make money on line, just one of many.
Aunty-Lei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Policy Reply with quote

Thank you for helping us.

Aunty-Lei
MooreGiftsandJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Just Introducing Myself Reply with quote

Hi, I just joined and am busy stocking my inventory. I thought I would check things out here. It seems odd that I am not seeing any posts on this thread past 2015. Also, no link to the main site. Is it supposed to be like this or is this a dead forum? Anyway, here I am.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not a dead forum. Most of the posts are in the different threads below starting with the first one to introduce yourself.

No link to the main site is correct. Not sure why and I never thought about it. You can get to the main forum with this link ecrater.com also on that page is the link via the 'contact' button to the ecrater team which is a small one and as far as any of us knows never sends out anything but pers0nal replies to questions.

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: