eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I wait for an invoice???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthew88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: How do I wait for an invoice??? Reply with quote

I am wanting to purchase some items, and the seller has shipping at 80c and each additional item for 10c. Of course, when I go to purchase, it wants to charge 80 cents per item. The seller insists I have to wait for an invoice for the correct amount. My question is: How do I do the order without paying, then wait for an invoice? Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the store you are buying from, there should a "contact the buyer" button on each listing. Use that and tell them the problem. I would also go to their front page and see how long it has been since the last updated their store. Good luck!
matthew88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The store was updated yesterday, Spetember 2, 2014.
I contacted the seller twice, and this is what was said:

Me:
Quote:
Hello. How can I get the cart on eCrater to show the correct shipping amount? Thanks!

Seller:
Quote:
I really have no idea so I ask in the listings to wait for an invoice. Alternatively, I refund the overpayment to people who don't read the listing and send $.80 per item anyway

Me:
Quote:
Forgive me for being dumb, but how do you wait for an invoice? When I have ordered previously, it made me pay immediately.

Seller:
Quote:
I'm not sure what to tell you. You place your order, We send a invoice, you pay the invoice then we ship

That is not how it has worked for me. I select the items, then go to cart. In order to place the order, I have to pay.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello matthew88, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble making a purchase. The seller you are working with has their store set to charge a fixed amount on each item purchased. With this type of shipping, the cart will total all the shipping charges without a discount. There are two other methods the seller could use that allow for discounted shipping with multiple purchases, but sometimes the other methods don't work based on the type of items the seller is offering for sale. With the current system the seller is using, the cart will never show the correct amount of shipping.

I would suggest you contact the seller with a list of the items and quantity desired with a request for an invoice. The seller can then create an invoice via PayPal and send it to you. You would then need to pay the invoice through PayPal. You might suggest to the seller that they go to the community forum to learn how to improve their cart experience for their customers.

Thank you for shopping on eCRATER and I hope you'll check out some of the other sellers also. Most sellers have their shopping cart set so the shipping is calculated and buying is a simple process.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the seller have a money order option so that you can make your order and then tell them you want an invoice so you can on line? Whatever their problem, they should be proactively finding a way to make this sale happen! I know I sure would.

I know at times we have gotten orders that weren't paid for immediately and I sent an invoice to the buyer for them to pay, but that doesn't seem to be happening lately so something may have changed when buying. Nevertheless, The seller needs to know what you want and sending your an invoice is VERY easy.

Here is the sites url to find the contact form to write to the site owner and his staff if you continue to have trouble. And as the other poster mentioned, Don't think this one seller is the 'normal' type of buyer experience here. There are some great/terrific sellers here. Very Happy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking for? Maybe someone here can help you.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would suggest you contact the seller with a list of the items and quantity desired with a request for an invoice. The seller can then create an invoice via PayPal and send it to you. You would then need to pay the invoice through PayPal. You might suggest to the seller that they go to the community forum to learn how to improve their cart experience for their customers.

I had some buyers e-mailing me a list and asking for the invoice or approximate total cost. It isn't difficult.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to
SheilaDeesPostcards

follow that first paragraph she outlined.

And or agree to a refund, AFTER you paid the excess. (most simple way)
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an unpaid sale on Friday and the buyer paid via PP on Monday. If they had a problem they didn't say so.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I know at times we have gotten orders that weren't paid for immediately and I sent an invoice to the buyer for them to pay, but that doesn't seem to be happening lately so something may have changed when buying.
A reminder for the benefit of the other sellers reading this topic, once you add PayPal Direct to your store it over rides PayPal standard and requires immediate payment. With PayPal Direct active, the buyer can not complete the cart without paying. In the case of the OP, it's possible the seller has switched to PayPal Direct without knowing the buyer is no longer able to complete checkout without paying.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I know at times we have gotten orders that weren't paid for immediately and I sent an invoice to the buyer for them to pay, but that doesn't seem to be happening lately so something may have changed when buying. Nevertheless, The seller needs to know what you want and sending your an invoice is VERY easy.

Which (I think) is why we are where we are today. So many people complained (and b****ed) about receiving order without getting payment, that it has been changed to a "I don't want the order without the payment" or "I'm willing to sort thru those orders and not complain about the false-positives". Pick one. With the former you get Stripe and PP/express. With the latter you get PP classic, MOs and checks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I never changed anything myself for payments and routinely used to get several unpaid orders a month. Perhaps I should go check it out myself, but in my mind why would a buyer wait a day to pay if they are paying via PP or cc anyhow? I know way back when on ebay we had customers that wanted to grab something until payday or whatever and so would hold up payment, but I don't hold anything for more than a couple days anymore here on ecrater, since most of those longer waits never ever pay anyhow. I go by the same policy big on line stores do. If you want to place an order do so and pay right then or else put the item on a wish list or bookmark the site to come back when you have money. That doesn't help when the seller doesn't have their site set up for discounted shipping when there is a multiple amount of items purchased. I don't know what the seller is selling, but if all his stuff is about the same weight, that is easy to set up shipping in the matrix to handle that.

Sheila--I just looked at my payment options and have it set to do both PP standard (ecrater's word) and PP express. Is the PP standard the same as the PP direct you mentioned? Just wanting to clarify if this is something a seller does on ecrater or on PP itself as I know I haven't changed a thing on PP in years that I can remember.

I realize that this doesn't answer the OP question but is mostly for seller's knowledge here.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Sheila--I just looked at my payment options and have it set to do both PP standard (ecrater's word) and PP express. Is the PP standard the same as the PP direct you mentioned? Just wanting to clarify if this is something a seller does on ecrater or on PP itself as I know I haven't changed a thing on PP in years that I can remember.
Opps, my mistake Embarassed . When I said PayPal Direct, I should have said PayPal Express. Sorry for the confusion. When we use Stripe, we must have PayPal Express active if we want to offer the customer a PayPal option. We have also been advised to keep PayPal Standard active. I think it is for those cases where a customer wants to use a credit card, but it's not in a currancy accepted by Stripe, but I could be wrong.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I could be wrong

You are probably right. My head just generally doesn't hold all that stuff, yet it picks up and holds onto all sorts of trivia. Once I figure out how to use a program, other than remembering rules to use it, I never pay attention to the inner workings, yet you seem to and do it well.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: