eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Welcome To My Online Shop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniqueanclassie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Welcome To My Online Shop. Reply with quote

Welcome To My Online Shop.

Aromatherapy ~ Incense ~ Oils ~ & Gift Shops

Hello Everyone My Name is Mary

I sell a variety of items womens clothing, Incense Sticks & Cones, Aroma Oils, Mortar & Pestle, Electric Oil Warmers, Oil Burner's, Meditation Products, & Etc.

Stop by and visit my store, and don't forget to leave me a link to your store as well. Thanks for reading and looking at my store.

Make your home, business, or office an inviting place for family, friends and customers with the benefits of aromatherapy.

Visit our website to order today.
http://uniqueanclassie.ecrater.com/

I hope you love it as much as I do!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Precious ~ Flower Divine Aroma oils (16)oz Plastic bottles

Quote:
Minimum Order $100.00

You have these bottles listed as $24.00 and then state in the description that they need a $100 minimum order to get them. You should check with the ecrater team as I don't think you can do this. If you expect a $100 order, you should have $100 as the price to start with. There is no way with the that PP payment is set up that you can keep a person from buying just one bottle and paying for it on PP. Whatever your listed price, you aren't allowed to tack on more cost after they purchase something. Also depending on how you are doing the math, if you expect a $100 minimum order they would have to order at least 5 bottles at $24 at $120 before shipping, since 4 bottles at $24 is only $96. None of your other type products that I saw seem to have this minimum order requirement so I am baffled why those bottles do.

I can tell that you really are in to your products and that is great to be selling in a niche that you enjoy as I do, but I do wish that people would remember those of us with strong allergies to odors and not have them in public business places as it would literally stop me from coming to that business if I had to put up with whatever odor the owner had decided they loved. That is of course the business owners decision, not your actual problem.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking one listing at random ...

http://uniqueanclassie.ecrater.com/p/20485162/chiffon-dress-violet-small-4-6-medium-8

eCrater suggests that you have a separate listing for each size. That way, you can specify the quantity available (for each size) and the listing will go on hold when that quantity goes to zero. The way you have it now, someone could place an order for an out-of-stock size, then you would have to cancel/refund the order, and probably receive a negative feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic the dress you pointed out makes a great case for giving actual measurements of the dress. I've never heard of Xlarge being a size 10-12! That is usually the cross over point between small and medium.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Cosmic the dress you pointed out makes a great case for giving actual measurements of the dress. I've never heard of Xlarge being a size 10-12! That is usually the cross over point between small and medium.
I thought this might be a case where "junior" sizes were different since the dresses are listed as Junior, but a search of the internet shows a lot of difference in brand sizes with a junior XL generally being something in the size 13 range.

uniqueanclassie, you really need to give the buyer some idea of the bust, waist, and hip size in the different sizes. The length of the dress from the natural waist to hem line would also be helpful. I saw that you gave this "from the high point of the shoulder", but that really is hard to understand on a strapless dress.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
uniqueanclassie, you really need to give the buyer some idea of the bust, waist, and hip size in the different sizes. The length of the dress from the natural waist to hem line would also be helpful. I saw that you gave this "from the high point of the shoulder", but that really is hard to understand on a strapless dress.

This is one of those instances where it would be nice to have a little graphic, with the dimensions labeled "A", "B", "C", etc. Then list the values for A, B, C in the description. The graphic would be an additional image, and could be used for all dresses of a similar style. Might need no more than 4 or 5 images total, for different dress styles.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again on the strapless dress. Instead of saying it is Junior Miss size whatever, you call it a junior lace dress. Your category is Women's Junior dresses with all the sizes added. It would be much easier for customers to find a category call Junior Miss Sizes, as from at least a sewing point of view a 'womens' garment tends to imply Women's plus sizes. I'm sad to say in that size range and that seems to be in general what larger sizes are called. In patterns, they are always called Junior Miss and the sizes run 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, etc. all the way up to Junior Miss Plus size 25/26. By making your cateory with sizes included for what you have for sale NOW, what are you going to do when you have a Junior Miss size 13/14 for sale, make another category or add it on after the fact? Most of this is only my opinion since I have never worn a junior size anything in my life. But whatever helps your buyers come to the right listing in the best way possible is what you want to do.

Quote:
Definitely Iconic! This beautiful, sexy, and hot...!

Your second line in your description are words that no one searches for, at least I can't see them searching for an iconic dress, or a hot dress or sexy dress. These are words that you perceive when looking at the dress. It is just like saying something is gorgeous. While you might find it gorgeous, others may find it downright ugly. Again, no one would be searching for a 'gorgeous' dress. Anyhow with all those words being before the really important stuff, like size, fabric content, care, etc. you are putting your description further away from the small chunk of keywords that the spyders search out. A good keyword would be LBD and written out Little Black Dress as I can see someone searching for the perfect LBD. From what I have read about how search engines work, they generally only can scoop a certain amount of info so adding words at the front that aren't keywords and putting blank lines when not always necessary (those blank lines count against part of what they search if I recall correctly) leaves you without as good of search engine placement.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but it seems to be something that newer (and I've even seen it with older experienced sellers) have a hard time grasping that you have to come out full force with good keywords in the title and description right at the beginning. These forum threads are to help the seller and others who might be reading it, so this is just an educational point about on line selling. At the end of all your description you can add, if you care to, talk about sexy, iconic, etc. Your English teacher may not like how you write, but the search engines will Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: