eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problems with pinning to Pinterest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dockerills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Problems with pinning to Pinterest Reply with quote

I don't know if this is unique to me but I've discovered that I can't pin to Pinterest once I've added more than one picture to a listing. I've worked around the problem for a a while by adding one picture to the listing, pinning it, and then going back and adding the remaining pictures.

Now I want to pin more than one picture from a particular listing and I can't find a way around the problem.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your Pinterest board and click on the + sign and you will get three options. The first one is upload a pin which will allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer. You can then post it to any of your boards you want. However it won't have a direct link back to your store. You will have to copy paste the store url into the description which can get 'lost' if repinned a few times.

You may be able to get around that if you post all pictures on a blog and those can all be pnned from the blog but of course they will link back to the blog where hopefully you have given the lookers a link back to the actual store item.

The question becomes is it that important to show more than one picture of your item? That answer depends on how you are using your Pinterest boards.
Dockerills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

The question becomes is it that important to show more than one picture of your item? That answer depends on how you are using your Pinterest boards.

Well I think it may be quite useful for some of my boards.

Anyway I found a solution or rather I realized that I'd overlooked something. I've been using the Pinterest bookmarklet I think they call it. I've been using this and hovering over an image and either using the PinIt button if it appeared or right clicking the image and selecting PinIt on the menu. I'd overlooked the Pinterest browser extension (adds the P button to you browser). That seems to work fine.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently a lot of people have trouble posting on Pinterest. I notice a lot of pins I look at are just single pics when they obviously should connect to articles or other websites, like recipes.

If you feel the pin needs more than one pic, having the url there and clickable will take people into your article and into your store. That is better than them looking at pics and going on to the next pin. Just make sure the pic you use is the most interesting.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: