eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

(newbie) How did a UK buyer purchase my item?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: (newbie) How did a UK buyer purchase my item? Reply with quote

I have played with the shipping matrix and failed.

I thought I had reset all my items to US Buyers & free US shipping as a work around.

Just sold 2 items to a UK buyer and the total has no shipping.

Anybody around to give advice? I'm looking at the listing and don't see an international option. (Strivectin eye concentrate)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you have a UK store front.

http://saintspillow.ecrater.co.uk/

Probably an AUS one as well. If you do not want to ship to those destinations, you need to kill those stores. The instructions have been posted many times in the Community.
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be..

So is your advice to suck it up on the shipping?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You either suck it up on the shipping since ecrater rules prevent you from asking for more money after the sale, or you send the buyer a nice explanation of why you are cancelling the sales. Most UK buyers jump at the chance for 'free shipping' from the US.

This is why it is so very important to read and research this or any other selling venue to be sure you know all the ins and outs before you jump into the pool. This is one of the things that is discussed in the FAQs discusions. Also you should have seen this when going through the questions that were available when you signed up.

If you don't want to sell internationally you need to turn off your UK and AU stores immediately. Even if you don't want those stores, you can still sell internationally if you set your matrix to allow certain countries to buy from you.
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes,

Thanks. Your advice to me was right before but fools learn in the school of hard knocks. I'll take my licks. I want to sell to UK & AU.

Appriciate your advice, appriciate you being here.

Saintspillow
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has not been made clear (to many new arrivals) is that the UK and AUS stores are opt-out.

You get them automatically, and you must delete them if you do not wish to have those store fronts.
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic,

Can I opt out of UK & AU temporarily until I get that shipping matrix correct?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information given by Moon on how to handle the current orders is excellent customer service advice. The information given by Cosmicray is correct with one exception. You do not get a active UK or AU marketplace store unless you add those two countries to your shipping zones. It would be nice if there was info provided on the shipping zone page about removing your products from the UK/AU stores when you remove them from your shipping zone.

The information for how to sell in the US only, closing your UK and AU stores and selling to the UK/AU from your US store without having a UK/AU store is available in the information provided from the home page of eCRATER. From the home page, click on the FAQs > Seller and scroll down to "Managing Your Store" > "I don't want to sell in GBP and AUD". This gives the quick answer and a better answer is found in the "full tutorial". To view it, scroll down to "Administrative Tool" > "Is there a full tutorial for the Administrative Tool". Two versions of the tutorial are provided; the first link is a docx file and the second link is a doc file. Once you open the file, use the "edit>find" feature and search for "Remove items from UK and AU marketplaces". The complete directions are provided.

Thank you eCRATER for providing this information.

@Saintspillow -- I don't know when the tutorial and/or the FAQ regarding selling in GBP / AUD were added to the Seller section. They may have been added after you opened your store. You might want to check out the information to see if there are other things that might be of interest to you.

For the benefit of the other sellers who currently have active UK and AU stores, eCRATER is working on this problem. At some point (and I don't know when) additional information has been provided to sellers who don't sell to the UK or AU. On the home page of Admin (Tips), sellers have been encouraged to add the UK & AU to increase their sales since the additional marketplaces were added. This tip reads, "Start shipping to United Kingdom and get more sales. All products will be listed in eCRATER UK as well." This is repeated for the AU and these tips are shown to all sellers who have not added the UK or AU to their shipping zones. This is also repeated in red on the shipping zone page. I believe the second sentence regarding the UK and AU marketplaces was added later.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has not been made clear (to many new arrivals) is that the UK and AUS stores are opt-out.

I think that is somewhat foolish of eCrater to make the UK and AUS stores the default. Surely the vast majority of eCrater sellers do not want the UK and AUS stores?

Sure many will say 'read the TOS' but how many actually do?
Saintspillow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila,

Thanks!! It's my bad. I'll sell the product and I want to have access to those markets!! When I first started on ebay, I didn't do international and found it wasn't so bad. I sell alot of health & beauty and perfume is not legal to ship USPS.

So I eat the shipping & (PP currency conversion) and move on.
FYI, paypal doesn't offer International first class, had to go to the USPS site. Major pain.

Your info though, I must print and study!! great! and I probably opted in early on and made changes not realizing the UK AU stores were not affected.

Thanks! Thanks to all!!
I'm having so much fun I have a headache.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic appear in the forum every time. Long time ago, I suggested eCrater just hit a button to turn on/off the AU/UK stores. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I opt out of UK & AU temporarily until I get that shipping matrix correct?

Since I'm not sure if that question was actually answered, YES. You can turn off and on the UK and AU stores as needed. Just be sure that you turn them off competely and then turn them on completely (being sure your shipping and currency exchange is set right). You also have to decide whether to handle your own currency conversion on prices or let ecrater do it. Ecrater does the shipping coversion, so be sure that your shipping amount will cover a difference of about $1 or so as we never know when they may adjust the currency amount for shipping. I had two AU orders today and realized I it was time to change my exchange for the AU and global editor does that very nicely. Over the years I've averaged about 20% of my sales through international buyers. Wouldn't want to not have that coming in Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: