eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help Required: Uploading Images with Bulk Lister to eCrater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupremeKitchenBath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Help Required: Uploading Images with Bulk Lister to eCrater Reply with quote

Some issues have been constantly intervening while uploading the products to eCrater store using the Bulk Lister tool. Although we have followed the standard procedure by taking care of all the “Requirements and help” to the best to our knowledge but still the issue has not been resolved. We have tried to fix this error by uploading the bulk lister file in many different ways, but didn’t get the expected results. Following are the steps we followed:

1. Firstly, we extracted all the required data into an excel spreadsheet for the list of SKUs provided to us for the following fields:

Title name, Description, Local_cat_id, Global_cat_id, Image_url , Price, Weight, Taxable, Condition, Quantity, Shipping_alaska, Shipping_hawaii , Shipping_canada.

2. After updating all the details, we converted the excel spreadsheet (.csv) into Tab delimited text (.txt) file.

3. We moved to the Bulk List/Bay Import option in the left section of the Administrative Panel

4. We clicked on “Add New Bulk” button and locate the converted text (.txt) file for upload.

5. As we click on “Upload” button, the process of uploading begins. However, never finishes successfully, in our case.

Are we not doing it the right way? Are we missing out any crucial steps in bulk lister file upload procedure? Please suggest.

My bulk lister file gets successfully “Verified”, but gives a failed status under the “Reviewed” step – every time.

And the reason of failure comes out to be: “Your bulk file must contain items' images taken by you. eBay importer/bulk lister cannot be used with stock images, images from distributors or other affiliates”.

We have tried to fix this error by uploading the bulk lister file in many different ways, but didn’t get the expected results. We had tried taking the image URLs from eBay. We also tried using image URLs on the manufacture’s site as well as from our own site – but nothing seems to works right. We are still getting the “failed” status every time in response to the bulk file upload process. Also, we had tried carrying out the bulk file upload procedure without images, but it still failed.

Please suggest from where can we get the images for the bulk file to end up with a successful upload? We are dealing with a lot of products, so uploading all the photos individually/manually might not be a feasible option for us.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the bulk upload at all.
My first impression would be that the pictures are not a good size.
Maybe check the size and do like one item see what happens.

They have the size thing here someplace, but if it's too small will be the problem more than too big, or the shape.

just a guess since I don't know
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you tried using the manufactures pics, and the failure notice says the pictures must be taken by you...the problem may be that you must take your own pictures. (Unless I am reading something wrong) The forum is just fellow sellers, you should contact eCrater and they will be able to help you.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SupremeKitchenBath .. Sorry you are having such a hard time the the bulk lister. Most of the sellers who are active on the forum never used the bulk lister. The best answer for your problem is going to be directly from eCRATER. Go to the home page and use the contact link on the lower right of the screen. They will be able to access your failed uploads and let you know the problem. Keep in mind that the eCRATER staff is very small and it can take a little longer for them to respond, but you will get an answer from a helpful person who will work with you to resolve the problem.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the requirements listed in your admin tool for using the bulk lister/ebay import:

I. Requirements

3. Your bulk file must contain items' images taken by you. Bulk file containing 3-rd party images or images created as variations of one or several images serving as templates will not be uploaded.

Stock photos and manufacturer photos are not allowed.

em
Prodjhub

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Bulk upload Reply with quote

Why is it that when I upload an item manually they allow images from anywhere but in case of bulk upload the images has to be taken by me?

I have to deal with 500+ products and need to get them live as soon as possible, so taking pictures one by one is not a practical solution for me.

If anyone can help please do... Sad
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest thing I can think of is at least get your pics lined up on your hard drive.
It's better to list real pics, but you should email ecrater and ask them directly.
They cracked down a little on drop ship stuff, so if you try and use drop shipping , better call them too see.

But you are coming from ebay to import, but I think it might be a picture size thing , the software won't accept it, on the fly. type of thing.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bulk upload Reply with quote

Prodjhub wrote:
Why is it that when I upload an item manually they allow images from anywhere but in case of bulk upload the images has to be taken by me?

I have to deal with 500+ products and need to get them live as soon as possible, so taking pictures one by one is not a practical solution for me.

If anyone can help please do... Sad

The same rule applies in both cases. The original question was about bulk-uploading, not about manual entry. Many of your photos look very professional. If you took those, I complement you.

BTW, your terms page speaks to payment type that you do not have enabled for acceptance. You may want to look into that. If you have turned on Stripe, it may be suppressing certain other payment types.

ETA: another problematic entry ...
Quote:
Orders are not charged prior to shipping. An authorization is requested when an order is initiated.
That is not true with Stripe, or with PP.

ETA2: plus you may not exclude Alaska and Hawaii
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with the pictures is that drop shipping is no longer allowed. You should have products on hand....and it boils down to the fact that eCrater has made this a rule to sell here. It applies to all sellers.
modelersparadise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how was this problem resolved finally?

Ih ave the same crap going on, all items are in stock, pictures taken by me, no drop shipping etc.etc. and the bulk uploader refuses to accept my files...
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modelersparadise wrote:
And how was this problem resolved finally?

Ih ave the same crap going on, all items are in stock, pictures taken by me, no drop shipping etc.etc. and the bulk uploader refuses to accept my files...
I'm not sure which problem you are asking about. This topic was started by one seller talking about bulk lister and was taken over by another seller with questions about manual listing. Your problem doesn't appear to be related to your images. When a problem is resolved between the seller and the eCrater staff outside the forum, it is up to the seller to update the forum. Maybe when you get an answer to your bulk lister problem from your contact with eCrater, hopefully you'll come back and share the information on the forum for the benefit of future sellers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@modelersparadise

Are you aware that you have have active listings in the 'my ebay' category ?

Also note that those listings are showing free shipping.

You may want to put your store on hold, while you work out various issues and tweaks.

I noticed that the descriptions imported from eBay are heavy on text that should rightfully be on your Terms page.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also review eCraters terms...
- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported by eCRATER.
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
- If paid through PayPal/Direct Credit Card Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.

In case you want to read them again, http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: