eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello, I am MaryAnn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Hello, I am MaryAnn Reply with quote

Well, I am here to sell Antiques, Vintage, and More.
I really hope this is my last stop.
Like everyone else (probably), I was on Feebay. I also attemped OLA and Ebid last year. This year I tried Bonanza and Etsy. I plan on remaining on Etsy...but I really would like to replace Bonanza. I hope I will be done with my moving around. I feel like a gypsy.
I don't mind doing the work to get my store out there. I somewhat ???? understand google and the attributes. Somewhat?

I put my store on hold so that I would not embarrass myself while I was getting it ready...I have one question...and yes, I did check the forums and could not for the life of me find the answer...or I would not be bothering you.

I would like to use the USPS shipping calculator, but I understand that you should also fill out the matrix just in case the USPS site goes down. Since they are so erratic, that is not really an "if"...but rather when.
My question is this - why do I only get to about 8 pounds and then I can type in any number I want, it will not show up...Am I doing something wrong.

Can someone please help me. I would be forever grateful. Okay - maybe not "forever"...but for, at least, two hours.

Thanx in advanz for your assistance - I so very much need it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
I'm a believer that you have to commit to any site you go to for at least a year and you must actively promote your store all the time!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what you are planning on selling but will that many of them be over 8 pounds packaged? Even if you combine a few items?

That last spot can be anything you want it to be. If you use the numbers of the spaces to be pounds, then you can make that last space 10 or 15 pounds to protect yourself in case of a large order. You can always refund excess shipping if needed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello, I am MaryAnn Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
I would like to use the USPS shipping calculator, but I understand that you should also fill out the matrix just in case the USPS site goes down. Since they are so erratic, that is not really an "if"...but rather when.
My question is this - why do I only get to about 8 pounds and then I can type in any number I want, it will not show up...Am I doing something wrong.
Welcome to eCRATER! Your question is a mystery to me. I use only the shipping matrix in two stores and use the matrix as a backup for USPS Calculated in one. I've never run into the problem you are describing. I have weights filled in every weight field plus an amount for the over 16 pound amounts. Did you click the update button after completing a few boxes before continuing across the matrix? Maybe that will help. If you continue to have the problem, please contact eCrater customer service from the contact link on the home page of ecrater.com . I've found the customer service folks to be great here.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hello, I am MaryAnn Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
What browser and version number are you using ?

Perhaps you need to try this in a different browser.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mary Ann and welcome. I only use the Matrix myself but have no clue what you are talking about either. Are you running into the problem in the weight scales or the actual matrix? Hopefully you have seen posts about using the matrix to stand for anything you jolly well want to. I use those numbers to specify how many items I am shipping, but most of my inventory is aobut the same weight so it works well for me.

I did go see what you are doing and think I found a word error as in wrong one.

Quote:
Not As Described - Complete refund of purchase price, original shipping, and 90% of the original shipping.

Do you mean 90% of return shipping? Otherewise it looks like you are returning twice the shipping amount, more or less.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your replies. I waited until everyone had their say before I replied back.

I guess, I am going to have to try to just put a couple in and then do the update button. If that does not work then I will have to contact support. My packages are varied in weights so it is important that I square this away.

Funny Moonwishes store, I thought I had put my store on hold so that I could work on it while I was in the beginning stages. But thank you for your insight, I very much appreciate you checking it out and commenting on it. Any advise is welcome advise.

Oh, that's right - I put it back live so that I could ask the question - in case anyone could see my matrix. I guess, I better put it back on hold. So I can work on a few things.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
Oh, that's right - I put it back live so that I could ask the question - in case anyone could see my matrix. I guess, I better put it back on hold. So I can work on a few things.

No. We cannot see your matrix. Only you can see that.

Please answer my question from several message above.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped me.

I finally figured it out as far as the matrix goes.

You must "type" in all your numbers off the keyboard [that is the numbers above the letters], rather than the keypad [the numbers to the right of the letters]. I hope that makes sense.

Just in case another newbie asks - that was the solution. I was pulling my hair out...and finally thru trial and error. It was really quite simple.

Thank you all once again. I very much appreciate your efforts, as I am now live. Yippee!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AtMemoryLane ... Thank you for letting us know you figured out the problem. To help us help other sellers, could you please let us know if you are using a desktop, laptop, ipad and what type of operating system and browser.

I'm using Windows XP with FireFox on a desktop. I've never had the problem you experienced. In fact, I deleted some of the information from my shipping matrix, updated, logged out of my store. Logged back in, went to the shipping matrix and again had no problem adding the information from the 10 key pad. Having spent way more time running a ten key vs. typing numbers from the keyboard, I knew I didn't fill all those boxes from the keyboard. Laughing Maybe if we know your system, it will help us to help other sellers who may also have the problem.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've only used the 10 key pad for filling in my matrix since I also did enough accounting at earlier jobs I too am more comfy with the key pad. I hate doing numbers on my laptop!
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help us help other sellers, could you please let us know if you are using a desktop, laptop, ipad and what type of operating system and browser.

To answer your question. I have been on my desktop when doing my "ecrater work". I have not been on the laptop at all. I am most comfortable using either the keypad or the keyboard, so I easily switch between the two. That is how the error occurred. I must have started on the keyboard and then just not-thinking switched to the keypad. I know that I was not on the laptop because my hubby monopolizes that most of the time. The operating system on the desktop is "8.1" and I use IE 11. So there you have it - Desktop, 8.1, IE11.

I hope that will help any new person coming along.

How I found finally figured it out that it was the keyboard versus the keypad is that I went back into a few of my entries that were okay below the 8 lbs and then inputted my figures using the keypad. When I did that - IMMEDIATELY you could no longer see my figures that were previously there. This occurred whether I did an "update" or not. Then I inputted these same cells with the data using the keyboard Wella! the figures miraculously appeared. Now, this "appearance" happened whether I used the update button or not. Naturally, in the end - I did use the update button because there was no way I was going to go thru that headache again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you ALL so very very much.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be you have to turn "num lock" on ? then both rows of numbers work, not sure if I read you right, so disregard this if that wasn't anything to do with it.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I did not have my numlock on...I don't really know how that would have affected it anyway.

But thanx for the thought.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the number keypad on the side won't work if num lock is off, but the top row on the keyboard stays working all the time.
But I am not sure what you mean, with the num lock off the numbers "keypad" act as arrow keys, for the cursor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: