eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't send email "Recipient address rejected: Over quot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekoninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Can't send email "Recipient address rejected: Over quot Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone encountered this type of error "Recipient address rejected: Over quota" while trying to send an email? I was trying to send a mail for shipping confirmation to my buyer but I get this error. How can I fix this? or is there any other way I could inform my buyer that their order has been shipped, aside from Paypal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would fill in the tracking at PP and also now here on ecrater in your Admin page under the actual order you can now inut the tracking number and ecrater sends the email although if it email isn't working, then theirs probably won't go through either.

Never heard of that actual code. Sounds like someone doesn't check their email very often.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, email providers give each email x amount of space. When that space is full, you see the message you received. It doesn't mean the person doesn't check their email, it just means they don't delete their emails. Now their mail box may be full because they don't check their email, but the message simply means their mail box is full.

If you add the tracking information to PayPal, the customer can see the tracking information when they log into their PayPal account. Adding the tracking information to your eCRATER admin is really for your benefit, the customer can't see the info. Granted eCrater will send an email when you add tracking, but if their box is full it will bounce also.
nekoninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the inputs. I just marked the order as shipped via Paypal by adding Tracking details. I just hope that they won't get upset and think that I did not contacted them directly for the details and status of their order @_@
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think some people do this in order to avoid people bugging them. We have a tenant that seems to forget he has rent due most months. We finally realized that there is no point trying to call him as he has so many messages on his phone it can't hold anymore and this has been going on for several years! I haven't had a cell phone in about 13 years and I can't imagine not clearing out the messages. Same with email. It seems they only want to call out or email out.But then the email person may not realize why he has stopped getting spam.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: