eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Deleting sold items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Deleting sold items Reply with quote

This topic comes up occasionally. Usually it revolves around if the seller thinks there is value in keeping the listing up, or if they want to shuffle it to another category, or do something else with it.

The response I got back from Stripe about chargeback time frames [1], PayPal's new extended time for dispute filings, puts a whole new spin on it. If you go to the Stripe docs, concerning various chargeback scenarios, they mention the ability to visualize the original product offering page, in several of those discussions.

It's now becoming clear that we need to keep those pages intact for upwards of a year, in case something comes up, that we need to show what it said when the customer purchased it. It also suggests that selling something, then needing to make any significant change to the page, to sell another of the same item, may require a new page be created. AFAICT, if the only change is to the price, that may not require a new page.

Thoughts ?

[1] http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=290375#290375
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems right too me, that's about the only evidence we have.
jonunscloset

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point. Thanks.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Deleting sold items Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
It's now becoming clear that we need to keep those pages intact for upwards of a year, in case something comes up, that we need to show what it said when the customer purchased it.

This is precisely why I have, from the first sale in 2009, always kept a PDF of the product page of the item sold...filed on my hard drive with other relevant customer information, such as a PDF of the payments page, a scan of the address label, etc. Until eCrater introduced the "Came From" column on our admin Orders page, I always took a PDF of the listing in my store. Now I take the PDF of marketplace or store page, depending where the customer landed. I also print the page to include in the package with the product, so the customer can't say (as 2 have) that I failed to include dimensions or whatever. The PDF provides a date stamp at the bottom, so there's no question when the page was reproduced...tho I imagine it could be doctored, the way all electronic items can be. B/c of this, I have eventually deleted those pages that stopped bringing in traffic after 1-2 months. I still do have the product pages hidden for products that sold as far back as 2010, b/c they still bring a significant number of hits.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been leaving mine up for helping bringing in new customers, but that is a very wise reason as well cosmic. Some of the newer items I have in inventory I can at times restock so having those listings already up makes relisting only about 10 seconds worth of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: