eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

MIDWEEK MANIC MIDNIGHT MADNESS SALE OF DESIGNER COSMETICS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
About the item with word "Subtil", this is part of the item's name

Well that is good to know. I don't use makeup of any kind so would not have been familiar with that.

There isn't an actual character count for the home page text and that should probably something that should be part of the suggestion thread. I remember when I first started here, My home page text showed perfectly on my homepage on my computer screen but others said they didn't see it all, so I had to shorten it even more. I think it depends on your browser and there is a limit of some sort. So two things you have to check.

Oh really there isn't a character count for the home page..hmm strange I can see all my original texts I had before but only a few mentioned it appeared not everything could be seen. I did however took your suggestion to briefly outline my store. Smile

Last edited by FREESHIPPINGBOOTH on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
@ FREESHIPPINGBOOTH .. I just spend time reviewing your store and made note of the items you've mention in previous posting on the thread. Your store is looking really nice. Your text on your home page will appear different to your customers depending on the type of screen they are using and the setting they have choosen for the size type. Most (maybe all?) browsers allow a person to change the size of view. On some browsers, you hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the + or - key to change the size of view. On FireFox 8, it's actually a drop down on the main tool bar. I can change the view from 30% to 300%. I normally keep it at 100%, but if I'm reading a long article during a coffee break, I may kick back and raise the view to 150% so it's easier to read. If the information is in a text box with a scroll bar, it doesn't matter about size but the information box on the home page. At 100% on my monitor today it looks just right.

I noticed you found your shipping zone chart now that you have added your international countries. I had two thoughts on your international shipping. You said you enabled the pricing for your UK and AU stores. Did you also make sure the box was checked beside "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies"? If it is blank, then eCrater will "auto convert" your UK and AU prices. If you want to handle the auto conversions yourself for the 3 currencies based on the Canadian dollar, you should make sure to check that box. Of course, this will mean that you will need to run the Global editor sometimes to change the price. If this doesn't make sense, Moonwishes can probably give a better explanation. I don't ship internationally, but I do know it can make a difference in how your prices appear & change in your UK and AU stores.

The second thought on shipping was if you had checked with the Canadian Post to confirm that every item in your store can be mailed to every country you selected. The USPS gives information on their website that shows what we can send via USPS International, but I realize that would be different for the Canadian Post. I think some of the countries you selected are currently involved with international trade embargoes (like Iran). I also know some countries have restrictions on what can be shipped that one might not really consider until you've shipped and you lose your inventory. Just a suggestion.

One other point, you really need to review your photos. Some are so small that you have Google ads appearing on your item pages. Also, some of your photos include items that are not included with the sale and one is of an item that is different from the actual size product you are selling. Both of these could cause you some real problems. Customers are more inclined to purchase what they see rather than read the "fine print".

Thanks for your kind words mentioning my store setup is starting to look good. Smile I appreciate the feedback.

No I did not turn on auto convert for Uk and Australian prices but did it manually myself from the current rate.

In regards to shipping internationally, I do understand that some countries have trade embargos but do understand that many countries that usa have trade embargos with, Canada and other countries in the international community do have good ties with. Such as Canada and Cuba have good ties. As well as Canada and Taiwan.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
http://freeshippingbooth.ecrater.com/p/20660924/laura-mercier-mocha-spice-quad-035 I still think that you asking for trouble by not having the correct picture in your listings. Someone won't read it, or not read it well and be upset. My picture is my cat, Sammy. Very Happy

Aww your cat Sammy is cute Smile

In regards to photo of link you posted of my item listing of Laura Mercier Mocha Spice Quad, this is the actual quad and how it looks like. You are supposed to blend the colors together with your blush when you applied it on your cheeks. It is called Mocha Spice but it is a bronzy peach color. Smile
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Also, some of your photos include items that are not included with the sale and one is of an item that is different from the actual size product you are selling.

I noticed that on a page that showed a gift bag and all the goodies that came inside but the description seemed to be for only the bag. If it is only the bag, you need to take a picture of just the bag otherwise any customer is going to think they get all of the stuff and will not be happy at all.

Along with pictures, as Sheila mentioned you have some so small that a google ad is showing, the bag was one of them. You will always have an ad at the bottom of your listing. However if you have one between the photo and your description or between your description and the photos of 8 other products usually means that the photo is too small. There are a couple other reasons but the size is probably what is going on in your case. You really don't want that since your customers won't see everything in your store without scrolling or knowing that there is more to see.

I'm more than happy to try to help on the currency exchange if you want to do it yourself for your UK and AU stores. So just holler if you need help. I'm usually here daily except for the occasional day when life interferes a bit too much.

I have not had any problems before selling an item. Most who have purchased items from me have read my full item listing before purchasing an item or items. Also, i know when I do buy from other stores online, I do read the full description before purchase. I do not go by photos alone.

I do not know of anyone who just looks at the image of an item and purchase it without first reading the description or reading clearly what the titles says.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just didn't want you to lose your product or have a problem with shipping product to a country that didn't allow the product to be imported. I have been amazed by some of the products that are prohibited by other countries. There are types of books I can't ship to Canada and I can't ship children's school books to Brazil. Recently in the forum we've heard of a problem with jewelry to Russia and toys to Italy. I just wondered if some of the countries you selected had a ban on makeup. The international trade embargoes I was thinking about were very recent embargoes to some middle east and African countries that Canada may be participating.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
http://freeshippingbooth.ecrater.com/p/20660924/laura-mercier-mocha-spice-quad-035 I still think that you asking for trouble by not having the correct picture in your listings. Someone won't read it, or not read it well and be upset. My picture is my cat, Sammy. Very Happy

Awww...your cat Sammy is cute Smile

In regards to link of my item of Laura Mercier called Mocha Spice Quad, this is how the actual color of the quad looks like. I am not sure if you have used Laura Mercier Illuminating bronzer before. you are supposed to use your blush to blend all four colors together before applying on your cheeks. Smile The Mocha Spice color is bronzy peach color when applied the cheeks. Smile It is a lovely color like color of your cute cat Sammy. Smile
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just didn't want you to lose your product or have a problem with shipping product to a country that didn't allow the product to be imported. I have been amazed by some of the products that are prohibited by other countries. There are types of books I can't ship to Canada and I can't ship children's school books to Brazil. Recently in the forum we've heard of a problem with jewelry to Russia and toys to Italy. I just wondered if some of the countries you selected had a ban on makeup. The international trade embargoes I was thinking about were very recent embargoes to some middle east and African countries that Canada may be participating.

Thanks for your concern for not wanting lose a product in shipment to a country that may have issue with sending through customs. But that is why I make sure certain items that is more costly to be insured. I am lucky that I have not had any issues with items purchased from me. Smile

Yes, it is crazy with these trade embargos and customs restrictions in most countries. All says they are against sweatshop work etc. but yet many of these countries that set up red tape for being against sweaatshop work etc. have sweatshops in their own countries. Jewelry is also a difficulty sending in countries which the customs is not controlled well. That is why you do have to make sure if sending any jewelry or more pricer items to have it insured with a signature.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
you can mention more of your booth

Just a quick mention, that while it is in your name, we don't have 'booths' here, we have stores. We see the samething when sellers come from ebay and refer to their listings as auctions.

Yes, I am aware that it is not called booths in this site of a person's store but I have had this name for a long while now and had used before for other sites I had sold on. I figured it would be easier for regular customers who knew me from other sites I used to sell on to find me here. Smile
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe SammysSupplies was referring to your statement "PLEASE NOTE: This item is the promotional tester of actual product. It doesn't come in a brown compact case, but has a protective plastic casing. Brand new, unused & untested." Your photo is of the blusher in the brown compact case rather than showing a photo of the actual product the customer would receive.

I felt you were leaving yourself open to trouble with your listing for Red Flower ... Body Wash. In your description you state,
Quote:
This is an auction is NOT for full size product as seen in main image of photo, but for 0.92 Oz/31 ml "PRODUCT SAMPLER" of the product "RED FLOWER Italian Blood Orange Purifying Body Wash." It's a great way to try a product before buying the full size one (8 Oz./237 ml).
I realize you have 0.92 oz/31ml in your title also, but I've found customer's are reading less and less and rely on photos way too much.

It's your store and I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business. I'm only pointing out problem areas that I know other sellers have had problems with in the past just in case you were unaware it could create a problem.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe SammysSupplies was referring to your statement "PLEASE NOTE: This item is the promotional tester of actual product. It doesn't come in a brown compact case, but has a protective plastic casing. Brand new, unused & untested." Your photo is of the blusher in the brown compact case rather than showing a photo of the actual product the customer would receive.

I felt you were leaving yourself open to trouble with your listing for Red Flower ... Body Wash. In your description you state,
Quote:
This is an auction is NOT for full size product as seen in main image of photo, but for 0.92 Oz/31 ml "PRODUCT SAMPLER" of the product "RED FLOWER Italian Blood Orange Purifying Body Wash." It's a great way to try a product before buying the full size one (8 Oz./237 ml).
I realize you have 0.92 oz/31ml in your title also, but I've found customer's are reading less and less and rely on photos way too much.

It's your store and I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business. I'm only pointing out problem areas that I know other sellers have had problems with in the past just in case you were unaware it could create a problem.

Yes, I understand now what you and Sammy are referring to, but like I said I have sold online for quite awhile now on other sites and I have never had any issues where a buyer refers to only just a photo without reading the title or reading the details in full of item listing. I have always been descriptive with my item listings so buyer has been aware of item they are buying. I have not any any issues. Thanks nevertheless for your concern.

It seems most on here have the job of selling online as their only main source of income. Selling online is just a side job for me. I am not at all worried if a person choose not to any items I have for sale. I am perfectly fine with this. I do have a regular full-time job. Smile Also I have no problem refunding a customer back their payment. I haven't had any buyer yet who have asked for refund and are usually very happy when I have included with their purchase additional free gifts.with their order. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not know of anyone who just looks at the image of an item and purchase it without first reading the description or reading clearly what the titles says.[code]

Last Saturday I got an order for a pattern in size 4 which had size 4 written both in the title and description. Today, with my quick shipping, she receives her pattern and immediately asked for a refund. Why? She 'hadn't seen the size' and she needed a size 12 month. We have figured out what to do, and she said she noticed it right after she ordered it but it had shipped already. I haven't checked the timing on that, but still don't understand how a title that plainly said size 4 wouldn't have been noticed! She didn't read it. I've seen buyers complaining about patterns they got that all they got was an envelope full of paper when they expected to get new fully made garments for the price of $3-4! Rolling Eyes

So while you may not have run into it yet, you will. Not sure how you handle refunds, as you don't have a written policy, but I sure would hate to think you get stuck for both the price of a product (which are insanely high to me) that can no longer be sold because it has been opened and partially used, but also the shipping going and coming, fees etc.

Yet another one of your listings where the photo doesn't match the description that I found while looking for your refund policy.
KIEHL'S Hair Conditioner And Grooming Aid Formula 133 For All Hair Types - 2.2 Fl. Oz/65 ml[/quote] three bottles shown but only one being being up for 'auction' .

As to my reference to your use of the word booth. I understand that it is your store's name and I have no problem with that, it is your frequent use of the word booth throughout your store's text, just like using the word auction here where we have no auctions. Usually when we see things like this it means the seller hasn't taken the time to make their store that was transferred from elsewhere to be 'ecraterized'.

We are only trying to help you, but I've had enough customers that ordered something mistakenly even though I have very clear titles, every one starting with the word [Company] Sewing Pattern, and they think I will be sending them the blue dress, the finished tuxedo, choir robes made to order. None of which was ever implied by my listings. You have lots of listings with a high possibility for having problems. You may want to double check ecrater's policies to be sure that you are within the limits for the photos you are showing as compared to what you are actually selling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: