eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am new just open a store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAPPYFROG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: I am new just open a store Reply with quote

I am new just open a store

So is my store set up up properly yes___ no___
if no why not ? Mainly be selling Postcards .

How long take to expect to see sales ?

Look forward to responses

Be Blessed

Shocked
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. Don't forget to fill in your FAQ's, term of service and such. I know nothing about postcards, but it seems like buyers would want to know the size. I hope you have many sales.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I think you should look at what other PC sellers say about their cards. You say nothing except that you know nothing. Not a very good way to rack up sales.

I'm no expert on PCs either but I do know that collectors are interested to know when a used card was postmarked and if it has been used that info will be on the back of the card. Also does it have a postage stamp on it and if so which stamp. Also does it have a publisher's name?

Condition is also important to collectors particularly corners and if it has been folded or bent. You can find all this information re grading condition on the internet.

Is English your second language or are you just careless? You need to proof read your titles and descriptions because your opening line (actually second line) doesn't make sense. Also your bit about what you do with the money shouldn't be part of the description. That goes on the about page which you haven't filled in.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For I do not collect Postcards or know nothing about
Postcards why they are dated as vintage for they do
have age behind them 4 sure . But will receive a nice
postcard to add to your collection that you can be proud
to add and maybe even show off :0)
Scan only back of postcard if unused or by request

Money goes toward my online ministry reaching the broken wounded and
the lost to the Lord for soon coming King

None of this belongs on a listing. If you are selling to give to a bona fide charity, you should be mentioning that charity by name. If the money is going into your pocket for whatever you plan on doing with it, who will be keeping you accountable that it isn't spent on a bag of Doritos? Anyone claiming to be selling for a charitable purpose must be good stewards and should at all times be able to prove what money came in and where it goes. Is this ecrater policy, No, but it is a way to be sure that money is being handled in the proper way for any charity, otherwise anyone can set up a place to sell saying the money is going to whatever when in reality, you have full plans to use it in another way. This business is being done as YOUR business and if you want to use it all or a portion for charity, that is your perogative, but buyers don't need to know other than that you help support (insert name) charity with a portion of the proceeds. I say all this, because just by what you are saying repeatedly is putting you at a higher level for how people will expect you to conduct your business, handle refunds, etc. God expets our best, not an 'I don't know nothing about this attitude'.

Why are you selling postcards if you know nothing about them, especially at the price you are listing them at? The biggest turn off to me about sellers are those that abdicate any responsiblity by saying they know nothing about what they are selling. At the minimum do what the prior posters mentioned.

Other than your categories, I don't even see you store name anywhere. A logo with a smiling frog isn't a store name.

Quote:
3 day payout required or become relisted unless
contact me about payment and I will work with
you gladly .
Ecrater is set up for immediate payments. It is not like ebay. If you don't have a payment within 24 hours, you generally aren't going to get one. If you sell one of those postcards that you know nothing about and a buyer wants to return it, do you have a refund policy in place?

I wish you well, but you might want to check out a few more of the other sellers stores to see what they do, most especially the postcard sellers. Checking out non-postcard sellers also will give you even a more well rounded approach to how to list effectively.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: