eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

International Shipping Restrictions Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: International Shipping Restrictions Question Reply with quote

I don't ship out of the US normally. If someone asks I usually do it. This time it's a collectible Matchbox vehicle. I have read the restrictions to Italy and no toys NOT made wholly of wood can be shipped there. Does a "collectible" Matchbox vehicle qualify as a NON-toy? The vehicle is from the Matchbox "Collectibles" series and it says right on the box "This model is not a toy". But does Italian customs care about what the box says?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's sold as not a toy.

So if they want to give there kid a collectible, as a toy, that would not be any decision you have control over.

I know I didn't answer the question, just a bit of logic.

But I find illogical that they can only get wooden toys ? too wierd.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, if it were a different country I might consider shipping it as a collectable. Since it is Italy, I would not process the order. I don't ship to Italy period! Just my opinion.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not using FedEx but i checked their prohibited list to Italy and the only mention of toys is this: Toys and games containing copper sulfate. I'm more inclined to believe FedEx over USPS. I think I'll take my chances and send it insured.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the only problem to ship International. Every country has different rules about the items.

I made a search in Google. I don't found anything about copper sulfate or cuprous sulfate in Matchbox toys. I only found it is use in some science kit laboratory toys.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are shipping via FedEx, then go with the information provided by FedEx because they are going to handle the package from pickup in the US to delivery in Italy with processing through the FedEx customs clearing in Italy. If you are shipping via USPS to Italy where it will go through Customs and be handed over to the Italian Postal Service, then I'd look closely at the info provided by the USPS.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's blue crystals, I had a chemestry set, it is safe, bit I ain't Italy.

My dad knew all about it from being a tool and die repairman, it might be that blueing die they use for etching in a die, or find defects, small imperfections on the surface, or something like that after you make it a liquid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since it is Italy, I would not process the order. I don't ship to Italy period! Just my opinion.

Me as well. Italy is one of the worst countries to try to ship to. I've had packages go missing for months and then returned for the 'wrong' custom label, which of course was the same as every other one I used. I could tell that they had been pawing through everything as well since the patterns weren't in the order in which I had shipped them. Other things went completely missing never to be seen again. I don't think you can track shipments to Italy and I don't think you can even get insurance to Italy, so unless you want to gift an Italian mail clerk with a gift for his kid, I would cancel the order.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update:

The tracking on the package shows "delivered" on 10/14. Hopefully if I hear from the buyer it's because they are happy......
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully if I hear from the buyer it's because they are happy......

..............that it was actually delivered Very Happy

Good for you. How did you actually ship it so that you know it was delivered? I didn't think Italy was on the USPS list at this point.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: