eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Matrix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WireMeshValues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Shipping Matrix Reply with quote

How do I set up multiple ones for freight shipments in the US,
also can we set up "real time shipping rates" with an alternate carrier on Ecrater
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping matrix does not allow for alternate carriers. You have to pick one carrier, or a blended value.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wire mesh, it is good that you have those listings on hold until you figure out your shipping. Obviously bigger and heavier than the usual PO delivery. Can UPS handle your shipping or do you need motor freight? If motor freight, since you can know that without knowing where it has to be delivered to, and since to sell on ecrater you have to sell to all 50 states, there is no way you can estimate shipping between Mass and Hawaii the same as Mass and RI! Shipping has to be included in the listing and for you that is nearly impossible.

I have said this to a few sellers, that because of the shipping thing, ecrater may not be the best venue for you. I don't have any idea how much more inventory that you have to sell, but you may want to think about your own website where you can arrange the shipping per item depending on where the item is going.

Others may want to chime in, but I am in a family on my husbands side that has produced a lot of truckers and was married to one once, so am in the know a bit more than usual about using big trucks for delivery and how much it is costing these days.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shipping Matrix is the headache in eCrater. It isn't very friendly and it is limited. You can make it work for your store if you know your inventory and shipping methods.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: