eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

inventory control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papasrecordsandcds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: inventory control Reply with quote

I had an instant sale this past Saturday and i had the item listed as 1 available but the inventory wasn't adjust to 0. I had to adjust or remove item manually or someone else might have bought the item and there would not have been any available.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When that happens, don't remove the item, but hide it instead.

Report the situation to eCrater using the contact form, and provide the order number.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have inventory control enabled? Did they pay with cash or MO? If so the inventory doesn't go down, only with e/payments does it change.
papasrecordsandcds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: inventory control Reply with quote

Yes I have it enable. My customer paid with PayPal Express.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you give it a chance to go to zero or were you on the computer and see the sale the instant it came through. I don't use inventory control but I've been told it can take up to 15 minutes for the system to adjust.
papasrecordsandcds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: inventory control Reply with quote

I'm not sure how long i waited but I won't use inventory control anymore because i mostly sell just 1 of a kind anyway and I'll just remove item from listing when sold. Hopefully no one will purchase befor I remove the item.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inventory control doesn't happen until eCrater receives notice from PayPal (or Stripe) regarding a successful payment. If PayPal is slow in notifying eCrater, it will appear the inventory control isn't working. It is working, it's just PayPal being slow. It's my understanding that it never hurts if you change it to 0, OR you could just hide the item. The inventory control working slowly would still be better than no inventory control when a purchase is made soon after you retired for the evening.
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat and SheilaDeesPostcards are exactly right.

yes, than once in a blue moon, you may have someone sneak in second order that you cannot fill due to processing time. I happens on other sites as well, it is part of the financial transaction, not due to the website.

why not leave inventory control enabled and double check it, 99.9% of the time, it is spot on.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@papasrecordsandcds

You say the customer paid with PayPal Express. That should have been very fast. The original PayPal Classic had a window of time that left it wide open for a second buyer to slip in, but that still should have not left the item purchasable after the payment completed.
papasrecordsandcds

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: inventory control Reply with quote

OK
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@papasrecordsandcds, I just realized you said this happened last Saturday which would have been Oct. 25th. There were problems with PayPal last Saturday. In another topic in the eCrater Sellers Only section, PayPal was being discussed last Saturday. Periwinkles said she left her PayPal account, then returned a few minutes later and had received an order in that short time. It took almost 2 1/2 hours before she got the email from PayPal followed by the email from eCrater. Maybe you had the same problem.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: inventory control Reply with quote

papasrecordsandcds wrote:
I had an instant sale this past Saturday and i had the item listed as 1 available but the inventory wasn't adjust to 0. I had to adjust or remove item manually or someone else might have bought the item and there would not have been any available.

When you created the product listing did you fill in the quantity of product available?
If you did not, and "0" is the default quantity when creating listings, eCrater's system interprets that to mean that you have an unlimited supply of that product and the listing will never be hidden by inventory control.

At least, that was the way it was explained in the past.
papasrecordsandcds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: inventory control Reply with quote

Yes everything was filled in properly. The problem must have been the same as periwinkles. Thank you everyone for responding.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: