eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk upload fails as txt tab delimited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modelersparadise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Bulk upload fails as txt tab delimited Reply with quote

I tried several times now without success.

This is a screenshot of the txt file created in Excel saved as tab delimited to import in Ecrater:

and then I get the error message from ecrater:

I must be missing something here....! And I cant figure it out....
Please let me know how to correct that.
Thanks
John
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would strongly suggest you contact eCrater since most of the active members of the forum haven't used the bulk lister feature (self included).

Second, did you mean you were showing a screenshot of the excel file that you saved as a tab delimited file? If the screenshot is the file you submitted, that's probably the problem. A tab delimited txt file looks very different. In your admin section under the requirements for the Bulk Lister there is an example of a tab delimited txt file. Also, did you save the file using UTF-8 encoding? That is a choice when you save your excel file as a tab-delimited txt file.

Third, I don't know if it's causing the problem, but you misspelled the word description. The computer might be kicking out the whole thing because your second label doesn't match the expected label.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if 28 items is the limit of your invenotry, or just the end of page one, but if it is only 28 items, you would probably be better off just manually adding them one at a time so everything about the listing is correct. I dont recall ever seeing an upload where the seller wasn't going to go back to each listing and fix it. Might as well fix it to start with. And yes it is possible to manually list all your items. As Sheila mentioned most of us never used the uploader and we have lots of inventory up and listed.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: