eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello! Do you make sales on Ecrater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessiesstudio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Hello! Do you make sales on Ecrater? Reply with quote

Hi there!

My name is Jessie from Jessie's Studio. I created this account unknowing whether or not I wanted to take the plunge. Well I've logged back on to ecrater today, and I suppose my big question is, do you all make regular sales and see traffic?

Idea

Thanks in advance,

Jessie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do and it's awesome.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessie, you can make sales here if you work at your store. I just looked at your 2 items listed so far. Here's what I see is wrong.

Your titles look like yours are key word spamming. This is frowned upon by search engines and most buyers avoid such listings as they echo counterfeit designer sites. (And I realize you are not a counterfeiter. It is just their tactics.)

Your titles should flow and include color, fabric, size as in small medium, oversize etc, unisex, and handmade if they are. All the synonyms belong in the descriptions.

As it is your two titles are identical except for color. Google will delete these as they look like they are the same listing and google doesn't like duplicates.

Where your descriptions start into the policies, you should put that on the terms page. Having them in the item pages is against eCrater and Google terms and conditions.

In your descriptions you mention that the items are for gifts under $50 yet your two items are both $69.99.

You only accept C O D. Not a good idea to offer that at all. You have the options of PayPal, Stripe, checks and money orders. You can offer all or one but no one is going to buy from you if their only option is C O D. COD costs the buyer a lot of money and if the buyer refuses the package when they find out how much it is costing them, the package comes back to you and you pay the return postage and the COD fees.

I encourage you to list more than two items and more than one style. I can almost guarantee that you will not have sales with so few items for sale. It is too easy for search engines to totally miss them when doing a sweep.

I suggest multiple pictures of the items showing the features you describe: inside, hardware, pockets, etc. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Make your items sound unique in the titles. That will attract search engines and buyers.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1296 sales here. It's a great place. Good luck.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make sales too but I just reopened my store after it was on hold for several months so, It's like starting over from scratch trying to get noticed by the google feeds again after being on hold for that long so right now, my sales are not gonna be too good until google realizes I'm back & active again.

Otherwise, I usually do really good especially during the holidays. However this past year (Jan.-April 2014) before I went on hold the sales were nowhere near as good as they had been in years past & I had over 2,300 items then so with the almost 200 items I have now I may not have a fighting chance.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can get views here. Yes you can get sales (I've had over 4300).

That being said every situation is entirely different so what happens for one seller doesn't necessarily mean another seller will have the same experience. Views and visits to your stores depend entirely on your efforts at promoting your store and there are many threads about how to do that.

This month sales here I have noticed are extremely slow and I don't know why, but I keep listing and promoting.

You didn't ask for any advice, so I won't give any, but I will say that Maggie the cat had some very good things to say to you that you should listen to. You might want to take the time to see how other sellers set up their stores so you can get some ideas of things that work. Also if you don't have anything written in your FAQ you probably shouldn't tell customers to look at them. Wink
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I only see 2 items in your store right now. The more items you list, the greater the chance you have that google will find those listings and place them into the search engine somewhere. It also helps you get seen in the ecrater marketplace more often.

As for sales, for me they have always been good but they do seem to come in trends or waves. I can go 2 weeks without a single sale, then I'll make 2-3 sales a week, then suddenly start getting sales every day. Promotion & constant listing are key but it's also important to make sure you accurately and thoroughly describe your items as buyers cannot see or touch the items in person so, online, highly detailed descriptions are important too.

Get on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and start sharing your listings with others. Blog about your items. If you are going to be selling mostly purses then you could start a fashion blog with trends and tips, and show off some of your purses in that blog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: