eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about order coming from Yahoo store?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artinsilk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Question about order coming from Yahoo store????? Reply with quote

I got an order this morning and it says that it came from Yahoo Store.

I do not have a Yahoo Store. Normally my orders are either marked store Direct or marketplace.

How is that possible?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the order say "Yahoo Store" or does it say "store Yahoo"?

I've had orders say "store Yahoo" which means the shopper came to my store from Yahoo. If you have Google Analytics you will probably see traffic to your store directly from Yahoo/organic which would be the basic Yahoo search engine.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the order because the customer did not pay for it.

I think that i vaguely remember it said store Yahoo ... I have no clue about it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it said 'store Yahoo' and that meant you got an ecrater order through a Yahoo link. I believe I counted it up at one time and there is 9-10 different options for how buyers can get to your store. If they hadn't paid yet, I would not have delted the order, but sent them an email asking if they needed help with paying. Even if they didn't pay ever, I don't delete those orders so that when someone writes the day before Christmas asking where whatever they bought was, it is easy for you to look at your list and tell them the order was never paid for nor did they respond to the email you sent them asking if they needed help. But if you delete the orders, you don't have any knowledge at all about a potential order.

I've had many buyers over the years write me asking where their order was. Once I got the estimated time they bought and what it was, it is easy for me to see that they never bought from me, but figure they did because I have the very item listed that they bought so they must have bought from me. I send them on their way to the ecrater team that can figure out who they bought from and what went wrong.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwhishes you have a good point. I sent the customer an email and waited a few hours and no response from her.

I deleted the order because she did not pay, but also because I do not want her to have the capacity to leave negative feedback.

To keep track of the order, I still have the order email that ecrater sent me, and of course a copy of my email to her in my sent box.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

artinsilk wrote:
Moonwhishes you have a good point. I sent the customer an email and waited a few hours and no response from her.
You waited a few hours??? I find that very strange. I know many people who only check their email once a day and I know some people who check their email even less often. To expect someone to answer in a few hours who doesn't sell online I think is being unrealistic. Now that people receive their email via their smartphones, I suppose they get their mail quicker but not everyone has a smartphone.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What!? Do you only wait few hours? Rolling Eyes
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your loss, you have to figure how lucky you were that they found the item.

Don't freak out at stuff like that, even a non payment is not a bad thing since they might have tried to pay.

Email them back and tell them you got confused and will hope she still wants the item.
Don't say you are sorry, just ask and see what happens.

You should just leave the order a few days or longer then email them, because you can keep it listed, no loss at all.

Oh and, get your mind out of the gutter, er ah I mean ebay ways,

IF ! you want to Razz
artinsilk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Please let me explain... Reply with quote

I never cancel within a few hours... but in this case I was nervous because of the store Yahoo thingy...

Also she ordered 2 things that are almost identical and I would have had to communicate with the customer about that also. When I cannot communicate with a buyer I prefer to move on than block my very low stock in this specific item that I make.

When I deleted. I thought that as soon as I hear from her, I will discuss the details of the 2 items, the shipping, and make a special order listing for her that she can pay for.

By the way it is almost 2 days and I still have not heard from the customer.

Today, after reading the advice here, I decided to send her another email.

A-Better-Way I am not sure what you mean by "get your mind out of the gutter"... I am an artisan and an artist and it is hard for me to do the Internet business without a few glitches. I mean I have to force my brain to figure things out, in other words it is not "me".
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, I just mean gutter as-in thinking like being on ebay and all those rules and non pays and fees you have to retrieve for a non pay.

But unless you been on ebay, none of that gutter stuff applies.

Was just a joke. Smile
artinsilk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: I am laughing too... Reply with quote

That has to be an inside joke. Thank you for enlightening me!

Now, I know what you were referring to.

I sold a few things on ebay years ago, but not my artwork.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buyer CAN NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK IF THEY DON'T PAY!!!!

Ex-ebayers really have a hard time with 'non-paying buyers'. They want to lynch them from the nearest tree, they want to block their emails, they want to do something. Even if it is a 'marketplace' sale, ecrater doesn't collect their fee unless the item is paid for so that there is nothing to be refunded. There is no way to block a buyer from ecrater.

I find that when I write the email to the 'buyer' I not only bring up the paying part, but stating basically that if they need to cancel, okay, and please shop with us again. If that doesn't let customers from ebay thinking that ecrater is a nice lovely place to shop, I don't know what will.

There is no reason to cancel or delete any order from your order list. As I mentioned it helps me if I have to refer back to it. But until paid for, nothing is subtracted from inventory, it isn't put on hold, nothing so your item is still there and available for purchase. So later in the day, someone else can come along and order it and if they pay, you ship it to them and then if the other 'buyer' comes along 3 days later to pay, you have to tell them so sorry. Ecrater is set up for instant purchases not the long protracted procedure that ebay allows. Think about it. Can you go to Amazon and order something and tell them you'll pay in a week or two when you get a paycheck. Hardly. That sale is cancelled and if they were buying from a seller like us, we would never have gotten any order about the 'sale'. So why do we think that we should give people time to pay? Especially at this time of year. First one that pays wins the prize at Christmas and less we forget, we are in the Chritmas buying season.

I am concerned that the person wanted 2 items and you thought you would need to contact them about shipping and something else. Shipping can be set up to handle two items at the same time (at least I think it can with calculated, I know it can with the matrix). Unless they needed something personalized (I think you do that??) you want everything you sale to be able to be sold without buyer input other than their money except for personalization. Anything else like color choices, sizes, etc. needs to have their own listings. Back and forths to customers after a sale just slows things down waiting for the customer to get back to you.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
A buyer CAN NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK IF THEY DON'T PAY!!!!

That deserves clarification. A buyer cannot leave feedback unless they pay electronically. If a buyer pays via a manual paper form, they cannot leave feedback. If a buyer makes an electronic payment, and it is fully refunded (for whatever reason), they can leave feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying. The point I was trying to make being, if someone doesn't pay at all they can't leave feedback so in this instance the OP had nothing to worry about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: