eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

From buyer's point of view, how to find product

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenStoneBazaar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: From buyer's point of view, how to find product Reply with quote

As a potential buyer, I tried to find clothes and shoes.

Browsed category, entered in search within category type of item and size, set filters on the left to New and price range, in search results search terms were ignored. Unlike on on another well known marketplace, there is no possibility to narrow search to long sleeve, material, size, color, absence of pattern.

How buyers are supposed to be able to find anything within reasonable time frame?

I know that this is a seller’s forum and that in case of malfunctions buyer's have to contact Support directly, but is is malfunction or function by design?

Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two remarks ...

The way that the marketplace search works here, is that it searches down from the category you are already positioned at. You have to go to Shoes (or whatever first) to limit the results to just shoes.

The other thing is what data is stored in the body text of the description is not indexed here. The title is indexed (excluding noise words of course). If you need to search within the body text, that requires a bit of a contrived search at Google/organic, and append 'site:ecrater.com' to the search terms.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: From buyer's point of view, how to find product Reply with quote

GoldenStoneBazaar wrote:
As a potential buyer, I tried to find clothes and shoes.

Browsed category, entered in search within category type of item and size, set filters on the left to New and price range, in search results search terms were ignored. Unlike on on another well known marketplace, there is no possibility to narrow search to long sleeve, material, size, color, absence of pattern.

How buyers are supposed to be able to find anything within reasonable time frame?

I know that this is a seller’s forum and that in case of malfunctions buyer's have to contact Support directly, but is is malfunction or function by design?

Thank you.
I understand your frustration trying to search using (or expecting) methods available on other sites. The search here works more like "pre-item specific" searches on eBay. You first have to enter the category and drill down to the category where you expect to find your item. (Clothes & Shoes > Women's Clothing > Shirts, Tops) Once you are in the sub-category, you list all the items in the search box that must be in the title (long sleeve large). Only after you have selected these items can you use the filters to select the price range, new and seller feedback.

Am I saying this is a good system? No, I'm just explaining how it works. This also points up the fact that it is extremely important that ALL important info be listed in the title since eCrater search is by title only. If you are listing a top that has long sleeves in large that should be in the listing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: