eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new to ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
more-stuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: new to ecrater Reply with quote

hi everyone. I am new to ecrater. my store is more-stuff. I try to have something for everyone. I have some things listed and I am going to be putting more items on everyday for awhile. so just keep checking to see if there is something you like.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who can argue with that store name, I like more stuff.

I see a few things, you don't need the "Stripe" just say credit cards maybe name some like Visa etc etc.

The other on your focus in photos.
do this because I think you are trying to do what I was.

I assume you have a tripod and are using the macro function on the camera for close-ups.
But for close ups, use macro, move the camera back 12 or more inches, use the zoom but don't enter into the digitsl super high zoom (i have a red line)

You will be amazed at how clear they end up.
I was originally getting close or just far enough away to have it focus with macro on. but the whole thing of macro is to be far far away from a bumble bee (lol) but still be clear, and doing that will definitely need a tripod.

I see they are clear, but then super close isn't, try it, move away, zoom in, macro, I have a cheap camera and it's just working really good since I found that out.

Set the ISO to the 100 and no camera color correction.

Looks good, keep listing !!!!!

not the real thing huh Smile

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
more-stuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. I will try that.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I too like your name but feel you need to work on your listings, primarily your descriptions. Would you spend $275 on an old dime sold by someone who states they don't know anything about coins? You can learn a lot about your items by researching on the internet. Knowing about your inventory inspires confidence in shoppers.

I don't know anything about coins either but I don't sell them. I only spend them.

By the way, your 1928 necklace wasn't made in 1928. 1928 is the name of a jewelry company. They make reproductions of old designs and are in business today.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome More Stuff.

I hope you do well and are successful here.

Your shop looks like it does have "something for everyone" - like you say in your about page.

Good luck.

If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask.

I am somewhat new on eC myself, but I do find it "easy to use" for the most part.

Once again - WELCOME!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about better photos. Your Kennedy half dollars look like they are made out of copper, but if I remember correctly they are actually silver colored.

Maggie is correct about the 1928 jewelry. I actually have a piece from that series with the roses that was purchased about 25 years ago.

You also have what looks like duplicate listings on your dept 56 stuff. If you have two of something you need to put the quantity at two. If they aren't identical then you need to change the title as googles search engine doesn't like duplicates (last I knew) and worst still you can be suspended here for doing it. You also have one of them in the collectibles category, I think that is where I saw it and didn't know if that was intentional.

I would suggest much better descriptions. Things like coins you can learn about them on line I'm sure, but I know I wouldn't buy anything for $275 that I know nothing about. If you don't know anything about it, then why are you charging so much for it? Even your small cheap items, I would want to see a read description both in the title and the description area.

One tiny mention, is that since you are new, don't expect to make a bundle here for Christmas as it can take awhile for your store to be indexed on the search engines and for people to find you. You may see what looks like lots of hits, but those would be from us checking out your store and the spyders crawling your store at the beginning. If you do make lots of sales, congrats and welcome!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Cute bubbler ornaments. Those were so popular back in the 70's, 80's and they've made a major comeback recently. We've got the kind you plug into the wall like a night light, one in almost every room. Used to have strands of them on the tree too until they found out the old ones got too hot & were catching people's trees on fire. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: