eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why are my USA customers being charged??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With other websites I could set my charges with more flexibility for items over $5 being free. I have no such flexibility with the matrix or calculated. My only option is to just make shipping free for all USA orders. If the item is less than first class with tracking, I'll just use stamps. This would apply to certain trading cards and comics which are lightweight and I'm not expecting much if any margin on those items anyway.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhoenixTreasureEmporium wrote:
With other websites I could set my charges with more flexibility for items over $5 being free.

Do you want to make shipping for order totals of $5 or more to be free ? That might be possible.

ETA: By the way, you are required to ship to all 50 states. One of your items I looked at says ...
Quote:
Please Note: COACHâ„¢ items cannot be shipped to military addresses (APO or FPO) and addresses in Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, Guam or any other locations outside of the continental US.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is against a company's policy to ship outside the continental USA, I will not ship their product outside the continental USA.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except according to eCrater rules, you MUST ship to all 50 states.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard for me to understand why a company refuses to sell to those in Alaska and Hawaii. Depending on how and what you ship, many times the shipping cost is the same. Are you an actual Coach reseller that has promised not to ship to those two destinations? Even so, YOU as the store owner here have to follow ecrater rules which means you may have to close your Coach listings to keep from having your whole store suspended.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhoenixTreasureEmporium wrote:
If it is against a company's policy to ship outside the continental USA, I will not ship their product outside the continental USA.

Erm.. If I am not being too nosy, who is the company that has this policy ?

If you physically hold inventory, then it's none of their business where you are shipping it to. If you are drop shipping inventory that is owned by someone else, then I can see where the problem might come up.

This is really none of my business, I'm just trying to understand who is telling who what they can and can not do.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix, I looked at your store, re-read this thread and gave some thought to what you are wanting to do. I think I may have an answer. If you turn on USPS Calculated shipping and only select International methods of shipping, then the USPS calculated shipping will calculate the shipping for all your international orders. You will need to use the shipping matrix as a backup for the USPS calculated shipping for your international orders.

For your US orders, do not select any domestic shipping. When none is selected, the system is going to look at the shipping matrix. If the rows for the US-mainland, Alaska, and Hawaii are blank, then the system looks to see if you have shipping listed for each item. The checkout system should return the shipping listed with each item for the US. I have not tried this method, but in theory it should work. You would need to check the button for Fixed shipping to: for each item, fill in the shipping amount for each item, AND be sure to add the packaged weight for each item.

I have not used this system, but I think it would work to achieve the desired results.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see I'm not the only one having problems with free shipping not working when using calculated shipping. Why can't eCrater just make the free shipping option override all other methods -- at least for domestic shipping? Fortunately for me, I don't ship internationally so can get away with entering zero for the weight to generate free shipping. That won't work if you're wanting to charge for international shipping.

About those that help, it's great to have forum peeps to offer their assistance, especially since there doesn't seem to be any comprehensive user guide available anywhere. However, making unnecessary, unproductive comments about a person's shop doesn't come across as being helpful -- like about their pricing, for example -- unless they specifically ask for opinions on that topic. I repeatedly see that happening and it comes across as being competitive and derogatory rather than helpful constructive criticism.

I honestly mean no offense by that because I do appreciate the help. It's just that it's really up to a store owner what they wish to price their items at and they shouldn't be publicly judged for it by a fellow shop owner when it doesn't agree with their own line of thinking. While that applies whether or not you sell the same types of items, it most especially applies when you don't because you're not familiar with that product line. It also doesn't matter how you word it -- whether as a "joke" or what have you -- it's simply uncool and "unfunny." It makes one question how helpful you're trying to be and if there's some underlying motive. So, if you're truly trying to help, you're only defeating your own purpose. LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: