eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Troll Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kisasgiftsandtrinkets

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Troll Order Reply with quote

Order #: 3155047
Order Date: 12-26-2014 05:06
Paid Date: n/a
Ship To: Greatest Ever
Ur mom.com
Why u askin, ^^^, Alaska 42157
United States
Email: Poop@turds.com
Phone: 123781990125673427634001
IP Address: 73.176.220.111

ITEMS
Strawberry Shortcake - Fashion Doll and Pet : 1 x $12.95

Just giving people a heads up on a customer that placed an order only to troll.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten a few this year.

Good thing is we at least have their IP's logged, for what it's worth. Just have to ignore them.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kisasgiftsandtrinkets

Those type of orders (without any payment) are only possible if you are taking manual payments, and are not limiting to PayPal Express & Stripe. The combination of those two prevents any orders like these.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't or wouldn't consider those a 'troll' order, but people that may want to see what the total will be before giving up any personal information. since it doesn't affect your sales, no fees, and isn't a problem of any kind, no reason to sweat these sort of things.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Moonwishes. When I am shopping on line and shipping is not up front, I don't fill in my details because I don't want my email or address being circulated to a company or seller who may not be ethical re selling it.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Agree with Moonwishes. When I am shopping on line and shipping is not up front, I don't fill in my details because I don't want my email or address being circulated to a company or seller who may not be ethical re selling it.

OP has a shipping calculator, so this makes no sense.

And, while it may be someone just testing checkout, there is no reason to be an immature jack@ss with the information they used. Troll or not. Rolling Eyes
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:

OP has a shipping calculator, so this makes no sense.

And, while it may be someone just testing checkout, there is no reason to be an immature jack@ss with the information they used. Troll or not. Rolling Eyes

Some people don't notice the shipping calculator and even if they did they have to enter certain info to get the info from the shipping calculator. You'd be surprised how many people really don't know how to read a listing. If the info is not right in front of their noses they don't know to click on anything.

Of course there are people who are drunk or kids fooling around but if that is the worst thing they do I won't call them assholes. They aren't scamming anyone. No harm done. They made it obvious that they weren't serious.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Kisasgiftsandtrinkets ... Thank you for thinking about your fellow eCrater Sellers and sharing the information. Sadly, we've all gotten orders where the buyer was either testing the system, checking the shipping because they missed the shipping calculator, checking the shipping because they wanted more than one items in which case the shipping calculator doesn't work, or they just wanted to mess with the seller. At least they gave information that anyone would realize is a made up.

The important information to remember:
1) If you are using inventory control the item is not removed from inventory until you receive the payment.
2) If there is no money in your PayPal account, you don't have an order, just a request.
3) If all the information is false, you don't even have a request.
4) If you switch from PayPal Standard to PayPal Express Checkout, you'll never see a PayPal order unless the customer pays.
5) If the customer is buying multiple items, there is currently no way to check the shipping without going part way through the checkout system.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not offense. I believe in eCrater is stupid just call 1 order a "Troll" order. Now if you get one daily with similar non-sense information. It is a "Troll" order.

I love eCrater. Any non-sense stupid order is easy to deal. It is ignore and erase. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: