eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater cart - PayPal checkout button not going to PayPal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: eCrater cart - PayPal checkout button not going to PayPal Reply with quote

I am at a loss and hoping someone has some advice.

Setting up my husband's new store...or trying to. Shipping matrix is really confusing but think I got it solved. Maybe....havent been able to test if adding shipping for each item yet but this is another issue. Had some issues at first (express checkout disabled) but upgraded to the PayPal business account and solved that....but NOW once you hit the "Check out with PayPal" button, the shopping cart never proceeds to goto PayPal to check out. I can see the eCrater page trying to redirect to PayPal at the very bottom of my page, but the operation seems to time out after several seconds and I stay parked on my checkout page. I have the PayPal Express Checkout selected....the correct email address linked to PayPal is listed. I called PayPal thinking it was an issue with something there but they said that my API on eCrater is not correct. I don't see anywhere on eCrater to address that information. On PayPal, I currently have the "Accept PayPal payments before API credentials or permissions are set up" selected.

Honestly I dont know what else to do or where to look. I've spent hours on this. I have my own website set up and it was cake to set up compared to this. Very frustrated and about to look for an online store elsewhere but hate to leave and lose all the hours spent here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Community.

A few comments .... First, your store is still using the old layout. This may not be involved with these issues, but you should be aware of this. I'm not seeing any obvious problem with the checkout. I added something to a cart, clicked on the PayPal checkout, and was taken to the correct screen. I'm not going to log in to PayPal to take it any further.

All I can suggest is, you may want to try flushing all your eCrater cookies, and your browser cache, then try it again. Maybe even try a different browser. I'm using Firefox for this test.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cosmicray....when you say old layout...where is the new layout? My husband initiated the store and got stuck on the shipping and handed it to me. If there is a new/better way I'd rather do it that way!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater and to the forum.

I placed an item in the cart, proceeded to checkout, clicked on PayPal button and was immediately redirected to the PayPal page to either enter my account information or credit card information. Everything appeared to be working normal.

Either your computer is pulling an old page or PayPal was "having a moment" and not connecting. PayPal customer service didn't see a major problem on their end (which seems to be the new normal) so they blamed any and everything but PayPal. Rolling Eyes It appeared to me that you have everything related to your PayPal payment system set and working.

While looking at your store to help with your question, I couldn't help but notice your item titles. Your title is the primary way the search engines will find your items. The search engine in your store and on the eCrater marketplace are both title only searches. You have up to 100 characters/spaces available for your title. It's to your advantage to use as many words as possible that customer's would use to look for your products.

When you start filling out your text pages (FAQ, About, Terms, etc.) it's good to keep in mind that search engines will search these pages. They are a good place to add keywords in your text that will help with being found by the search engines.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryNomad--I agree very much with Sheila, You have to have real titles not just a number otherwise you will never be found here.

It sounds like the PP portion of your store is working, but just remember that you as the store owner are not allowed to do a complete check out from your store. It is against ecrater terms. Have you signed up for Stripe as well. Stripe has been working pretty well. I don't even take PP for the most part anymore. Once you have done all the things others have mentioned, you could have a friend check out for you to see if it works (but not using your computer or IP address). Just be sure they are used to buying on line so they are past newbie panic.

I know you didn't ask for advice about your store in general, but what do those heads go to? Are they for a game or just modeling, etc? Since sometimes kids can convince parents and grandmas to go buy things for them on line, granny is going to want to be sure she is buying the right thing so the model number, the characters name and the game or whatever they came from is essential to all your listings. And for curious people like me.Very Happy

As to the old store showing. I have deliberately left my store in the old format for my actual store as I don't like the new one. However all stores have the new format on the ecrater marketplace, so you can go there to see your store in the new format and decide if you want to change or not. I don't like the way the new format, on a listing page, always seems to be running into the sides of the monitor. I keep feeling like I'm missing something. Very Happy
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree he needs different titles....the items are "shrunk" heads that he created for collectors/customizers to paint and create customized action figures. He makes molds, uses chemicals to shrink them, etc. There is a whole segment of people who collect and put together this stuff. Anyways he was mainly trying to get the store up and running so a few people would see....then we were going work on everything else.

So - I looked at everything in the Marketplace.....the site looks so much better!! How can you get the regular website to look like that? I asked him where he went to set it up he just said ecrater.com.

Also - is there a back end way to check if your cart is behaving properly? I hate to ask a friend if my cart is working.....I still havent been able to check if my shipping matrix is set up right. I dont want people trying to check out and they are getting charged shipping for each item. I dont know how to check that on the back end....or if there is a way to do so since eCrater seemingly doesnt allow going through the checkout.

**edited to say thank you to those who went to the cart. I'd just like to see everything myself if possible.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"**edited to say thank you to those who went to the cart. I'd just like to see everything myself if possible."

Test mine with a huge order all paid and everything, test away Razz

There is one thing that others know, has something to do with using the matrix and calculated shipping. Something like, one trumps the other, not sure what is what there since I pretty much only use fixed shipping (free shipping)

I think you might want to put a chart with a ruler since I don't know how big or small they are, I don't know scale. Maybe even separate them by scale and use a ruler for one picture so people get the idea of the size much quicker.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he will only be selling heads..the matrix is the way to go. Just make the numbers correlate to the numbers of heads bought. Then you put in the amount to ship them under that number, and on the items, use "weight dependable" and put 1 as the weight. easy-peasy Cool
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry-Nomadcustoms wrote:
Oh I agree he needs different titles....the items are "shrunk" heads that he created for collectors/customizers to paint and create customized action figures. He makes molds, uses chemicals to shrink them, etc. There is a whole segment of people who collect and put together this stuff. Anyways he was mainly trying to get the store up and running so a few people would see....then we were going work on everything else. Thanks for explaining because I was curious also.

So - I looked at everything in the Marketplace.....the site looks so much better!! How can you get the regular website to look like that? I asked him where he went to set it up he just said ecrater.com. When you log into your store admin, look on the side for Texts & Colors > Color Templates. There you will see all the options that are available. We can't pick & choose "our own combination", but we can select from all the ones presented.

Also - is there a back end way to check if your cart is behaving properly? I hate to ask a friend if my cart is working.....I still havent been able to check if my shipping matrix is set up right. I dont want people trying to check out and they are getting charged shipping for each item. I dont know how to check that on the back end....or if there is a way to do so since eCrater seemingly doesnt allow going through the checkout. No, there is no official back end way to check.

**edited to say thank you to those who went to the cart. I'd just like to see everything myself if possible.
I have a PayPal account that isn't currently in use (I don't have a balance and the credit card/bank accounts are not active.) I added a quantity of 1 M1, C3, and M20 to the cart, went to PayPal and signed into my account, returned to your store and was shown total shipping charge of $5.25. I did not click submit. You will not receive an order notice and the items will not be removed from inventory because you are using PayPal Express and nothing happens until eCrater received a completed notice from PayPal. By not clicking submit, the sale was not completed. The problem with completing checkout on your own store is not a violation of eCrater, it's a violation of your PayPal account. It's seen as trying to get a cash advance from your credit card and it violates both PayPal & your credit card terms of service.

You might be interested in the written directions for eCrater store set-up. Go to www.ecrater.com and click on FAQ (tab at the top of the screen) -> Selling -> Is there a full tutorial for the Administrative Tool? You'll be able to either view the tutorial or download a copy. It is provided in .docx and .doc format.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila thank you for checking but now Im really confused!!!! I just had two friends in different states go through the motions of checking out and they said once they logged into PayPal the cart went blank and it redirected them back to the site homepage (I have it set to do this) with nothing in the cart. They do not know each other but both had the same outcome....and you had a good outcome. Now why were you able to log in and recreate a sale and they were not!?! This is very frustrating!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry-Nomadcustoms wrote:
Sheila thank you for checking but now Im really confused!!!! I just had two friends in different states go through the motions of checking out and they said once they logged into PayPal the cart went blank and it redirected them back to the site homepage (I have it set to do this) with nothing in the cart. They do not know each other but both had the same outcome....and you had a good outcome. Now why were you able to log in and recreate a sale and they were not!?! This is very frustrating!!
I have no answers for what went wrong for your friends. I just tried again and got exactly the same results I received the first time. I am using Firefox (as was CosmicRay) so maybe different browsers act differently. I'm just guessing because I don't know what's happening.

I do know that I use PayPal Express in all my eCrater stores and have had no problems. I checked my PayPal seller preferences for Website Payment Preference and the Auto Return is set for OFF. I really don't remember making any choice on this page so that may have been the default. I do know that eCrater handles the transfer. It's not like we own the website, it's eCrater's programming. Also, after the buyer signs into their PayPal account and clicks continue they should be returned to your checkout cart (that's the way eCrater has it programmed.) When they return to your checkout cart they have the chance to review their order, review the shipping and sales tax, and the total. Then they must click on the Submit button for the order to process.

If it continues to be a problem, go to the home page (www.ecrater.com) and send a message via the contact button (lower right). Tell eCrater CS what you've done, PayPal choice you've made for the Website Payment Preference, what I found when I used the checkout cart and what your friends saw. You will get a reply from a staff person, but they are a very small staff and it may take many hours before you get a reply.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Welcome to the Community.

A few comments .... First, your store is still using the old layout. This may not be involved with these issues, but you should be aware of this. I'm not seeing any obvious problem with the checkout. I added something to a cart, clicked on the PayPal checkout, and was taken to the correct screen. I'm not going to log in to PayPal to take it any further.

Ok....I think the layout IS connected. I searched for one of his items through the marketplace....was directed to the pretty layout. Tried to replicate an order with my own (different paypal acct/email) and WAS able to put it in the cart and get it directed to paypal to check out. I asked him where he signed up with the account he doesnt know....how do we get our store/site on the NEW looking eCrater that seems to be an issue somehow.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add that someone directed me to the templates the template we have is selected from where that person said to go from the admin screen.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both formats are in the "color templates". New one near the top.....older version at the bottom
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your store has similar items for sale. The Matrix is the key. It is just dedicate some serious minutes to resolve the issue. You can spent hours trying to figure stuff in eCrater. But as I said before you need to spent "serious" time in the site. It isn't the same waste 10 minutes looking around than use 10 minutes to learn how works a feature.

About the PayPal checkout. If you have the correct e-mail and the S&H correctly set. Everything must work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: