eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater cart - PayPal checkout button not going to PayPal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just selling those heads, the matrix is your best and easiest bet. While some despair of ever getting it straight, for those of us that sell things that are all similar in size and weight the matrix is the way to go!!! Very Happy That is all I have ever used here and it has calculated my combined shipping easily.

You are already planning on shipping via Priority if I remember correctly. What type of Priority packaging where you going to use? The flat weight packaging is your best bet if you can safely package one or more heads in it without them being smashed in the mail. Of course if the heads weigh significantly less than 13 ounces you may want to consider first class mail instead. If your appropriate packaging won't shove the weight over 13 oz which is where first class mail turns into Priority. But the postage for FCM is around half or less of Priority. If you can decide about the shipping container and its weight, etc., I can coach you on the matrix. I'm on my laptop without all my regular links so I'm not positive what all the Priority packaging is that is flat rate for smaller items. I know at one point they had a flat rate box that would hold 6 or more of those heads if they are as small as they look in the pictures. If so then you want to be able to combine shipping so that up to 6 heads can be purchased for the same rate as an example. Just give me a holler when you have the basics figured out and I can help when I get a break
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry-Nomadcustoms wrote:
Ok....I think the layout IS connected. I searched for one of his items through the marketplace....was directed to the pretty layout. Tried to replicate an order with my own (different paypal acct/email) and WAS able to put it in the cart and get it directed to paypal to check out. I asked him where he signed up with the account he doesnt know....how do we get our store/site on the NEW looking eCrater that seems to be an issue somehow.
The layout is NOT the problem. I've had no problem using PayPal Express in any of my 4 eCrater stores and they all use the old format. I think I MAY have figured out the problem your friends had. When they went to PayPal and signed into their account, there is a button at the lower part of the screen, Continue, which should return the buyer to your checkout cart on eCrater. If they simply closed the PayPal window, it closes the tab in my browser so I have to go back to the store. Since buyers do not register on eCrater, they would find the cart empty when they went to checkout.

Also, if your friends have their browsers set to "not store cookies", when they left PayPal in an unexpected way, they may get the results described.

Since you got the same results I got, I'm thinking your cart is working just fine and the problem was with the friends trying to test the system without actually placing an order. Just remember, there is no problem (when using PayPal EXPRESS) unless you click SUBMIT after you are returned from PayPal. (Different answer for PayPal Standard for others reading this topic.)
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Angry-Nomadcustoms

Why don't you tell us which payment methods are enabled, and which are disabled.

There are some subtle interactions between certain methods.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies this week. I ended up asking 5 different personal friends (no one related to the heads my husband makes) located all across the country to try and make a purchase through the site. Only one person was able to get it to direct to PayPal like it was supposed to. We finally decided to go another route and are populating that store now. I did not know that prior to me posting this on the forum my husband DID send a question to the admins through the site and to this day no one has gotten back to him. He is currently working three separate commission sales though email and FB which is frustrating because we spent so much time populating the eCrater site but if we can't get it to work for everyone....and we don't know why.....and can't find out why well moving on so people can commission him through his store or buy items there. We need a store that works and is easy for the customer.

I am more frustrated at why it won't work more than anything else and especially frustrated because I spent all that time figuring out how to do the matrix and I think it works correctly. Oh well. For a free site I guess you get free (no) service other than the fine community here.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
@Angry-Nomadcustoms

Why don't you tell us which payment methods are enabled, and which are disabled.

The only payment methods enabled were PayPal Express pay. I also spent time on the phone with Pay Pal to no avail.
Angry-Nomadcustoms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Ok....I think the layout IS connected. I searched for one of his items through the marketplace....was directed to the pretty layout. Tried to replicate an order with my own (different paypal acct/email) and WAS able to put it in the cart and get it directed to paypal to check out. I asked him where he signed up with the account he doesnt know....how do we get our store/site on the NEW looking eCrater that seems to be an issue somehow.
The layout is NOT the problem. I've had no problem using PayPal Express in any of my 4 eCrater stores and they all use the old format. I think I MAY have figured out the problem your friends had. When they went to PayPal and signed into their account, there is a button at the lower part of the screen, Continue, which should return the buyer to your checkout cart on eCrater. If they simply closed the PayPal window, it closes the tab in my browser so I have to go back to the store. Since buyers do not register on eCrater, they would find the cart empty when they went to checkout.

Also, if your friends have their browsers set to "not store cookies", when they left PayPal in an unexpected way, they may get the results described.

Since you got the same results I got, I'm thinking your cart is working just fine and the problem was with the friends trying to test the system without actually placing an order. Just remember, there is no problem (when using PayPal EXPRESS) unless you click SUBMIT after you are returned from PayPal. (Different answer for PayPal Standard for others reading this topic.)

The new set of friends only one got it to go to PayPal. I need something that takes them to PayPal every time without me having to tell a customer to do something to their computer. It needs to work anytime, all the time without causing frustration to my customer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point, your best bet would be to check with the ecrater team to have them see if something is wrong. I've never heard of someone signing up and not being able to access PP for payments.

Do you have Stripe enabled? If so does it seem to be working correctly?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
@Angry-Nomadcustoms

The only payment methods enabled were PayPal Express pay. I also spent time on the phone with Pay Pal to no avail.

Try turning on PayPal classic/standard. See if that changes the symptoms.

Pay very special attention to what I mentioned (above) about interactions between different payment methods. They do exist, as I discovered when I was trying solve a problem involving shipping addresses. There is no clear explanation why these interactions exist, but they do (and they appear to extend beyond PayPal to Stripe).

You may even want to open a Stripe account, and turn on all 3 electronic payment methods. If the problem persists, you can probably take the view that something is odd about how your PayPal account is configured.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of this problem till now.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies this week. I ended up asking 5 different personal friends (no one related to the heads my husband makes) located all across the country to try and make a purchase through the site. Only one person was able to get it to direct to PayPal like it was supposed to. We finally decided to go another route and are populating that store now. I did not know that prior to me posting this on the forum my husband DID send a question to the admins through the site and to this day no one has gotten back to him. He is currently working three separate commission sales though email and FB which is frustrating because we spent so much time populating the eCrater site but if we can't get it to work for everyone....and we don't know why.....and can't find out why well moving on so people can commission him through his store or buy items there. We need a store that works and is easy for the customer.

I am more frustrated at why it won't work more than anything else and especially frustrated because I spent all that time figuring out how to do the matrix and I think it works correctly. Oh well. For a free site I guess you get free (no) service other than the fine community here.

The new set of friends only one got it to go to PayPal. I need something that takes them to PayPal every time without me having to tell a customer to do something to their computer. It needs to work anytime, all the time without causing frustration to my customer.

Thank you so much for posting the additional information. I'm really puzzled why only 1 person out of 5 was able to click on the "Checkout with PayPal" button and reach PayPal.

This really concerns me because there has been a slow down of sales on the site in general. I think the changes made by Google had a major affect considering the percentage of the public that uses Google as their search engine. On another topic, sellers have been brainstorming to try to come up with ideas on increasing traffic to the site. Unless the customer contacts us, we don't know when a customer attempts to use PayPal Express and the cart doesn't take them to PayPal. If we have Stripe active, the hope is that they would use Stripe. If they simply go away, we don't know. Could this be a reason our sales are down? Is it possible that all 4 of your friends tried to use PayPal at a time when PayPal had a downtime glitch? (which it does from time to time)

I'm also amazed that your husband sent a question to the admins before you posted in the forum (01/06) and you still have not gotten a reply. Sometimes it may take a number of hours but NEVER have I known it to take more than 24 hours for a reply. The reply will often come from the address questions @ ecrater.com. Is it possible you received an answer that went to your Spam folder? Also, if he selected the "subject" as Other, the reply may have come from a first name with the subject being "re: other". Maybe he didn't realize it was an answer from eCrater. The owner of the site sometimes answers the emails himself and I think that is both wonderful and unusual.

I'm sorry you felt you had to move his shop to another site. I have tested the checkout system on your husband's site several times using both my PayPal account and a credit card and I've never failed to be returned to the eCrater checkout page to review and submit the order. (Since I have no need for shrunken heads, I haven't submitted an order.) Without knowing the problem your 4 friends had and without being able to create the same error, it will be really hard to understand the problem. You might want to keep the site open and just use PayPal Standard or add Stripe in addition to PayPal Express. Personally, I have all 3 active in my stores.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely create new titles. Buyers would never think to search for M3 or L5. They will search for shrunken head or action figure head or paintable figures, etc. and if you don't have those keywords in your titles, you will never be found unless someone accidentally finds your product while browsing the marketplace.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Angry-Nomadcustoms

Of the 3 orders I shipped today, 2 came with payment from PayPal and 1 from Stripe. So it is working for some people, but no way of knowing how many might be unable to complete.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angry-Nomadcustoms,

We are unable to reproduce the issue, Your PayPal Express Checkout button is working as expected on both desktop and mobile devices.

Please check if you still experiencing the issue and let us know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: