eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

All this pain and finally...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: All this pain and finally... Reply with quote

...my doctor found a diagnosis. I've been in moderate to severe pain for the last 37 months. Nothing helps like Advil, Aleve, Tylenol, Naproxen. Those are about as good as eating a cupcake for relieving my pain. Sometimes I do have good days where I can still move around without complete discomfort but, after 3 years of dealing with crappy doctors in Kentucky telling me I was full of poo and to go home because nothing was wrong with me, a doctor in W. Virginia finally diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I can sleep 14 hours & I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all.

Flash forward to today. Get my blood test results back. Doctor also says I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, a severe Vitamin D dificiency, a severe Calcium dificiency, low triglycerides (lower than they should be), and an amino acid dificiency. No wonder I'm in so much pain all the time. I could wring the doctor's necks in KY. Telling me I was a hypochondriac & making me suffer all this time when in fact, there really was something wrong with me.

I had 7 blood tests in done in KY by multiple doctors & they all said they looked just fine. All it took was 3 visits to my new doc in WV and he figured out all of this immediately & said my blood work was not normal & that any doctor with good training would've spotted that right away. I hate the diagnosis but glad I finally found out what was wrong. Maybe now I can get some relief? Wonder what all I can do to relieve symptoms until I go back to see my doc in a few weeks for a treatment plan?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if things couldn't get any worse...they just did. My father is on his way to the emergency room with severe chest pain and he is incoherent. He has a very high pain tolerance so he does not go to the hospital unless something is seriously wrong so, I'm gonna worry myself sick all night.
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that! Everything will workout well.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has suffered with Fibromyalgia for 30 years, don't get too excited by your new doctor's treatment plan. You can remove all chemical food additives from your diet, i.e. eat natural organic only, try going gluten free (a lot of gluten in your diet can worsen inflammation in your joints), but in the long run you will be on your own. Most doctors accept the FM/CFS diagnosis in word only. They still will treat you like a hypochondriac. They won't even order the tests that might hold a clue.

Good luck. If you find anything that works, please share as you are not the only eCRATER seller with the problem.

Hope your father is going to be okay.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies! My father is stable & should be coming home today. I shared my story hoping someone would have some tips for me because I thought I heard a few other women here say they had FMS or RA? Spoke to several other women & they said just what you said Maggie. Take it one day at a time & learn to treat yourself because many doctors treat FMS like it's a fake psychologically created disorder.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no cure
No drug
Some docs will tell you medical marijuana will help with the pain

Let me know if you find something that makes you feel better ALL DAY

My vitamin D levels have always been extremely low mainly since I'm allergic to the sun and borderline lupus. I take 10,000 to 20,000 IUN a day.
For the pain ... I just suffer through it
Even though medical marijuana and marijuana is totally legal here snd canbe purchased on just about every block! It's not my thing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's what I was afraid of. Knew there was no cure but everyone says there is hardly anything that relieves the pain. I'm an advanced herbologist & love to study natural remedies so, I'll start throwing together some cocktails & see if I can find something to offer even just a small amount of relief. Probably won't but if I do, I'll let you all know.

I lived in California for a year & medical marijuana was legal there. I had a medical card for it & that entire year while I was using it, was actually the only time I was able to get up & move around with very little pain. When I moved back to OH/WV area, I had to stop because it's not legal here & the pain is worse than ever. They were voting on legalizing it in both OH & WV back in Nov. but I never heard anything about it so it probably didn't pass.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is go get a bottle of bioflavonoids (it's the white stuff inside orange peels and others, like grapefruit and lemon)

If you take vitamin D make sure !!! you take BOTH magnesium AND calcium, all 3 work together so your body can use the D to regulate the absorption. Too much calcium your bones turn to a chalk, too much magnesium they turn glass-like. The vitamin D regulates that among many other things.

I guess that RA is your own body attacking itself, but beware about taking any of the drugs that use the same principal of anti depressants, it's all very bad since it manipulates the nerve endings chemicals. when you stop taking them the nerves over react and is really hard to get back to normal.
They may be for pain however it affects EVERY nerve ending, everyone, hence "side effects"
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone - well via a forum I've been a part of since like 2000 - that knows all about the natural stuff. She got a blog for years
Unfortunately I can't recall her name or the blog link
I'll see if I can find it
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've read that without calcium your body can't absorb vitamin D which makes sense. I have a calcium deficiency so of course, my body can't absorb the vitamin D. Gonna see if I can find a supplement to take. All the foods you need to get vitamin D I hate like mushrooms, beef liver, salmon, and milk. Yuck! Other option is sunlight but I'm half Native American so when I go outside, even for just one 40 minute period I turn so dark people think I'm Hispanic.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure developing more pigment IS the way to absorb more vitamin D.

it's the other way around, you can't absorb calcium because of low D, and without magnesium the balance is off between the two minerals and you need the d to regulate the absorption of both.

You do know that, Vitamin D is NOT around to be taken it's not in minerals, or plants, there is no source for it. It has to be created in some biological being such as an animal or person or fish. but there is no D on earth.

The most natural form is in fish liver oil. (vitamin D1) and is the best in my opinion.

The way they make it is they run some kind of oil past an ultraviolet light an it gets converted into D.

if you take d you will absorb it or in the sun, or you would have been dead long ago.
just get some freegin pills and take one a day, starting at 800 iu. and a bottle of magnesium, calcium and zinc combined those are really cheap.

then get back to listing loL Idea Idea Idea
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have been listing away regardless! Added over 50 items in the last 3 days. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: