eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Combined Shipping SCAM

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rarejewels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Combined Shipping SCAM Reply with quote

Just want to warn everyone of a recent problem I had with a buyer on another site.

The buyer purchased multiple products from me. I gave them combined shipping to help save them money.

Package was sent out with only 1 tracking number.

I sent paypal a invoice with all the items as well as the email where I had a discussion with the customer letting them know I would give them combined shipping on the products.

Customer sent in a claim to paypal stating that they did not get nothing but 1 product. No matter what proof you have Paypal will reimburse the buyer cheating the seller out of their money.

This has not just happened to me, but to several sellers on Etsy, where they have been having the same problem.

As much as I would like to accommodate the customer: because of this happening to me I will now only ship items separately. It is more costly but in the end it saves me a great deal of money.

So please beware everyone!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanx for the heads up. I combine purchases all the time. That is horrendous.

Here is a little suggestion tho, I put them in a "reserved" listing (over there in Etsy) enumerating all the items. It helps to avoid those type of issues.

Truly, I am sorry this happened to you.
rarejewels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately nothing helps.

People on Etsy are going through the same issues.

And now that eBay owns paypal you can forget it. Ebay gives Buyers a money back guarantee!!!! They will deduct that money from your account in a heart beat!!!! Shipping Cost included.

So this is a TOTAL WIN WIN for the Customer!!!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the ebay money back guarantee thing has me worried. I read more into that new policy yesterday on their site & it says "If the seller asks you to return the items, please do so immediately" which lets buyers believe that many sellers don't ask for the items back & makes me wonder that even if you say no returns & there are absolutely no problems with the items (no damage, nothing missing, right products were sent), if the buyer still wants to return them just because of buyers remorse, will ebay still take your money? Because I know they don't wait for the buyer to return the items first, they take your money & refund the buyer first if any complaints are filed.

Never happened to me, but I know other sellers who have had this issue as well. Be nice if ebay would require buyer to get a tracking number to prove the items were returned first, before they refund them.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate Topic

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Lounge
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: