eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal alternatives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valueformoney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Paypal alternatives Reply with quote

I have had enough of Paypal after their arrogant and self rightous manner and so I am looking for payment alternatives. I am sure I am not alone in this respect. I am only happy that I have seen their true colours at such an early stage of being linked to them or else I am sure they could really have caused me HUGE problems in the future.
I live outside The US so the other Ecrater payment options listed on the payment section are unavailable to me. I would still like to use Ecrater as I have already had good feedback and encouraging early results.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't really want to change to another website unless I have too.

Comments appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal alternatives Reply with quote

Valueformoney wrote:
I am looking for payment alternatives. I am sure I am not alone in this respect

You're not. But eCrater offers a limited number of payment options, mostly for US sellers. And more than a year after the discontinuation of Google Checkout/Wallet, eCrater has not announced its intention to offer any other electronic payment options besides Stripe.

Valueformoney wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Might be worthwhile to read eCrater's Terms.

Under 4.4 Content requirements: "Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported by eCRATER"
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your default store is UK, but your about box says you are located in Shanghai, China.

I'm guessing that Stripe is unavailable to you, so you need to make happy with PayPal (because that is basically all you have to work with).
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually had a problem with PayPal or are you just scared off by the horror stories. I've had accounts with PP for many years and have never had a problem.....however I am not shipping from China which is probably the reason most Chinese sellers get in Dutch with PP. Some of them do not make it clear how long it will take for an item to arrive.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone have any suggestions?

PayPal
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you using a UK store when you are located in China? That is very misleading as people will see that you are located in the UK. I guess it is one way of getting around the people that refuse to buy Chinese goods. Not sure if this is in line with eCRATER rules though.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since 99.9% of Chinese sellers offer products that break within a week after you buy them, no wonder you're scared of Paypal. But currently, they are the only option for non U.S. sellers.

The one & only time my mother ordered some wholesale products for me from China I received a lot of fake knock-off My Little Ponies. They were not made by Hasbro, the Hasbro stamp was missing & they put the wrong cutie marks on some of the ponies which I immediately noticed because I am a pro when it comes to My Little Pony stuff, plus the paint was peeled and chipped on 7 out of 12 ponies. I had to get Paypal to give her a refund because the seller refused to. My mother did not know the difference, if she would've shown me the photos before she ordered, I would've told her they were fakes.

But I could not sell non-authentic My Little Pony's online. Other collectors would notice the flaws too & the peeling paint could've been a toxic hazard to a small child. She also got me a lot of 24 Pokemon figure sets & all but 2 of those had chipped paint too.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of Chinese companies that sell quality items. To bunch them all together is just bad. I would guess a lot of the products in you home came from China...as did I Smile
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
I would guess a lot of the products in you home came from China

Yes, true, but only because the U.S. stopped manufacturing a lot of items over here to save money on production costs, resulting in the loss of jobs or lay offs and decreased wages for our citizens over here. That doesn't seem right. I'm sure there are good made products out there but so far, I have had bad experiences with those items & the sellers I've dealt with online refuse to issue refunds for SNAD.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic...
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
There are a lot of Chinese companies that sell quality items. To bunch them all together is just bad.

+1
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have bought a lot from Chinese manufacturers with almost no problems. But I do a lot of research first. Even US products can be bad on occasion.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only point in my post above is that some if they had a choice would prefer buying from the UK or the US or Iceland for that matter rather than China so having the shipping say it is coming from the UK is misleading when the seller stated in their TOS and About us that they were in and working in China and the items shipped from there but not on the individual listings. I would have thought that anyone other than in the UK or AU would have to have a US store no matter where else they are located, but I could be wrong about that since I've never had to check that out.

Many union employees in the US prefer to buy US made items even if they are more expensive.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: