eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Aloha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aunty-Lei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Aloha Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello to the eCRATER community. I am slowly building my site. When you have time come check me out. If there is anything you need from Hawaii, let me know. I will try to locate for you. My email is packtaco@yahoo.om

Mahalo,
Aunty-Lei
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Very Happy
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Auntie.

I wish you much success on eCrater.

The store is coming along just fine. You shouldn't have any problems.

See you around the forums.
Aunty-Lei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Aunty-Lei
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater! Wish you many sales to come. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. My first thought was if you carried macadamia nuts and how much they are. Rather pricey out here in the east but I love them in chocolate chip cookies. Not only pricey but they only seem to come in tiny jars.

I would focus as much as possible on unique to the islands items. Not sure how many sellers we might have here from HI, but I would suspect you have lots of things that we can't conveniently get.

I'm too sleepy so I can't remember if I saw it, but I know shipping from here to there can sometimes take a bit extra time and you want to be sure your buyers understand that shipping from HI to the rest of the US might be a bit longer as well. Assuming that it does take longer. I wouldn't know as I've never been there. You lucky duck it is around 6 degrees out right now with a wind chill factor of around -15 degrees. I could use a little HI weather!!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. I enjoyed browsing your Hawaiian Products category. It looks like you are off to a good start.

A few problems really caught my attention. You didn't ask for suggestions, but a few things really jumped out at me. I did want to mention that we must state the shipping for every location we add to our shipping zone. Currently you have free shipping to AU and UK for all your HI products, but your terms of service implies there will be shipping charges for international orders. You can't charge the customer after they complete the purchase. You really need to either turn on USPS calculated shipping for international only, or fill out the shipping matrix for AU and UK, or remove international shipping from your shipping zones.

Also, your terms state shipping is included in the cost of the item, but you are charging shipping for some of your items. You probably should say shipping is included for MOST items. And I was curious why it cost less to ship your lotion to HI than to the other 49 states. Was this a mistake or do you give a discount to your fellow Hawaiians? I also thought you might have to use different packaging for local vs. mainland & AK.

If you have your bracelets and earrings in different colors, you should create additional listing to show other color combinations. It would also be a good idea to mention the metal used for the earrings if known. I know some people can only wear earrings with certain types of wires or posts and don't buy if the metal isn't stated.

When I saw your playing cards I looked at the title, then photos and was puzzled why you didn't mention there were 2 packs of cards. Then I read your description and realized you were only selling one deck of cards. You really need a separate listing for the two types of cards and I would recommend a separate listing for each color. Customers want to click, pay and wait for their stuff. And they expect to get what they see in the picture. How you run your store is your business, but you will save yourself a lot of grief by having additional listings.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, if you have a listing for each color..that is that many more chances of people finding you!!
rarejewels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There!

I am new here as well.

Think your shop looks GREAT!

Wishing you much success.

Rare Jewel's
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've already seen many cute listings for Aunty Lei in the marketplace. You have some nice and unique products so as others mentioned, it may be a good idea to sell mostly Hawaiin only items. We can't get that stuff over here on the mainland, we can usually only get cheap knock offs from truck stops.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aunty Lei, I noticed you have several dozen listings for prism sticker packs in the crafts category. You have them all listed as rare and vintage. Don't know if you are intentionally trying to mislead people or you just didn't know because you didn't see any other sellers with the same stickers, but those stickers are not rare. They are made by Oriental trading company (OTC) a company that sells mass produced party supplies and novelty toys. You can buy every single one of those packs you have listed by the dozen or in a gross of 144 packs so they are nothing close to being rare. And if they were rare, you also would not have 4 or 5 packs of every design.

Thousands of those packs have been produced by that company. The packs you have may be older from the 70s or 80s as OTC has been around since 1932 but they continue to make those exact same sticker designs still today.

Here is a listing on their website for a large wholesale lot of the stickers you have listed as rare and vintage, with a date on the photo marked 2015.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/prism-sticker-assortment-a2-5_445.fltr

Not trying to be mean, just letting you know. I'm an avid sticker collector. Someone else who is a collector may get upset if they buy a pack & find they are not rare.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

This listing: http://aunty-lei.ecrater.com/p/21833629/hawaiian-coarse-sea-salt-with-lauhala

You call it coarse sea salt but in the description you suggest dribbling it on. I don't think of adding salt by dribbling unless it is liquefied in some way. Not sure what you meant but I think you need to clarify it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprinkle would be a better word for using sea salt perhaps.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't talking about the Sandy Lion or Hambly sticker packs, the ones with the pink paint splatter packages that have rare vintage prism sticker in the title.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: