eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicyardrecords

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi all new kid in the block
Iam new to ecrater i just started my music store i hope to get some tips from the pros in this site.Any good tips will be appreciated.

Music Yard Records
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater. A few recommendations. Fill out your FAQs page, even if you just copy & paste the info from your terms page, having something on that page that addresses specific questions, is more reassuring to buyers.

Also, for your cds. You need to list what the item is, in the title. Don't just put the name of the band and the album name, put something like "music cd" at the end. Many buyers will be searching for the keyword "cd or music". Not all buyers find your items by just accidentally spotting them in the marketplace, many items are found by using the ecrater search engine. It's obvious those items are CDs, but you'd be surprised how many buyers DO NOT even look at the photos for more than 2 seconds & would buy your cd, then get mad because they thought they were ordering a record or cassette tape. Many of the other veteran sellers here, have had this happen to them.

One more thing, I know it's a lot of extra work, but make a list of the songs that are included on each album. Why? Because if you don't list that info, buyers will go searching on google to figure out what songs are on that cd, which will most likely result in them being lead to Amazon. Once they get to amazon & see that someone almost always has the same cd over there for just $1.99 with free shipping, they will not return to ecrater, they always end up buying over there instead. So don't give potential buyers any reason to go searching online for information, you'll lose a lot of sales that way. Speaking from experience.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater a great place to sell.

If you really want some advice, I will give you some. One you need to get pictures up where they are missing. You are allowed 10 photos per listing. Be sure that they are big enough, not fussy, cropped well to get rid of weird backgrounds. Two, you need to put your text through a spell checker and grammar checker. There should be a space after every comma and period and you run it all together which makes it difficult to read. I noticed this first on your two sentence welcome which immediately makes one wonder about how professional the seller may be. Three, you need to add more to your titles and descriptions like the other poster mentioned. You are apparently trying to sell a Steve martin DVD with no photo, minimal info. I’m not sure if you have sold elsewhere, but selling on line involves work and lots of it. It is better to write too much than not enough and the main actors and actresses in a movie are all keywords for search engines. DVDs also when being sold on an international platform such as ecrater, needs to note what part of the world it is meant to be played in, and then running time, screen options, rating, when made, the director, etc. The same goes for books, CD’s, LPs, etc. Give a potential buyer the confidence to know that you have held this item in your hand and know all about it.

Over my many years selling I have literally seen 2 word titles (you are allowed 100 characters here) 6 word descriptions (you are allowed pretty unlimited space to tell about your item) for things for sell and I just shake my head, especially when they complain of no sales. This is not an exaggeration either as I saw it just the other day yet again. These are also usually the sellers that don’t want any advice or just don’t get it since they somewhere heard that selling on line is ‘easy’. That is a joke if I ever heard one. But better to get yourself fixing things now than before you spend all your time listing a whole bunch of things without the essentials that you will then not feel like going back and correcting every listing. Also be sure you are doing your attributes which there are lots of threads about that.

Good luck. Selling on line can be great. You can work in your jammies if you feel like it or get up and take a nap, but in between you do have to put good effort into it.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I just checked our your store and have several comments.

Photos are needed for every item. If you photos are smaller than 250 px OR if you don't add a photo, you will find Google Ads appearing on your item pages between your description and your gallery of your other products. The recommended size is a minimum of 800 px for one side. Having your photos larger than 800 px on both sides is best. If your photos are smaller than 800 px, then your items will be shown in the marketplace search after other items from other sellers who have larger photos. You also get lower placement in Google Shopping with smaller than 800px photos.

Your titles are very important. You are allowed up to 100 characters for your title. Search engines don't look at categories. The search in the eCRATER Marketplace and in your store are title only searches. Therefore, it's really important that you include info about what you are selling. Title and artist plus what it is, DVD or CD or VHS or LP, etc. Some people will search for artist name and vinyl, so add vinyl to your LP titles.

My rule for listing - Show your product (photos) like there's no description AND write your description like there's no photo or category.

Third point concerns your "bullet points" in your description. Most search engines look for a space before and after a word to identify a word. For example, I copied part of your description for one of your items below.
Artist-Poncho Sanchez
Title-Latin Soul
Format-Cd

The search is going to see one word "Artist-Poncho" and second word "Sanchez. The same for the Title. It will be seen by the search engine as "Title-Latin" and second word "Soul". It will be MUCH better listed as below:
Artist - Poncho Sanchez
Title - Latin Soul
Format - Cd

This is also much easier to read, but the most important part is for the item to be found by search.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Musicyards -

You certainly got your "hello" from your fellow eCrates.

My only advise to you is to enjoy the selling.

I am happy to see you here. I am sure once you have gotten your feet wet, you will do a little tweaking to your site.

Good Luck! I think you have a good product and are in the right direction.

W E L C O M E !!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
My rule for listing - Show your product (photos) like there's no description AND write your description like there's no photo or category.

Agreed. I try to do this as often as possible. When I first started selling & didn't know much about listing online, I showed maybe one or two photos of my items, and my descriptions were somewhat vague. These days I do try to describe my items as if there is no photo.

The buyer can plainly see that the item is a yellow necklace with a daisy flower charm in the photos. Don't care. I still describe it in perfect detail in the listing. Afterall, the necklace charm could look orange or even red on someone else's monitor and the silver chain, could look pewter or even gold on someone else's monitor.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that you have added more info to at least one listing, but if you will read what Sheila worte up above, you will see why this
Quote:
Pink Panther2 Condition-New Still Sealed Genre-Comedy-MGM Studios-Language-English-Widescreen
Year-2009-Rated-PG-Region-1-USA and Canada
Run Time-92 Minutes-Number Of Disc-2
Starring-Steve Martin,Andy Garcia,Alfred Molina

is not going to work. With all those dashes, commas, and no spaces, many parts of the description will be read as nonsense words not actual words, so the search engines aren't going to know what to do with them. For example, the last line should be:

Starring: Steve Martin, Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: