eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Wrong shipping forwarded to paypal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
healingandrevival

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Wrong shipping forwarded to paypal? Reply with quote

Hi,

Okay I've got my order but there seems to be a problem. The product listed shipping as $2.50 and the e-mail sent to me from your system says the shipping is $2.50 but the e-mail from paypal shows total shipping as $6.50 meaning my customer was overcharged $4.00. Can you tell me what's happening here? Thanks.

ecrater e-mail info below:

Radiant Glory The Life of Martha Wing Robinson by x 1 = $49
shipping: 2.5
total: 51.5
payment method: Paypal

paypal info below:

Total Amount: $58.00 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Total Shipping: $6.50 USD
Quantity: 1
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help I would need to see the ecrater ad. It appears you have it hidden or deleted already.

HINT - customes like to pull up the ad once they receive the item. Because of that - I use a SOLD image in the default for 2 weeks (I ship proirity mail) before I hide or delete the item.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
healingandrevival

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Info in e-mail you forwarded Reply with quote

Yes I did delete it since it was a single item. In the future I will take your advice and will change it to sold. However the shipping price is in the e-mail you forwaded which I included in first part of the question. It shows the shipping price of $2.50 and the follow-up paypal charge of $6.50.

Thanks
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should set the shipping prices in your eCRATER store. Then in order to avoid the double shipping charges (both from eCRATER & Paypal) log into your Paypal account and make sure the override check box is checked in your Profile. If omitted, and your Profile-based shipping is enabled, your customer will be charged the amount or percentage defined in your profile.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
log into your Paypal account and make sure the override check box is checked in your Profile.

% yrs of selling and I didn't know you could set shipping prices in PP. See, learn something new every day. Very Happy
healingandrevival

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Problem was on paypal side Reply with quote

Hi,

I followed this up with Paypal. The shipping option in the merchant account was set to on. I don't know if this is a default or I unknowingly turned it on. Either way Paypal was adding shipping onto the charge which already had shipping. So just in case anyone else has this problem it's a setting in Paypal. Thanks again.
ClassyCupsNMegaMugs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Okay,

I have looked everywhere in my Paypal profile account and cannot find where to turn off the shipping option so prospective customers don't get double charged for shipping. I do not have a merchant account and I have added my shipping on my webpage. Just started to set this up a little while ago, so have a long way to go.

Still trying to figure this all out.

TIA
musicyardrecords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: over ride in pay pal Reply with quote

Hi
cannot find the override on paypal
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not sure what you are talking about and you posted this as part of a 2006 thread. You should start your own thread about this and explain what you are wanting to override on PP.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What!? Shocked

A 2006 topic. Rolling Eyes
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006!!! What the heck! The IRS can't even go after you that far back.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ musicyardrecords, sellers are encouraged to read the topics in the forum and for that I applaud you. As you are reading the topics, remember that websites change over the years and if you are looking at a topic that is over 8 years old the information may be outdated. That's a long time in the computer and internet world.

At the time the topic was written, it was easy to set up shipping in your PayPal account and it caused problems for eCRATER sellers. Today, you can still set shipping in your PayPal account, but it's a multi-step process and you would know if you added shipping information to your PayPal account. Usually this is someone who has a website or blog with PayPal checkout buttons that needed this feature of PayPal. If a seller has added shipping information that they use with a different site, they may need a different PayPal account here. For the majority of PayPal users, they would never even look at this information in their PayPal profile. To double check today, sign in to your PayPal account and go to your Profile (if you have a business account) or Seller Preferences (if you have a Premier account) and check Shipping My Items -> Shipping Calculations.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: