eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniquefreedoms

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

Hello all I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michelle Barker and I am the owner of Unique Freedoms. We specialize in custom t-shirts and apparel. Primarily silkscreening and heat press designed is what we work with. We also wholesale blank tees, bath and body products, and much much more! I look forward to learning from other retailers in the forum. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Evidently you have been around a while since you already have several sales.

I noticed something about one of your t-shirts.
I don't know who or what New Slave is but the way you describe it you have copied the design and are selling for less than what the originals sell for. If it is a copyrighted logo, you are not allowed to sell the copy here as that is the same as counterfeiting. If I am correct in my reading you can be suspended for having knock-offs in your store even if you identify it as a copy.
uniquefreedoms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...The original was also for sale on my site for much more than the one you see...the difference is the brand of tshirt it is printed on. An artist chose an economy tee and a high end fashion tee for most of his designs. Nothing about my designs or those of the artists i print for is copyrighted. Because I used the word original you assume its is copyrighted by another? I am very aware of copyright infringment as i have been in the graphics and textiles business for more than 10 years. DuckedOut designs ARE ONLY sold my the artist Alex or myself.

Last edited by uniquefreedoms on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
uniquefreedoms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use the copy feature on many of my products to prevent retyping similar descriptions such as the New Slave design and the more expensive one I hid until the artist has more available.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater!

Your shop is quite unique and you sell a nice variety of items.

You have done quite a bit of work on your shop and your pictures and it shows.

Once again - Welcome!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very good set up. I love your "Angels are everywhere " t-shirt. I did see one problem, you have soaps and body oils in different size packs, and that is against eCraters rules.

- Multiple listings of the same item are not allowed. Listing items in lots with a different price per item in lots is not allowed. Each item should be listed only once.
You might want to double check this with eCrater becasue there has been some new changes and I may be wrong Shocked

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER!

Your store looks very nice. If are allowed to have a listing for each size and each color for your tee-shirts. It saves a lot of time for the customer and you. Customer's are famous for placing an order and not giving the information related to color and size. They just assume you know (???).

I see you have a category for vapes that currently has O items. Not sure what you were planning on listing, but be sure to check the eCrater terms to make sure your items are allowed.
uniquefreedoms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone! I am working on cleaning up my storefront now. I am wondering how to list the various soaps I have available. I often have various items which differ slightly such as oils, incense, and soap.

The way I have the soaps listed and the new listing for a case is not allowed? Im learning and reading through the terms of service.

SheliaDees.. thank you for reminding me to delete that category!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uniquefreedoms wrote:
Thank you everyone! I am working on cleaning up my storefront now. I am wondering how to list the various soaps I have available. I often have various items which differ slightly such as oils, incense, and soap.

The way I have the soaps listed and the new listing for a case is not allowed? Im learning and reading through the terms of service.

SheliaDees.. thank you for reminding me to delete that category!
First, you're welcome. About your soap listings, they are allowed. The terms have changed and we are now allowed up to 5 listings of the same item in different lots. You might want to expand your title for the case to at least say you are getting 6 bars of 6 different natural soaps. Probably not the best sentence I've written Laughing , but you get the idea.
So you can have a listing for one bar, a listing for 3 bars, a listing for 6 bars, etc, as long as you don't exceed the 5 lot max for any one item.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take offense at what I said earlier (Viewfinders). As I stated in the post, I didn't know what New Slave is and in case it was a knock off I was bringing it to your attention.

I still don't know what New Slave is but if it is a movement, a band etc. you might want to clarify that in your listing. Also who the artist is etc. These bits of info make your listings more interesting and can create desire in a buyer.

Okay. I'm old and maybe everyone else knows what New Slave is. Just saying...
uniquefreedoms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SheilaDees! I think I understand now. I appreciate it.

Viewfinders...I apologize if I got a bit snippy in my post Embarassed I do have the artist's name in the listing. Maybe I need to reword the description.

From talking with the artist of the New Slave design it appears to be a reference to classism and being a slave to the system.

I just print designs. I don't always design LOL. I like my saying when some art makes no sense to ME..."I don't have to like or understand it to print it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Nice store! It's always nice to meet another seller that actually appears to take time with their store. So many people just list items n go. Uploading no logos, never filling out their terms pages, then they wonder why they haven't received 20 orders within the first week. Smile

You must have hidden the Vapes category because I didn't see it but a word of advice, do not list any vapes or related products. It can get you suspended. Even though vape cigs don't have any tobacco in the them, they have nicotine. eCrater won't let us list anything tobacco related except for collectible stuff like old ads, empty tobacco tins, etc. Not being bossy, just letting you know. I got in trouble just for listing specialty cases & chargers for vape cigs. I wasn't even selling the batteries or the liquid, just accesories. I could've been suspended but they let me off the hook because I never break the rules & in that case, I just didn't know. But a rule of thumb I follow is, if you have to be 18+ to buy it and it's cigarette or tobacco related, don't list it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You and me both! Now I have to go look. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
available in adult sizes small-4XL Same #DuckedOut #NewSlave design by Alex Duckworth (Cleveland, Ohio) A t-shirt with a message against classism, fascism, and many other ISMs

Very much I agree with Sheila that mentions having a listing for each size AND each color of styles of your T-shirts. As in white size small, red size small, blue size small, white size medium, red size medium, etc. It makes it less likely that you have to chase down a buyer as to what they want and the more listings you have, the greater your on line prescence.

As you said you just print the shirts, but I too have a hard time understanding what a disintergrating flag is all about. I'm old and one of the things we older people learned in school was respect for the American flag and flag etiquette. Unfortunately people do their 'own thing' when it comes to flags and that distrubs me, but certainly not something to do with how your store is set up.

I do wonder why the hastags in the description? Why?

You are off to a good start, just little things to think about and work on.

You could add to your descriptions, such as when I looked at the African Black Sosp. Sounds like ordinary soap so why is it black? Does it have a special ingredient that makes it black or does it have to do with many other soaps being white and this is to appeal to black people. I would want to know as well what kind of residue this soap leaves on things like sinks and tubs? gray or black scum??? What is special about this soap that someone would want to pay over $4 a bar for it? There is nothing in your description to show why this is special.

Remember that here you are allowed 100 characters for a title which might help out with selling the Spurs t-shirts if you put Spurs in the title as there is plenty of room.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

You and me both! Now I have to go look. Very Happy

I just turned 30 years old yesterday & I don't know what new slave is either.

Yeah, the hashtags aren't necessary because buyers can't click on hashtags, url's or links in our descriptions. They have to copy/paste everything into their browser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: