eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The Ohio Valley Winter Wonderland...Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: The Ohio Valley Winter Wonderland...Today Reply with quote

I'm walkin' in a Winter Wonderland out here today! We are literally down in a valley surrounded by hills and small mountains so the temp here is 10 degrees colder than it is downtown. Yes, we do have small mountains in this area of Ohio. I'm right on the West Virginia border.

My niece's car

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics were posted around 10:30 a.m. It's now after 5:00 p.m. and we have almost 9 inches of snow now. Thank you to the Boston storm systems for blowing southwest & covering my town with snow. I appreciate not being able to go anywhere. Very Happy Even a 4 wheel drive won't make it up these mountains, they're twice as steep up the street.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a good part of my life in Mass and just left there 3 yrs ago. My son, daughter in law, and grandkids are still there. Needless to say, I miss them. I do not miss the weather. Thank you very much. I will take the hot month of August over three mos of the deep freeze any day.

To tell ya truth, in my travels, I spent 7+ years in upstate New York. Now, that is snow. It makes the snow they are having in Bos seem like a Tuesday in upstate NY.

And to think, the governor of VA has called a state of emergency here. I had to chuckle. My son called from Mass "cause he thought it was hilarious after two inches of snow.

I have three bros in the state of Maine. to think, I was going to retire there. I am glad, I took a left hand turn - instead of a right. Real Glad.

The only plus to Bos getting all the snow, it is great to hear the accent again when they do an interview or see some of my old stomping ground. I am still thrilled to put up with the hot August every year - positively thrilled.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Times like this I think I didn't go south and west enough.

Tennessee called a state of emergency yesterday. State Dept of Transportation admitted this morning they have been working only on the interstates. They have not worked to clear other state roads (like the one I live on). It's mostly ice under the snow. Some melted a little yesterday then turned to back to ice. Supposedly more snow and single digit temps coming.

I really should have moved to Arizona....
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya! I LOVE Arizona. So beautiful and quiet over there and only really cold at night if you live in the middle of the desert, but it only gets down to like 40-ish degrees which is easily tolerable!

We have 12" of snow now! Downtown only has like 8" but as I said before, we live in a steep valley so yay! We got more snow than everyone else around us. Schools have been cancelled today & already cancelled for tomorrow. All local govt. businesses are closed & many other small shops so if we wanna go to the store right now we have to go to Huntington. I laugh when Kentucky closes their schools for predicted 1" snowfall, then it doesn't even snow at all & they remain closed for 3 days. LOL, now this weather is a legitimate reason to close schools!

Yeah, it's supposed to drop down to -5 by Thursday which means minnesota will probably be -136 degrees. Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: