eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from Elsie's Custom Creations :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's not cool, taking a pattern even if they paid for it and sharing it with others online for free once they have the version without your watermark. I don't condone that. I sell digital graphic images that I created so, I know how you feel.

But yeah, give it a while. Many sellers give up after a few months with no sales but here, you have to promote your store. We don't have really high fees here because ecrater doesn't advertise or promote for us but if you try to spend at least 3 days a week, blogging, tweeting, posting on Facebook etc. eventually you will get noticed even more, especially if you constantly list new items instead of just adding 50 items & letting them sit for 5 years.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
eventually you will get noticed even more, especially if you constantly list new items instead of just adding 50 items & letting them sit for 5 years.

So true!
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for not replying back. I never received a notice email you had replied lol.

But yes I am aware that I can't just let my shop sit. I used to release a new pattern every week but my health wasn't allowing me to keep it up. I actually challenged myself year before last to see if I could keep it up and release a pattern every week and I did. January 1st to December 31st I had 1 pattern release every week! I felt really proud of that one. But I did promise retired doctor hubby I would slow down and I have. I now release a pattern once a month. I have my own website and facebook business page as well. I finally got over the slump of staying around 450 likes for eons and am now nearing close to 900. Very happy with that. Sales have also seemed to pick up this year through my shop on Craftsy as well (though that shop I am only able to sell patterns out of and not finished items, hence the shop here). People really seem to gravitate towards the clothing items I design for knitting and crochet. I love how Craftsy has functions that tells you what they've wishlisted. My clothing items for knitting and crochet are extremely popular compared to the other items I have listed for patterns that much is obvious to me by my numbers.

All in all I don't think I'm doing too badly for not paying to advertise anywhere Very Happy I'm happy with how I'm going. I release patterns once a month on the first Tuesday of the month, so long as I don't get my days mixed up, which I have a few times lol. But otherwise I tend to have my releases ready and planned out months in advance as to which release goes out what month.

Currently I'm working on sample 3 of 4 coordinating lace patterns using 5/2 or Pearl cotton #5 yarns. I'm close to 2/3 finished with that and then I'll finish the 4th in that series. Come the first nice sunny Spring day I'll be getting photos of them all on my manekin outside in good sunlight and all my pattern files will then be finalized and ready to release. Here's hoping I get a good sunny day in time, otherwise I might be up the creek lol.

My next design project (which has been redesigned twice already) is a Shetland shawl. Hubby is Scottish and I wanted to learn lace from his homeland area (we're in the US now and I'm actually South Korean). I love the way the lace works and the designs but have yet to finalize the color I want to use with it. I have to make an order for the color with a minimum cone order of 5 cones through my UKI business account so I need to be sure what color/s I want lol.

I have pretty much designated this year as a lace year for my knitting designing as you can tell Very Happy
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I won't be a customer but I'll be pinning some of your patterns.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just don't want to use it unless I use my account to check for my own work that's been copied is all. Smile

You've mentioned this twice, that you use your Pinterest to check for others using your work. How do you do this?

the other day while pinning I saw a pattern being pinned without all the name brand and number in the picture and it was advertised as a freebie. Well I seriously doubt that the major sewing pattern brands are giving away patterns for people to copy so I was curious, I clicked on the link and sure enough they were using a Simplicity fairly current pattern on some weird website that looked like a stop over before you got to the 'free' pattern. So I wrote in the pins comment section that selling copyrighted patterns was illegal and that is what they were doing. That bugs me so much as I see a lot of so called 'free' patterns with the professionaly done technical/line drawings that is usually a clue that it is copied illegally from some pattern company large or small. There are so many ways to make money on line, I don't understand these people's needs to scam the system, especially since if you are giving something away for free you aren't making money on it anyhow but I'm sure that they figure out how to monetize it somehow.

Even with that sort of thing, I still love Pinterest. I just went over 12,000 followers last night! I've only been on Pinterest just two years and almost 3 months. I've been on FB the same double that time and have all of 135 likes. I hate FB these days. I'll see a post and then can't find it again or half of my 'messages' are people wanting me to join and play games--thanks but NO!
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you I appreciate the interest! I don't mind people pinning so long as my patterns aren't shared from printed copies is all Smile

As far as how I check, I check a myriad of searches. I can check by my designer names from the design lines. I can check by my company name. I specialize in quilts in cross stitch so I can check by doing a search for patterns with the types of patterns I've done in cross stitch. Lots of ways Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: