eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

importing feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem buying from a no feedback seller. I know fb is just one part of being a good seller. Not all sites demand fb from their buyers. If someone is upset, they will complain. If there store is set up well and it looks like the seller has crossed all the T's, and double checked spelling, I don't have a problem. FB from anther site means nothing..how would I even know it is really their store?

I guess I just don't follow the herd.

I have a question for Universal...reading your ToS...do you not ship until you transfer money into your bank? Becasue that is what it sounds like.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a question for Universal...reading your ToS...do you not ship until you transfer money into your bank? Becasue that is what it sounds like.

It does sound like they want the money deposited and cleared completely in their bank account.

Quote:
- If paid through PayPal/Direct Credit Card Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.
I have always taken this to mean within 5 days after PP or Stripe have collected the money, not 5 days after it has completely cleared through your bank.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Moon!

Universal, Paypal will let you know if everything checks out. They tell you to go ahead and ship & if the buyer cancels their payment after shipment, you'll still get paid if covered under PP protection.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool to know they will remove any type of "stupid" comments. But feedback really dont think it should be mandatory. Its something Ebay started and everyone copied from them. If there's a problem with an order, thats why they have PayPal disputes resolution or the buyer contacting their credit card company.

Been here, maybe a month, not even 1 sale. My products are in demand and are priced competitively, in fact lower than my competition. My other store has been around for years on BJ, they dont use a feedback system, but how many people bought from you and its steady. We've had something like 50 sales in the same time frame as starting this one. Ecrater should be priced slighly higher because of the fees vs no fees. But not even a single sale.

As sellers dont see sales they get discouraged, start to question their business and where its hosted on. If they are getting consistent sales someplace else then they start pointing the finger.

But in reality, this place's main purpose is to offer ecommerce to sellers, and its the sellers job to do it accordingly. Products are being submitted by ECT on a normal basis to Google so its not that. So the conclusion like eBay, no buyer really wants to buy from a Zero Seller if they can find someone who has a "real online store" or someone with Feedback.

People are going to say Feedback is a good thing, some say it has nothing to do with running an online store, and others can say it can be used as a weapon by buyers.

The two stores have the same things in common, the only difference is one has feedback scoring the other one doesnt and the one that doesnt has a steady supply of business. Perhaps its just nit picking or trying to find some reason why we're not getting any sales, but thats the only thing we can think of when compairing a feedback system type store vs one that doesnt and the one that doesnt is making money. But ECT is free as long as we're making money someplace, we shouldnt be saying anything, just decreasing the time spend on ECT sorry to say.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, eCrater used to be thriving! I couldn't go past 2 days without getting another sale. They were constant and steady. Google's rule changes and the fact they became money hungry and greedy does have a major part in us losing traffic but, I think that eCrater, instead of spending all this time (as they have been lately) making the admin tools easier for us to use and incorporating in more features, they need to be spending this time figuring out why we are losing so much traffic and sales! Find & fix the traffic problem, then add all the extra goodies for sellers.

Ecrater has probably double the amount of stores now than what they had back in 2012 and 2013, and double the products now but not as many sales on a daily basis. If the site is growing in number of stores and products but sales are falling more & more, something is really wrong here. Which means they are not doing everything they can to bring in more traffic. I'm okay with advertising my personal store on my own but what good does it do if no traffic is coming to the marketplace either? Isn't that what the marketplace fee is for? Bringing ppl to the marketplace via Google shopping?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps its just nit picking or trying to find some reason why we're not getting any sales, but thats the only thing we can think of when compairing a feedback system type store vs one that doesnt and the one that doesnt is making money.

Yes I think you are nitpicking, because you seem to refuse to think that it may have something to do with you and your store here. You need to fill in your descriptions! My husband had to fix my chair climber recently. It took him over 4 months and consultation with a friend half way across the country via email, both of them trying to figure out and find the part that he needed. Finally he found it and now I can ride up and down instead of what felt like a grueling mountain climb (I'm disabled). Why did it take so long for him to find? sellers like you that only figured they needed a code number for people to find and know what to buy. No, many of them may need a description of what in the world it is for so they know that they are buying the correct item.

A well set up store will get orders if your stuff is desireable which you say you have. But a manufacturer number isn't enough to sell a product. If you are doing that on your own website that apparently you are being flooded with buyers, then I don't know what is going on, but it isn't the feedback keeping you from getting orders here as we all started out with zero feedback and somehow got business.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm okay with advertising my personal store on my own but what good does it do if no traffic is coming to the marketplace either? Isn't that what the marketplace fee is for? Bringing ppl to the marketplace via Google shopping?

The problem is not all our traffic is from google shopping nor should it be. Ecrater needs to be promoted all over which is why I try hard to promote the marketplace myself as I can and have encouraged others to do so in the thread about sales. Every month since the marketplace fee has been in place I have had to pay a fee. Those fees aren't enough to do much in the way of advertising. Hopefully others are paying a lot more so that they can make a dent in GS. I would love to see a poll about how many people actually even go to GS before buying. I know I had never even heard of it before coming here and I still only use it to do price comparisons when listing, not for actual shopping. Why should I? I know that GS doesn't have all the products up for sale anymore, only those products that someone is paying to feature. At least I don't see car parts mixed in with Simplicity patterns any more.

I have gotten 26 order here at ecrater so far this month so that is one a day. Yes, I would like to see more, which is why I am working to promote the site itself as well as my own products. Since I started selling I have wanted to get to the point of averaging 6-8 sales a day which would give us a financial cushion against a disability check, etc. I've had the occassional day that I averaged that, but rarely. I've had many days this month with only one sale, one day with none and then days like today where they are coming in from all over. I would like to see things more stable, but in the 13 years I have sold on line, I have never seen a steady amount of sales on a daily basis and wonder about sellers who claim that somebody was messing with their account because they only got half their usual sales. How could they know that every day they will get 16 sales or whatever?

Selling on line is full of surprises. Very Happy I still remember talking to some ladies I knew that had heard of ebay and Amazon and had even bought there. When I mentioned something about feedback, these intelligent women got blank looks on their faces. They had no clue what I was talking about. they had never noticed the feedback and I bet many people still don't until they get scammed and have a chance to lash out at a bad seller, otherwise why would they have bought from them in the first place. I really think feedback gets more press than it deserves.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
Thats cool to know they will remove any type of "stupid" comments. But feedback really dont think it should be mandatory. Its something Ebay started and everyone copied from them. If there's a problem with an order, thats why they have PayPal disputes resolution or the buyer contacting their credit card company.

Been here, maybe a month, not even 1 sale. My products are in demand and are priced competitively, in fact lower than my competition. My other store has been around for years on BJ, they dont use a feedback system, but how many people bought from you and its steady. We've had something like 50 sales in the same time frame as starting this one. Ecrater should be priced slighly higher because of the fees vs no fees. But not even a single sale.

As sellers dont see sales they get discouraged, start to question their business and where its hosted on. If they are getting consistent sales someplace else then they start pointing the finger.

But in reality, this place's main purpose is to offer ecommerce to sellers, and its the sellers job to do it accordingly. Products are being submitted by ECT on a normal basis to Google so its not that. So the conclusion like eBay, no buyer really wants to buy from a Zero Seller if they can find someone who has a "real online store" or someone with Feedback.

People are going to say Feedback is a good thing, some say it has nothing to do with running an online store, and others can say it can be used as a weapon by buyers.

The two stores have the same things in common, the only difference is one has feedback scoring the other one doesnt and the one that doesnt has a steady supply of business. Perhaps its just nit picking or trying to find some reason why we're not getting any sales, but thats the only thing we can think of when compairing a feedback system type store vs one that doesnt and the one that doesnt is making money. But ECT is free as long as we're making money someplace, we shouldnt be saying anything, just decreasing the time spend on ECT sorry to say.

I disagree between your feedback analysis vs other website.

I do understand what you are saying but go with the flow, 1 feedback at a time.

However feedback does build merit, in time. If I were you, start promoting this site from your regular site but use this site for the less popular items.
Plus you need more items to attract attention, 200+ or over 200. Like the catching bees with honey philosophy.

just an idea don't kill me. Razz
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ISO. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: