eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

INVALID ROW STRUCTURE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roseapple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: INVALID ROW STRUCTURE Reply with quote

Dear All,

i am a newbie here and tried to upload the bulk listing. i always got the response as following:

Rows Verified Reviewed Processed
03/01/15 08:32 2103 failed
02/26/15 07:41 2103 failed

and......

Row 1: Invalid row structure
Row 2: Invalid row structure
Row 3: Invalid row structure
Row 4: Invalid row structure
Row 5: Invalid row structure
Row 6: Invalid row structure
Row 7: Invalid row structure
Row 8: Invalid row structure
Row 9: Invalid row structure
Row 10: Invalid row structure
Row 11: Invalid row structure
Row 12: Invalid row structure
Row 13: Invalid row structure.........

upto Row 101 same response as above.

Wgat should i do...???? Can somebody help me??? i just export my files from Bonanza and want to create a seller account here. the download file on bonanza is only able to do as CSV. So... should i convert this??? anyone can help me pls?????? i dont want to add my stuff manually becoz they are over 700 items!!!

Thank you in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read the directions given in the admin of your store for the format to use for a Bulk file? The directions state, "You must prepare tab-delimited text file and save it using UTF-8 encoding." You must convert your CSV file to the required format and you also must make sure the headers match the field names given in the directions.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason the bulk importer is labeled as EBAY BULK UPLOADER. Because it's only set up to allow for file transfer from ebay stores and ebay auction listings. It should have been obvious when you only saw ebay mentioned for the bulk uploader and no other marketplaces, but there are plenty of topics on here and the ecrater.com FAQs under selling mentions this as well.

Not trying to be rude but it seems to me that you are trying to jump into selling here too quickly. In a hurry to hurry up get everything listed instead of first reading to find out how things actually work here. Look into the top 3 forum boards for this community. There is set up info and tips for new sellers to ecrater. There is a steep learning curve here that is crucial to running a store effectively.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ TheMysteriousRose, I believe you need to review the directions given in our store Admin for BOTH the eBay Importer and the Bulk Lister. There are two (2) types of uploads to our eCRATER store. One, the eBay Imported is designed to upload the items we have listed on eBay to our eCrater store. The only information one needs to give is their eBay User ID.

The second type is the Bulk Lister which can be used to quickly upload a large number of items from a tab-delimited text file. This is a great feature if you already have your items in a database or spreadsheet OR want to create a spreadsheet on your computer to upload. One big difference in using the bulk upload and listing each item individually is the location of the photos. With the Bulk Lister, you must have your photos hosted at a web location and you must give the address of each photo. eCRATER has had the Bulk Lister longer than the eBay Import.

It is not currently possible to import our items directly from other websites other than eBay, but if you have a file of your info from the other site it can be used as the base for creating a file to use with the Bulk Lister. The data must be put in the correct order, the file must have the requested header and it must be in tab-delimited text file as the directions are stated in our admin section.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont want to add my stuff manually becoz they are over 700 items!!!

Thats barely anything. I manually listed over 5000 items when I first came here in the first year. When doing the bulk ebay load, the listings come out a mess and you will have to go through each of them one by one to be sure they are set up correctly anyhow, have all references to ebay removed, no gobbeldy gook, etc. I would think it much easier to load manually so you know that you have it right to start with. You don't have to wait until you have all 700 items listed to open your store. you can open with 10-20 and grow from there. Actually you can open with one if you like.

I would echo the other poster as well. Time to go back to square one and read how to do things here. Your post asking how to delete shows you don't know enough yet. Just because you (as in anyone) can open a store on line anywhere in 5 minutes, doesn't mean it is a good idea to do so. Take the time to read, figure out if this is the place for you and make sure you understand what is going on. We had one newbie start a store here and then came on the forum wanting to know WHO provided the inventory and WHO would do the packing and shipping. I'm not sure what she thought she was or would be doing (collecting gobs of money for doing nothing ?), but obviously no thought behind it.
Roseapple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: i dont want to add my stuff manually becoz they are over 700 Reply with quote

Thank zou forfor your reply.... i got it!! adn now i am working out on my bilk listings... it seems that everzthing is fine.. but still at the last minutes that there is still INVALID LOCAL CAT ID. i understood that LOCAL CAT ID should be define by your own but i tried to do this and have to change this 3 times.. still the same response when i uploade the bulk list. and when i click" Get All Local Category IDs" the site is empty.... do you have any idea how to fix it???

thanks in advance
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose please note that most of us didn't use the bulk uploader so if you don't get an answer in 24 hours or so, ask the ecrater team which is just a small staff that answers email in person so it may be 1-3 days for an answer.
Roseapple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: INVALID CAT CAT ID Reply with quote

I C .. Thank YOU!!!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must create the category structure for your store from within your admin section before you can do a Bulk List upload. Once you create your entire category structure (main categories and any subcategories), then when you click on Local Cat ID you will see a number for each of your local categories.

I would suggest you get a pen and paper to write down the category structure you want in your store. Once you have it designed, then log into your store, click on category and add each of your main categories. If you want a subcategory, click on the main category after it has been created and add the subcategory to the main category. Once you have all your categories created, the system will show you the category ID # for each when you click on the link in the Bulk Lister directions.

Edited to add: I rarely answer questions in a PM. Answers within the forum can help other new sellers who may have the same question.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never needed to use the bulk uploading features here so I didn't think the bulk uploader was something different for files from other sites. I've never heard other sellers mention importing products from anywhere else but ebay so I thought the op was trying to use the ebay importer to upload bonanza listings. I'm sure other sellers have posted about importing from other sites before but I most likely would've skipped over those posts because I don't use the importing/uploading features.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Edited to add: I rarely answer questions in a PM. Answers within the forum can help other new sellers who may have the same question.

Yes, I too don't answer questions in a PM or questions about how to do stuff on ecrater disguised as questions from a buyer or those that literally track down my email to ask questions. I do use PM and those who PM with me know who they are. But I think this goes basically for all the other sellers on the forum. We are happy to answer questions on the forum where everyone benefits, but we aren't prepared to give private lessons, especially answering questions that were asked two weeks ago by someone else.

BTW-only brought this up since Sheila's note got my brain thinking about the ways people ask questions of some of us, not in regards to anyone question that I got recently or from anyone in particular.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open .csv file with Libreoffice Calc or MS Office Excel. Then edit that file. Instructions and sample text file can be found at your admin area of Bulk List/eBay Import -> Requirements and help link.

Probably your .csv file contains quotes and commas so system gives invalid row structure.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://roseapple.ecrater.com/p/22095997/schneiderhan-quartet-plays-haydn-brahms-and

You have mixed up sth. as seen. If you need help please reply.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LibreOffice and OpenOffice are free to use... You need not to pay MS Office to edit .csv file...
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please choose a color template from the first 11 one then click UPDATE. Last 7 ones are really out of date and do not show up best at tablets and phones.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: