eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Customizing (Paypal?) messages for payments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dellarobbia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Customizing (Paypal?) messages for payments Reply with quote

When I receive the "notification of payment received" message, from Paypal it says: "Shipping details: You haven’t added any shipping details."
How do I add shipping details?? Like asking customers to make sure they leave a phone number?
In fact lately I noticed that my customers aren't leaving their phone numbers when instead they did before. I guess something has changed and it is not requested from Paypal when they fill in their payment form.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do I add shipping details?? Like asking customers to make sure they leave a phone number?

I haven't a clue how to add in shipping details since they are set within ecrater. I've been selling and using PP for 13 years at least now and never had a problem because of 'shipping details' or lack of them. I know that some sellers have had their shipping set up with PP from selling elsewhere, but you can't do that here otherwise the buyer isn't charged correctly.

I have never had a problem because of the lack of a phone number. I guess I don't understand why you would need a phone number on the payment notification when the sale has been completed. When you get the payment notification, there is nothing further to do other than ship their purchase, give PP and ecrater the tracking number and send an email to the buyer saying their item is on its way with the tracking number and anything else that you want to say. The only time I have ever found a need for a phone number is when an international buyer uses a PO Box, the customs sticker asks for the number and that circumstance is extremely rare.

Anyhow, I probably don't understand your underlying question about this so I probably am no help at all, other than to say that it is very possible to sell thousands of items without talking to the buyer or having shipping info in PP. I would hate it if a seller called me for whatever reason especially if they didn't email me first. If PP changed something about the info they collect, then we have no hope of changing it back.
dellarobbia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yeah I guess you don't understand.
I need a phone number because the shipping carrier needs it. And it is very annoying having to ask. If it was requested during the sale process by the system it was much more professional.
Also... for whatever reason I'd need it, it won't matter. I just do. And if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated. [/quote]
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to set it up through paypal. No matter what payment method buyers choose they still have to fill out the order form here at ecrater when they checkout. It asks for a phone number on the form but, if you'll go to your admin panel under OPTIONS there is a checkbox for "require buyers to provide a phone number during checkout". If you check that box, they will not be able to proceed to the final checkout pages unless and until they enter in a phone number. Some buyers may give a fake number because they don't know what you need their number for but, at least its a start.
dellarobbia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Themisteryrose !!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, if when they don't give their phone number to start with, do you email them first or just call? I only use USPS so it isn't anything I've ever come up against. I had one customer mad at me on ebay because I didn't call her long distance after sending three reminder emails about paying and then gave her a NPB strike and for some reason she apparently saw that email immediately and was madder than a hornet and told me I should have called her - she lives clear across the country and I'll be hanged if I spend as much calling to remind someone to pay than what I might get if they do! She was a nasty piece of work.

It may sound strange me asking this and it certainly isn't because I'm trying to be rude, but I've heard other sellers talk about calling the buyers and I've never quite understood why since though I buy on line, I don't want any phone calls about the order. Since the advent of cell phones most people don't have long distance to pay for but we still have a land line and pay for every single long distance call. Plus due to my severe arthritis talking on the phone with all my arm joints bent is painful. When it rings both hubby and I try to see if the other will get it since neither one of us want to answer or talk on the phone. One buyer who didn't want to use PP, somehow scrounged up my number somewhere and called me at the crack of dawn and woke me up to buy something and wanted me to take his credit card info. Weird he didn't trust PP but would trust someone he had never met to his private info! Rolling Eyes Anyhow I just have never understood why an on-line business would need phone calls as well. I realize that people use their phones in a different way than how I was brought up and some have them surgically applied to their ears but I'm too old for that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: