eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

1st sale - now what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DogsAtPlay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: 1st sale - now what? Reply with quote

Hello All,
Received first paid order and things are different from what I am used to
at Ebay.
I'll buy shipping from PayPal and can get a packing slip too.

Is there a section on ecrater I'm not finding, where I can send buyer the tracking number, etc.?
Or do you just email the buyer direct from the order/paypal info?

Thank You!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For tracking I like to send my own, but ecrater just added that. I think you look on the "orders" page. right by the order.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the order on your Orders page and you can input the tracking for any order.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs, the joy of ecrater is you CAN have direct contact with your cusotmer. You can get your postage wherever you want also. If I were you I would make up a template of your own shipping notification -- this is your business right, not PP? What I do is copy/paste the order infor from ecrater and then I have my template info on the bottom, Thanking them again for the order, making sure your email address, store url, blog or Pinterest url is included, what to do if they want to email you -- I get so much junk email that if they don't put Patterns or Sewing in the subject line, I will ignore it. All that sort of stuff. Print it and enclose it in your package.

You can insert the tracking number into PP and on ecrater on the order page. I do go that extra step and send them a personalized email shipping notification (again a template that I only have to add in a few things to the letter) that thanks them again, tells when you are shipping, what the delivery confirmation number is again (and with all that I occassionally get people asking where there package is Rolling Eyes ) and how to check it at USPS website, what to do if it shows delivered and they don't have it, and of course always invite them back with your store url so they come directly to you.

If you are getting postage via PP you will have a printed label with your return address, but if you were going via the PO, I would also recommend very legible writing WITH a return address!

I don't know where you live, but due to our weather here, I also at the very top remind them that this winter weather may hold up the mail so please be patient. No reason not to ship on time, but a reminder that delivery trucks etc. are having a time of it. We have had over 9 feet of snow here officially, but at my house probably closer to 12-13 feet. It is miserable, but that doesn't mean some customer in Los Angeles will understand the trials of the mail at this time of year.

Anyhow, set up templates, tweak them as needed so that shipping won't take long at all and you will look more professional.

Last but not least - Congratulations on your order! That is a thrill Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact buyers directly via private email. No supervised monitored emailing system over here like what they have at ebay because, god forbid you try to tell a customer at ebay to shop with you elsewhere so they can save money & you can save on listing fees LOL.

Add tracking from your orders section in your admin panel, or you can still do it thru paypal If the buyer uses them to pay. Just login in to your PP acct. and click on the buyer.

Shipping labels, you can still use paypal to print labels even though this is not ebay! I do it all the time! if the buyer here pays with paypal then that buyer's info is already on file with paypal so just click on print postage from the drop down menu next to the buyers name. If the buyer did not use paypal and used stripe instead, you can still print labels with paypal you just have to enter in their shipping info manually.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, how rude of me! I forgot to congratulate you on your first sale here!
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Received first paid order and things are different from what I am used to
at Ebay.

Congratulations.

Quote:
I'll buy shipping from PayPal and can get a packing slip too.

Yes, PayPal offers the option to create simple/pain invoices. You enter the transition details and in the bottom in is an option to make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: