eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

perplexed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand what's happening. When you are looking at your store from the Admin side as a seller, AK & HI are listed as separate zones and you add the shipping for both states via Flat Rate or Matrix. When you look at your store as a buyer, you are shown "Shipping: US-Mainland: $4.00 (more destinations)". Folks in AK & HI usually know that some companies charge extra, so they look for the cost to their states. When you click on the (more destinations) you are shown a place to enter your zip code which will give the rate for AK & HI.

I don't know exactly what was shown on the item page to the buyer before the recent expansion in the Flat Rate shipping method. I do know there has been a change in this area on the retail view of our item pages. I'm posting a problem with USPS calculated shipping retail view on the topic related to the new Flat Rate shipping http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35561 .. It would probably be more helpful to eCRATER if all this discussion was on that topic.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moon,
I see that you don't ship to either state as it is not on your "destination" list.
Would HI & AK been converted to the same rate as US during the recent change?
Big difference in rates -or are we now forced to use the matrix system if we ship to those 2 states.

Goodness I ship everywhere! Well except for Italy, Spain and most of the 3rd world countries where mail won't get where it is supposed to. To sell on ecrater you HAVE to ship to Alaska and Hawaii. I use the matrix and first class and media mail, and also regular flat rate priority are the same prices to all 50 states so I didn't even have to worry about this new change. I have absolutely NO problem using the matrix ever since I figured it out back in 2008. Never had a bit of trouble with it. I don't consider my using the matrix as being forced to use it, it is my absolute first choice of the shipping systems here to use.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: