eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello - Newbie here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelomi, not to sound rude but it seems like you are spending more time worrying about how not to get in trouble and how not to be responsible for an order should something go wrong. Instead, remove all that legal jargon stuff as I said before. Rewrite your terms to apply to YOUR store only and only use terms that you create from thin air. I'm sure ecrater would probably not like you using their terms copied word for word and replacing ecrater with Zelomi.

I know selling can be thrilling and fun, especially when opening a new store at a marketplace you're new to and many new sellers are eager to start selling a little fast because of that, but take some time to fix the errors first. Just wipe your terms clean, start with a fresh clean slate and come up with terms in your own words. Don't worry about legalities, only mention what payments you accept, your shipping times, what shipping carrier you use, if you accept returns and how to go about it, that sort of stuff. Buyers won't even read that other stuff, your terms a literally a mile long. Make it short, easy to read, and easy for a buyer to find answers to their questions without having to search through hundreds of paragraphs.

You have some nice items and I think you could have good potential as a seller, you just need to fix several things first. Not telling you this to be mean or rude, trying to help you. Most buyers know when they buy from a marketplace that they are buying from small home based sellers or sellers with small brick and mortar stores, they don't usually expect us to be liable for anything other than making sure we ship when they pay us and if the items arrive broken or not as described, we make it right for them. So all the legalities of using the site, browsing your store, or using items for illegal purposes is not necessary, it's just confusing. I don't know how a buyer could use your items for illegal purposes? You are not selling anything, from what I could see, that's a risk for that unless you have a stash of bongs listed in your store that I did not see? Laughing

Spend some time and make these changes, it will help you start to get sales and keep you from getting in trouble. You are spending so much time writing terms in a way to keep yourself from getting in trouble but writing your terms like that will end up getting you in trouble anyway, so the efforts to stay safe are only making things worse. Understand? As for your orders, if anything goes wrong you are responsible not ecrater, but a buyer is not going to take you to court over a minor issue like an item arriving broken. But yeah, all this worrying over your terms is taking away time you could use to list more items instead.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Zelomi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello magic cat:

thanks for such comprehensive email. I will sit down over the weekend and re-write everything just to make sure they are ok.

most of my titles in foreign languages do have in the description something like 'slovak/spanish edition' i though I just write them in that particular language so the buyer won't think they are in english. Isn't that correct?

thanks for your advice!
Zelomi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI tiger:

you don't sound rude at all, you sound amazing! Smile

thanks very much for taking the time to write me such a long reply.
As you say, I am going to wipe them clean and start anew.

I did not copy the terms from ecrater but from somewhere else Smile

but yes, i will change everything and make sure its a lot easier to read for the customer.

Really appreciate your help!
Zelomi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated my terms once more.
Hopefully they are ok now. If I am missing something or I should remove something, please do let me know.

I appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I really do. I am very thankful that you all try to help me in this matter.

Many thanks!

xx
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terms ? still way too much, that whole top overview really has nothing for a buyer or if they even care.
Now if you are selling houses or rental agreements or disclaimers like a huge manufacturer it might be needed.

I am not some selling guru, so don't kill me for saying. But I think you should think about the validity of the ITEMS you sell.

Sell $1 million dollar rings ? it would probably needs more terms, sell a car wash and wax kit, it's too much.

like the
Rangers - Plavci 1.díl A - N1 - 1998 (forgive me that if I don't know if Plavci means book, but the title needs more)

Oh it's a "book" the title says nothing about a book, kids book? it's a listing for a search engine words, and no one would punch that in looking for a "book".
Is it for children ? then a person searching might type the word "children's"

But think about reading those terms and applying it to buying a $3.99 cent book. Or lets say you had a walk-in store, what terms should they know?

I would ask, "can I bring it back if my kid doesn't like it?" or I can't even think of anything to ask if I was shopping for that.
Now change it to a car, you can bet I would read terms like that, and ask piles of questions and forced to read the terms.

In my opinion the more rules or things I have to learn makes me feel like the seller is hiding something, more than shopping.

I am probably more crude and less professional sounding, however when I had my repair shop, people want to know the raw truth, in their face.
"Sorry sir but you are better off throwing it away".

So being blunt, they can buy it, or not, but they will appreciate that you are not hiding behind some technical jargon.

PS, I am not eve sure if it is a book for children, I only assume it is because it's thin.
Moonwishes should know a lot more about book selling and what should be in a title. It's hard but you need to be creative, otherwise every title would have the word book in it if you sold books.

so when I posted my video games it was hard to try and not make them all have the same words.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking around your store and ran into this book: http://zelomi.ecrater.co.uk/p/22343469/hacia-la-fundacin-isaac-asimov-1997

While it looks like a spanish issue book, it is against eCraters rules,
4.3 Basic requirements - All texts must be in English

Not sure about the title, That is the title.....some other book sellers might know if that is ok or not
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We accept major international debit or credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB, right out of the box.

SHIPPING AND SHIPPING TIMES

We currently are able to ship items to the following counties: U.S, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Australia, and all countries in European Union.

As far as I'm aware we can only take Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express here on ecrater. Have no clue what JCB is and I'm not sure PP takes diners Club either. You can not ask a buyer to use a credit card that PP or Stripe (if using) doesn't take here on ecrater. Doing so can get you suspended.

This may sound strange and you probably didn't mean it that way, but the US is a country and Hawaii and Alska are states that are in that country. Also just in case you don't know Ruerto Rico, The US Virgin Islands and Guam all fit under the US umbrella although right now I can't think of the correct term. Elperles would know since he is in PR.

I looked at your terms again and you did personalize them a bit, but it doesn't look like you took our advice to go see what others are saying in their terms of service. Lots of crap still in them that means nothing to your buyers.

Quote:
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases. Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards Downloadable software products, Some health and personal care items
Do you actually sell hazardous materials, flammable liquids? You can't since for the most part they can't be mailed within the US and I doubt the can be mailed or shipped from whereever you live. This is what we mean by personal. Why put junk in your terms that has no bearing on your store.

Also were are you located? You store home page shows Great Britain, but your returns are to do to Mierova 1970/ 19-25 02601 Dolny Kubin, Slovakia. If you live in Slovakia, you need to say so. If you live in GB, why are your returns going elsewhere?

You are missing many details in your listings. I saw a fashion ring that said it was a wedding ring type - no, not in the US in general and no size. What sizes you do list tend to be in metric and most US citizan are dumb when it comes to metric unless forced into it by their jobs or personal choice. Checked one listing for a book and while Slovak copies of a book may do well here, the potential reader has to be able to find it. You need much more information and especially an English translation of the title, if it is used, what condition is it in, who published it, UPC code, number of pages, color or black and white photos?, if possible synopsis of the book, etc..

You also have duplicate listings in your clothing category. Besides that your clothes all look wrinkly and sad hanging on those hangers. Your extra photos are repeats of what is already shown. If you are going to type in made with high quality fabric, you should be typeing in the fabric itself that it is made from. Duplicate listings are not allowed on ecrater!

Sorry you say, but you have lots of work to do on your store.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re your foreign language books.
When I list a book the title line of the listing should include as much as possible of the following:
Book title, author's last name if all is too long, publisher, year and HC, PB, DJ, etc.
Where you are listing foreign language books and live in an English speaking country, you should put both English and book language in the title. Otherwise Google will pass over the listing.

The books I clicked on all have non English descriptions. To sell on eCRATER you must agree to list in English. You need to translate so that both languages are visible.

Although you are required to sell and ship to all US states per eCRATER's terms, some sellers outside the US really are just using eCRATER to reach their own country. Do people in the EU understand pounds sterling better than US dollars? If you use the Euro and people see pound prices will it be easier for them to mentally convert from dollars or pounds? When I lived in the UK I spent money like a drunken sailor because I could never accurately convert in my head. Would it be better if you register your store in the US format with UK and AU added as options. I sell on all three sites but people in mainland Europe always use my US store and not my UK store.

Do you plan to sell sanitary products, food and flowers on your site? If not forget all your return rules and regulation and just talk about returns for the kind of items you do sell.

Personally I would delete your whole page of terms and start over. Then I would go through every single listing and make sure it is in English. You want to cover shipping times, methods used, condition of your items in general, returns, and payment methods accepted.

It sounds like we are being hard on you but you have some issues that could get you suspended if they go uncorrected.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelomi, welcome to eCrater.

Quote:
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.

Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.

Not offense, it isn't the 1rst or last time I saw this issue with the "Terms" in eCrater. A little search in Google and the result it looks like your nonsense terms are copy-paste.

Like other members suggested. Focus your terms in your business. Not the host and avoid copy-paste from other stores.

Agree MaggietheCatsMeows about books in other language. You must write the actual tittle of the book in origin language and in parenthesis () add the translation in English.

Also I recommend for the description add any detail that you can't have space in the tittle.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, I always just refer to Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands etc. as U.S. outlying territories. They are territories owned by the U.S. but not part of the mainland, so they are outlying territories.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelomi, Welcome to the eCRATER Community of sellers.

There seems to be some confusion by Zelomi and other eCRATER sellers regarding the payment options available to us on eCRATER.

Currently Zelomi is only offering credit card payments through Stripe and is a non-US seller. On the item page it shows they accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. On the terms page they state, "We accept major international debit or credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB, right out of the box." I have no idea what is meant by "right out of the box", but I feel the phrase should be deleted. The type of cards available to be processed by Stripe depends on the country location of the seller. Here is a quote from Stripe documentation to help clear the issue for all.
https://support.stripe.com/questions/which-cards-and-payment-types-can-i-accept-with-stripe
Quote:
Which cards and payment types can I accept with Stripe?

With Stripe, you can charge almost any kind of credit or debit card:

* U.S. businesses can accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.

* Australian, Canadian, and European businesses can accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

You can also accept gift and prepaid cards that are one of the above types. You can use Stripe to charge cards of these types from customers anywhere in the world. Depending on where your business is located, you can also charge customers in their local currencies.

There does seem to be an eCRATER issue with the credit card icons shown on our item pages. According to the above quote, I should be able to accept JCB and Diners Club cards in my US store AND Zelomi should not be able to accept Discover cards since they are located outside the US. However we both show the same 4 icons in our stores. I'll contact eCrater about the icons.

Zelomi, you should correct your terms to state you are able to accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express unless you have been personally told by Stripe that you are able to process the additional cards.

Moon, you mentioned you were not familiar with a JCB credit card. This is a Japanese credit card and it is my understanding that it is the leading credit card in Japan. It would be important to accept if you were trying to reach the Japanese market.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I just took sometime to look more the store. I will not loose more my time in this topic. I'm not sure if they understand what we are trying to say.

Check the about. The seller is from Slovakia, but the location is from Great Britain. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, precisely why I wasn't sure since I had never even heard of JCB. At first I thought it was a Pennys card but realized that the initials weren't quite right. Thanks for clarifying it.

They have some real work to get their store up to snuff unfortunately due to other problems.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Sorry for late reply, I did not get any emails as I did before, so I assumed I had no more answers.

The payment thing is from stripe as was mentioned above from one user.
I took the 'right out of the box' thing out of the terms.

The clothes, I have no doubles in the clothes, all the pictures are taken there are slightly different from each other. Unless I accidentally uploaded the same twice. As per descriptions on clothing, I really have no idea about clothes, I am not the girlie-type and honestly couldn't tell one fabric from the next (or name them, that is). Some listings that appear twice is simply because they are featured, so they appear at the top and bottom of the page, but they are not double listings. Only 1 of each type.

You all mention book descriptions have to be in english? can anybody please post me a link into the actual terms that say that? I will have some translation to do. They are in slovak because that is the language they are on. So I though it will be best from somebody who knows the language and is looking at it to understand. It doesn't make sense to me for an english-speaking person to have it in english then realize is on a different language. But if it is the rules I will translate them as well. I suppose is ok to have it in several languages.

As per my store based in Britain and me in Slovakia. Well, I only recently moved to Slovakia, having spent in UK almost 12 years. My bank account are still there, and to this day, I pay my taxes there through my sales (books I write, nothing to do with this store). Which is fine so long as I am paying my taxes somewhere, and doing my pension thing from when I grow old. I also spend all my time between UK (where I do my uni) and here. And again, all my bank accounts and details are still based there.

The reason for the returns here is simply because I have all the items here with me.

I intend to do most of the promotion over UK/Europe. Not so much US. Hence why the postage might be more expensive there. But under ecrater's rules I have to sell as well over there, so thats why I have to put it. For what I know, it is a lot easier for people over here to convert between pounds/euros than dollars/euros.

"This may sound strange and you probably didn't mean it that way, but the US is a country and Hawaii and Alska are states that are in that country. Also just in case you don't know Ruerto Rico, The US Virgin Islands and Guam all fit under the US umbrella although right now I can't think of the correct term. Elperles would know since he is in PR. "

I know they are states of the same country, but the postage is different hence why I have it listed like so. However, I might change it. You make a good point.

"Focus your terms in your business. Not the host and avoid copy-paste from other stores." I will, thank you.

"Zelomi, you should correct your terms to state you are able to accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express unless you have been personally told by Stripe that you are able to process the additional cards". I will look into this. Like you said, I took that from their own page.

Again, thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate and I will work to make all the changes you guys have suggested

P.S I just went over their terms again and looked at the 'Products listed in English' thing.

Again, thank you all
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About your location. Sorry. I read the info and I was confuse.

About the tittles and description of the books in non-English. I understand your idea, but eCrater is an English speaker site. For the tittles and descriptions you can use the native language of the book, but you will need also add the translation in English.

For the payments just add something like:

PayPal - Pay with your balance. Also it process the credit and debit card payments.
Stripe - Not account needed. Direct process for the credit and debit card payments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: