eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any of you ever heard of Dwolla?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spirusoft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Any of you ever heard of Dwolla? Reply with quote

Dwolla is a payment system like paypal
no fees on transactions under 10$
only 25 cents for transactions over 10$

seems perfect for eCrater....
how do we get them to add it to the payment options so we could use it in our stores...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact ecrater directly by going to the ecrater.com website and clicking on the "contact us" button at the bottom of the page. When you send them an email about it, they have an area where you can select the reason for your email and last I checked, they had "suggestion" as an option so, email them. Ecrater is more than willing to listen to your suggestions.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it isn't very popular because people cannot use credit/debit cards with this service.
clydes-stalecards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this was first posted, Dwolla was very new. Now they've got partnerships with BBVA Compass, are an authorized payment mechanism for the US Government and are gaining some major traction.

I think Dwolla would be a great idea for eCrater if only to make paying the Marketplace fees more realistic. I just paid a $0.50 eCrater Marketplace fee through Paypal. How much of that actually reached eCrater? With Dwolla, those tiny transactions would be free. On a greater scale, it would make the sale of smaller items a lot more feasible. I really want to be able to use Dwolla for my sports card store, and would love to see an integrated Dwolla payment system supported.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe for our payments for the marketplace, eCrater is on the micro payment plan
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwolla

I've never liked the idea of payment companies deducting money from my bank. I pay with PayPal when I have enough money in my account and with a CC for larger purchases. That means I wouldn't use it.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwolla Rolling Eyes

Lets face the true. In the USA market. Dwolla, Money Bookers/Skrill, Propay, V.me, Wepay, and whatever other payment method are just eating crumb of a big cake. Seriously I believe some like Dwolla are eating dust because long time I don't read something about it.

Right now the one pushing hard to get a piece of the cake are Stripe and Amazon. I believe, Stripe has a big advantage because they are trying to mimic in some way the PayPal success. Stripe is technically the direct checkout from some marketplaces and direct stores.

PD
I will not forget the Wepay guys. The idea similar to Stripe. The focus in a "eccentric" and forget the substance. Wink

techcrunch.com/2010/10/26/wepay-ice-paypal/

Last edited by elpereles on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of the guy whose payment processing company is raising their minimum wage to $70,000 a year. The CEO is cutting his salary from $1 million to $70,000 to pay for the increase. His company is called Gravity.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/04/17/forget-the-minimum-wage-gravity-payments-ceo-dan-price-sets-70k-happiness-wage.html
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
I believe for our payments for the marketplace, eCrater is on the micro payment plan

For small amounts they are. When the amount due crosses a certain point, it changes to a regular account.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like the sound of the guy whose payment processing company is raising their minimum wage to $70,000 a year. The CEO is cutting his salary from $1 million to $70,000 to pay for the increase. His company is called Gravity.

It is temporary. Not sure it was a heart motivation or media tour motivation. Cool
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is temporary. Not sure it was a heart motivation or media tour motivation.

I think it's permanent. It will take three years to phase in the plan. I think it's a great plan, the workers will work much harder and there should be fewer turnovers in his workforce. That means less teaching costs. This guy will get the cream of the job applicants. There needs to be more guys like this guy.

universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like anything if you want to use something do your research

http://observer.com/2012/03/dwolla-was-just-sued-by-bitcoiners-for-2-m/
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can advertise anything you want as far as accepting payments. People are not going to use the service if they are not familiar with it. PayPal has been around for decades and they made the impact. Afterwhich every other company has been trying to copy them. PayPal used to be really bad in the past, but once they got sued a few 1000 times, they backed off alot.

Especially with all the scams and websites getting hacked, and add in the story with BitCoin always "loosing" millions of dollars in people's money, they are warry to use something else.

There's fishing scams going on with emails that pretend to be from PayPal, but we rarely hear anything about PayPal being compromised.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
You can advertise anything you want as far as accepting payments.
This statement might confuse new sellers. This is a copy of eCrater's rules for payment:
4.4 Content requirements

- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product. Texts related to shipping, handling or store policies must not be included.
- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported and integrated by eCRATER.
- Do not direct users to go to other sites to complete the transaction
- Do not upload logo images or other generic images such as "image not available" images for your products.
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed.
- Listed products must be relevant, clear, accurate, and descriptive of the products offered.

All of eCraters rules are spelled out very clearly and anyone choosing to not follow them may be suspended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: