eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

bulk edit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knrenterprise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: bulk edit Reply with quote

I just had all my items from ebay put here however, when they came here shipping was added. I always offer free shipping. Is there a way to bulk edit all my listing because I have over 600 and do not want to do them manually.

Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see free shipping on a few that I looked at. Having said that, you are going to have to edit them all anyway for a couple of reasons ...

1. They are all in the 'my eBay' local category. They need to be placed into more meaningful categories.

2. This one, as a random example, did not import cleanly, and needs to have considerable work done to make it look better,
http://knrenterprise.ecrater.com/p/22382728/weather-handler-44-piece-automobile-safety

3. This one says 'Used', but it has a new price tag. You may need to look into that.
http://knrenterprise.ecrater.com/p/22347938/us-polo-assn-red-and-gray-v#

Good luck !
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before editing I would suggest reading eCraters terms about what should be in the listing itself. It varies quite a bit from ebay, you would not want to get suspended after cleaning things up
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay downloads are the pits and I've never seen one that didn't need major fixing for ALL the listing, including getting rid of all the capital letters. The description is supposed to be a description of the item, not be about your shipping and terms of service, etc. it is called boilerplate when it is mixed in with the descriptions and isn't allowed (I believe that is a google rule not ecraters but you should check). Generally a description of an item for sale should be more than a repeat of the title and in the case of a breakable adding in 'no chips or cracks, see pics'. With only one photo it is hard to 'see pics' for any damage. You are allowed up to ten photos for free with each listing. A full desc`description is your chance to 'sell' the item.

While it does sound horrendous, many of us sellers that have been here a long time had to list each and every item manually when we came here. In my case, that was 5000 items the first year and I have been listing manually ever since. It is probably easier to list from scratch than to try to fix the ebay download mess.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: