eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Canadian sellers, do you revise prices in USD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
movie-inspired-jewelry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add that in options my account info is listed as United States.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

movie-inspired-jewelry wrote:
Would you happen to know how I would change to a US store? I am listed in my account info as United States. Everything was working fine until over a month ago......

My answer was incomplete.

You have a US store front ...
http://movie-inspired-jewelry.ecrater.com/

You have an Australia store front ...
http://movie-inspired-jewelry.ecrater.com.au/

You have a UK store front ...
http://movie-inspired-jewelry.ecrater.co.uk/

Each of those store fronts is displaying in the local currency. You need to decide if you want those or not, and disable them if you don't. What is happening is US buyers are (for unknown reasons) finding you on the Aus store, and buying there (instead of on the US store). If you have those other store fronts, then your products are (presumably) also appearing in the Aus and UK versions of the marketplace.
movie-inspired-jewelry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked everything, I would think the best possible recourse is to disable Australian and UK stores......how I do not know.

I have sent a email to the contact for Ecrater and hopefully will get an answer.

Thank you for letting me know what the problem is, just gotta find out how to fix it!

I just went in and removed both those countries so we will see if that works. I hate to do that as I get sales from those countries. Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your admin section under Account: Options there is a store option "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". The default is unchecked. If you ever add UK or AU to your shipping zones and leave that option unchecked, all your items will appear in your UK and/or AU stores in their currency.

If you change your mind after adding the UK and/or AU to your shipping zones AND you leave the "do not auto convert prices in other currencies" unchecked, the items will continue to be listed in your UK and/or AU stores even if you remove both countries from your shipping zone. (Removing them from the shipping zone after the items have been added to the UK and/or AU WILL NOT close the UK or AU stores, it only prevents sales to those countries from your US store.

If you want to close either or both sites, FIRST put a check in the box "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Next you will need to run the Global editor, choose "set UK price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. You will need to run the Global editor again, Use Global Editor, choose "set AU price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. NOTE: you must run the Global Editor twice if you want to delete items from both the UK and AU sites.

If you decide you want to sell to the UK or AU from your US store in US dollars, it is possible. After taking the steps listed above to remove items from the UK and AU stores, wait for the Global Editor action to process. Once all items have been removed from both stores, make sure there is still check in the box beside "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Now you can add either or both countries to your Shipping Zone chart. You MUST add shipping for each country in your Shipping Matrix. If you are using USPS Calculated Shipping, you will also need to select the International shipping you wish to use.
movie-inspired-jewelry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your reply and how to delete. I have followed all your instructions and hopefully this fixed this issue. I am going to wait until those deletes are processed and take it from there. Again, thank you!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy the last few days and didn't see all this conversation but I can tell you that if all my sales were coming through my AUS store, the LAST thing I would do is turn off that store. Just be sure that your exchange rate is correct for these two stores and you can go into PP and set your account up for them to convert your funds from UA and UK automatically. If you exchange rate is set correctly, you aren't going to be losing money other than possibly a few cents. You also have to be sure that you have set your international shipping costs correctly.

And as the others have said, you do have a US store. With all three stores, there is three times the chance of someone somewhere seeing your items and buying one and that is the whole point is it not??? Many times when I have bothered to check my google placement, I note that my UK and AU stores show higher than the US ones. I can't find the listing from my US store but the UK one might be on the first page or second. So if you are willing to sell internationally go for it!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Moonwishes. Don't ever close a money pipeline if there is money flowing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: